The end of the world: Sooner or later?

AuthorMessage
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
February 12th, 2010 at 08:46am
Remember when people thought that the world would end on 06.06.06 & it didn't?? Lol...
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
February 13th, 2010 at 07:48pm
Sherlock Holmes:
Remember when people thought that the world would end on 06.06.06 & it didn't?? Lol...

THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY... O.o

OK, it's in 1996, but still!! OMG, what if the word ended on my birthday?! xD
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
February 14th, 2010 at 12:03pm
DirntyBitch21:
Sherlock Holmes:

December 21st, 2012 is my 21st birthday DDDD:
I think I'm going to have a massive party on the 22nd
anyone who survives will be welcome.
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
February 16th, 2010 at 07:07am
Desmond Hume:
St. Hamster:
Sherlock Holmes:

Hahaha. I will come. Cassie
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 3rd, 2010 at 08:19am
it depends on when the people start thinking...
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
March 3rd, 2010 at 09:05am
Desmond Hume:

Brilliant - the post-apocalypse party? lmfao

Aliiiiii.:

Isn't it more accurate to say that the Mayans predicted that there would be a change on December 21st 2012 - a positive change, like a new era or something like that?

Further to this, I give you Wikipedia:

Wiki - 2012 Phenomenon

Most of which supports the theory that the world will 'change' rather than 'end' in 2012 - interesting reading nonetheless.
Rey Degan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Rey Degan
March 17th, 2010 at 08:12am
21st Dec is my birthday and if I die at that date it will be easy,same death and birth day.
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
March 18th, 2010 at 10:24am
Oh, and the world was supposed to end on 07.08.09 at 12.34 and 56 seconds.

That didn't happen either...
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
March 21st, 2010 at 12:46pm
The latest predictions:

Leonardo da Vinci predicted that the world would end on November 1, 4006, Vatican researcher Sabrina Sforza Galitzia has concluded.

Galitzia said the clues were to be found in da Vinci's Last Supper mural, the Times Online reports.

The central half-moon window, or lunette, above his painting of Christ with his disciples before the Crucifixion contains a "mathematical and astrological" puzzle which she has deciphered, she said.

She claimed to have worked out that da Vinci foresaw the end of the world in a "universal flood" which would begin on March 21, 4006 and end on November 1 the same year. Documents showed that he believed that this would mark "a new start for humanity", Ms Sforza Galitzia said.
i

"There is a da Vinci code - it is just not the one made popular by Dan Brown," she said.

Ms Sforza Galitzia, who formerly studied da Vinci manuscripts as a researcher at the University of California in Los Angeles, now works in the Vatican archives.

Guess we have two more milleniums to live Faith
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
March 21st, 2010 at 04:38pm
I think the Human race would have destroyed itself by then. :3
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
March 24th, 2010 at 12:32pm
Does anyone remember when they were gonna do that test thing and people said it would make a black hole and the world would go in it?
Me and a couple of my friends knew it wouldn't happen, but being curious we stayed up all night because we said "If the world ends, I at least want to see what the end looks like". Of course, it didn't happen.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
March 24th, 2010 at 04:16pm
Jedi:
Does anyone remember when they were gonna do that test thing and people said it would make a black hole and the world would go in it?
Me and a couple of my friends knew it wouldn't happen, but being curious we stayed up all night because we said "If the world ends, I at least want to see what the end looks like". Of course, it didn't happen.
Yes, CERN and "the God particle". I remember that Smile They started this machine and it broke like the second day. It was funny how people were all hysterical about it.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
October 15th, 2010 at 12:17am
we're all fucked in 2012!
I don't think it's possible at all to predict an apocalypse. There's been so many dates that it's been predicted to end. Remember Y2K? hm... well, no shut downs of all planes and trains. No random explosions. My dad said something about 1982, there was a scare then as well. acutally I think if the world were to end, it could happen any time. I could go online and post all sorts of prophetic sounding crap, and it could become a rumor. I won't.. I'm just saying, it's been predicted over and over.
It's sort of annoying to see people that think it will. It could happen anytime, any moment. It's also 4 days before my 21st birthday. shame.
I've been bored, reading various shit online (who knows how accurate it is?), and I see a lot of things that say the Mayans believed 12/21/12 to be a day of celebration..
so. I'm just interested to see what happens. I'm going with nothing. but I'd like to be back here to post about it Wink
coop
coop
October 15th, 2010 at 09:01am
BelaFarinRod:
we're all fucked in 2012!
I don't think it's possible at all to predict an apocalypse. There's been so many dates that it's been predicted to end. Remember Y2K? hm... well, no shut downs of all planes and trains. No random explosions. My dad said something about 1982, there was a scare then as well. acutally I think if the world were to end, it could happen any time. I could go online and post all sorts of prophetic sounding crap, and it could become a rumor. I won't.. I'm just saying, it's been predicted over and over.
It's sort of annoying to see people that think it will. It could happen anytime, any moment. It's also 4 days before my 21st birthday. shame.
I've been bored, reading various shit online (who knows how accurate it is?), and I see a lot of things that say the Mayans believed 12/21/12 to be a day of celebration..
so. I'm just interested to see what happens. I'm going with nothing. but I'd like to be back here to post about it Wink
your opinion is very good :]
I give a shit about what the Mayans believed. That sounds hard, but no one cares about what we believe now in 2000 years. So I don't believe we'll die at 12/21/12 ... And if not, I'm going to laugh at all these idiots who believed it. Haha.
Register