rock solid.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rock solid.

Mibba
September 14th, 2008 at 06:05pm
I don't really think it's wrong.

Some people put disclaimers and say that it's not real. Besides, not all
slash has to have sex. It could just be a male/male pairing. Most people
just choose it to have that kind of content, but it's their choice.
And also, everyone needs to remember that all the stories are Fanfiction.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
September 17th, 2008 at 07:16am
its fun. Fun to read what people can come up with. I don't think that slash is wrong in the sense that well, c'mon, we're all creative and we like to imagine things. Psheesh, admit it. But i do think, that if i were like, lets say in My Chem and i'd get to read some waycest or frerard, gay slash, i dno, i'd either laugh or be disgusted.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 18th, 2008 at 04:39pm
Question. Is slash fiction just books or an it be like music?
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
September 18th, 2008 at 09:05pm
Shadow of a Doubt:

What do you mean, do people write it about musicians? Because the answer to that is yes. People write slash about just about everyone.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 18th, 2008 at 09:22pm
Janie Jones:
Shadow of a Doubt:

What do you mean, do people write it about musicians? Because the answer to that is yes. People write slash about just about everyone.

Ok, nevermind. I just looked up what it was and I was WAY off.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 30th, 2008 at 11:15am
I find the hard-core stuff abit dirty....esp when 12 year olds write them,
but I wouldn't kick up a storm about it......
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
October 13th, 2008 at 02:43pm
This is the first time i've posted here since the slash thread was closed down.
I see it as a means of self expression, just through writting passionate literature with characters that people are acquainted with, be it ficional [dr who] or non fiction [green day]
At the end of the day it's not meant to offend or be an actual reflection on people's personal lives, it's just a style of writting, like any other.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 13th, 2008 at 03:44pm
+_Pledged_+:
This is the first time i've posted here since the slash thread was closed down.
I see it as a means of self expression, just through writting passionate literature with characters that people are acquainted with, be it ficional [dr who] or non fiction [green day]
At the end of the day it's not meant to offend or be an actual reflection on people's personal lives, it's just a style of writting, like any other.

Self expression? But you're not expressing things about yourself, you're writing explicit stories about other people, often times without their permission. "Passionate literature" is a very nice way to describe some of the disgusting writing that falls under the category of slash- I refuse to even call some of it literaure.

Writing something completely false and libelous about someone without their permission is never ok in my opinion, regardless of what was "meant" by it.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
October 13th, 2008 at 03:51pm
You're expressing your own style of writting, that should be encouraged, it builds character.
You're just writting about characters - as I said it's not meant to reflect their personal lives in anyway, and the stories always come with a disclaimer, so no comparrison can be made..
I do agree with the fact that a lot of it can be explicit - I don't believe that the original purpose of slash was to write, in detail, about them actually doing it, some stories do go too far.
ZukoAlone
Idiot
ZukoAlone
October 24th, 2009 at 03:10am
I think it's just a bit of fun, of course it should come with a disclaimer, but as a fan of writing...I can't really deny someone of writing what they want.
Which is sorta dangerous to say...but I can't say don't write something! because I don't like it.
Someone with an opposite opinion should talk to me. XD
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 24th, 2009 at 05:44pm
I think it's sick when it's not guarded correctly and young kids have access to it.
But it's very difficult to guard this kind of stuff.
Practically impossible.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 24th, 2009 at 06:53pm
Eireann Go Bragh:
I think it's sick when it's not guarded correctly and young kids have access to it.
Practically impossible.

It's really the parents responsibility to put the appropriate internet child locks in place. But really, a bit a slash isn't going to do them any harm, children don't need to be protected from sexual content half as much as adults think they need to be. Kids are usually aware of sex from a much younger age than their parents might like, and are naturally very curious about anything related to sex. If things like slash satisfies that curiosity, then where's the harm?
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 25th, 2009 at 10:40am
Incubus:
Eireann Go Bragh:
Practically impossible.

It's really the parents responsibility to put the appropriate internet child locks in place. But really, a bit a slash isn't going to do them any harm, children don't need to be protected from sexual content half as much as adults think they need to be. Kids are usually aware of sex from a much younger age than their parents might like, and are naturally very curious about anything related to sex. If things like slash satisfies that curiosity, then where's the harm?

It's the parents responsibility, yes. But parents can't stalk there children 24 hours a day, that's unrealistic.
I do think a bit of slash would have some damage on an 11 or 12 year old.
Not all children are aware of such things at a young age and I'll be damned if introducing it to them in the form of explicit slash sex is the right way.

It can do more harm then you think. No one knows how other people think,
or how other things affect them.
We all react differently so a younger child might have a very negative response to slash. It's all about diverse thinking, really.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
October 25th, 2009 at 12:34pm
lol young kids are the ones who write that shit.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 25th, 2009 at 12:39pm
paper shoes:
lol young kids are the ones who write that shit.

Some.
occultculture
Banned
occultculture

Blog
October 25th, 2009 at 12:41pm
I was into slash when I was 13.
upon further reflection, that's quite an awkward age to be interested in it.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 26th, 2009 at 04:53pm
Fionn Og:
I do think a bit of slash would have some damage on an 11 or 12 year old.
Not all children are aware of such things at a young age and I'll be damned if introducing it to them in the form of explicit slash sex is the right way.

You'll be hard pushed to find a pre-teen who isn't aware of sex. It's everywhere; if they haven't already picked up on some details from their parents, older siblings, other kids at school, then they'll surely be aware of it from soaps and magazines and other popular media. You're very naive to think otherwise.

It can do more harm then you think. No one knows how other people think,
or how other things affect them.
We all react differently so a younger child might have a very negative response to slash. It's all about diverse thinking, really.

Once I again I feel you're under-estimating children. They're a lot more adaptable and better able to cope with new ideas than adults. They view the world differently than adults. Just take fairy tales for example; adults are constantly trying to censor out the gruesome details in order to protect children from 'negative responses' as you put it. But this is unnecessary as children rarely focus on these details, let alone become traumatised by them.
It's the same principle with sex, adults feel children should be protected from it, but really all they're doing is stifling the child's natural curiosity.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 26th, 2009 at 05:39pm
Kids pick up on sex from everywhere, like you say parents, friends siblings, soaps, but not in the graphic detail some slash fics present. I'm nearly 19 and what I've read in some of those things gross me out.

You feel I'm underestimating children by saying they have diverse thinkings? That is a very strange thing to feel, very strange indeed. I'm actually surprised by that.

Children may not focus on fairy tale details.
Preteens will very much focus on any sexual act they come across. They're hitting hte teen period, it's practically their job to focus in on it.

And of course it arouses curiosity, there'd be something wrong if it didn't.
But I see no sense in exposing a 12 year old to the minute by minute details of a blow job or having a dick rammed up someone's arse.

By all means, if you feel there's nothing wrong with explaining how to do those things, then you keep that opinion
But If i ever saw my younger sister reading that pervy stuff, I'd toss the computer out one window, and her out the other.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 26th, 2009 at 05:43pm
if they don't like what they're reading, then there's a big red x button they can click on. it aint that hard to pick and choose what you read on the internet.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2009 at 06:03pm
My previous posts in this thread were kind of retarded so whaddup I'm ~updating my stance.
I write slash, I read slash. Strictly based on fictional characters. Mostly just for one fandom and one specific pairing. My fics are all pretty nonexplicit middle of the road stuff. I think fanfiction as a whole is a beautiful tribute to something you admire or adore. With books, people love the stories so much, they don't want them to end, so they go on making them.

Now down to the nitty-gritty of hardcore 'slash' which I'm sure is all we're interested in. If we're talking about actual erotica, N-17, explicit sex, BDSM, bestiality, mpreg and basically the most disturbing stuff out there...well, in my experience of reading this shit, I've never come across an author of explicit stuff who doesn't tag it properly. People write warnings. It's there in black and white. If you choose to ignore it and you come across corpse!sex it's your own fkn fault. Okay, if there are people out there who tag their stories incorrectly and kids stumble across it, I can see the reason to be angry. But I've never seen it happen.

I think you can find worse things in books. Gay erotica exists in book form too. You can go to the library at any age and find the Marquis de Sade. I wouldn't recommend it actually, whatever your age, unless you're keen on that stuff. Slash isn't this evil thing that corrupts kids; real, actual books can be explicit and disturbing too.
Register