News about the new album!

AuthorMessage
Joel's Joke Kids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joel's Joke Kids
November 24th, 2008 at 12:16pm
AP visited Green Day in the studio and had the chance to hear some of the new tracks. They mention that there are three Act’s in this album (Act 1- “ Heroes and Cons”; Act 2 “ “Charlatans and Saints” - Act 3 "Horseshoes and Handgrenades"Wink. Some of it is political, but most of it very much personal. They talk about 7 songs they heard (of 16 the band has). The song "March of the Dogs" is a "religious rant", while the song "21st Century Breakdown" is a bit more personal, but still talking about how the American dream seems to fade away. A “piano-driven love ballad” called “Last Night On Earth” where Billie talks about it being a romantic moment with more between the lines.

They mention the new album seems to be in line for a spring release.

The article clarified that the last report we heard in 2006, about Billie Joe writing 45 songs on the piano, was not true. While there is some piano on the songs, Billie Joe said that just didn’t happen.

They mention a lot of older rock music seeming to stem from the inspiration for this album. The author writes about some of the songs motivation of The Beatles, The Clash and John Lennon.

The entire article has some really great descriptions of the work the guys have been doing and their feelings about it. I can't wait to find the magazine in stores, I'll definitely be going out to buy it (there's a few new pictures as well).

- Greendayauthority.com
Joel's Joke Kids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joel's Joke Kids
November 24th, 2008 at 12:25pm
Mr Armstrong.
Geek
Mr Armstrong.

Blog
November 24th, 2008 at 01:07pm
Tre has a new tattoo :]!♥
Not too sure on Billie's hair Neutral but hes still amazingg :]!
Cant wait for there new album, it sounds amazing, i think it'll be the biggest album of next year. :]
Green Day til the enddd :]♥
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
November 26th, 2008 at 06:50pm
What's wrong with posting this in this thread?
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
November 27th, 2008 at 01:47pm
I read a bit of the article from the screen shots and it sounds pretty religious. But, it's Green Day, they're experts of making awsome songs with the serious meaning.

Tre's new tatoo looks cool. Billie's hair is much better than the hair he had on the Foxboro Hot Tub tour. And Mike just looks really tired!

In a more recent news update it says...

Mike Dirnt has teamed up with Macbeth Footwear. This collaboration results in Mike’s first signature product with the Macbeth brand… a signature shoe which is slated to debut in stores Summer 2009. Just in time for the launch of the NEW Green Day album! New tunes, new threads, we’ve got a lot to look forward to.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
November 28th, 2008 at 02:56am
^^ haha just read that as well.
Joel's Joke Kids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joel's Joke Kids
November 28th, 2008 at 09:53am
Slappy Jay.:

And whats wrong with creating a new thread? Jeez.
inferno
Geek
inferno
November 28th, 2008 at 10:03am
Wow, this is exciting news.
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
November 28th, 2008 at 10:29am
Joel's Joke Kids:
Slappy Jay.:

I never said there was anything wrong, but why couldn't you have started this inside that one?
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
November 28th, 2008 at 10:30am
Another Idiot:
I read a bit of the article from the screen shots and it sounds pretty religious. But, it's Green Day, they're experts of making awsome songs with the serious meaning.

Tre's new tatoo looks cool. Billie's hair is much better than the hair he had on the Foxboro Hot Tub tour. And Mike just looks really tired!

Mike Dirnt has teamed up with Macbeth Footwear. This collaboration results in Mike’s first signature product with the Macbeth brand… a signature shoe which is slated to debut in stores Summer 2009. Just in time for the launch of the NEW Green Day album! New tunes, new threads, we’ve got a lot to look forward to.

The album isn't going to be religious or anything, from what I've read, they're talking about how big of an issue people are making religion out to be.
I don't know D:
Joel's Joke Kids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joel's Joke Kids
November 29th, 2008 at 04:59am
Slappy Jay.:
Joel's Joke Kids:
Slappy Jay.:

I never said there was anything wrong, but why couldn't you have started this inside that one?
Well,people pay more attention on new topics I believe,this is more than likely catching more people in the eye than just a new pop up. Anyway,if ya have a problem with that,you can merge this or whatever.
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
November 29th, 2008 at 11:47am
Wtf, I don't have a problem with it and I don't know why you're making such a big deal over me suggesting you switch it -_-
Just keep it going, obviously it's not that important.
nadroj
Geek
nadroj

Mibba Blog
November 29th, 2008 at 01:32pm
Slappy Jay.:
Another Idiot:

The album isn't going to be religious or anything, from what I've read, they're talking about how big of an issue people are making religion out to be.
I don't know D:

It's really not Religious,
And I read the whole thing Slappys right Their talking about other people and religion. From what I got Billie's Religion is more music. Very Happy
Joel's Joke Kids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joel's Joke Kids
December 10th, 2008 at 08:26am
Slappy J.:
Wtf, I don't have a problem with it and I don't know why you're making such a big deal over me suggesting you switch it -_-

Nah,seemed like you do. Im making a big deal? Oh hai. Wasnt me who started this. That last sentence was very low. Very,very low.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
December 13th, 2008 at 02:57am
OH calm down everyone. It's going to be a hit.
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
December 13th, 2008 at 10:53pm
Joel's Joke Kids:
Slappy J.:

Nah,seemed like you do. Im making a big deal? Oh hai. Wasnt me who started this. That last sentence was very low. Very,very low.
I think Slappy meant that the fact that the thread was started wasn't a big deal, rather than the thread itself.

>.> So...yeah, wrap that up pretty soon 'cause otherwise it'll get locked anyway.
-
BUT! Anyroad. I...am excited for this album, my god. Cassie I'm anticipating something relatively amazing coming up...

[And, incidentally, I think they all look incredible. I adore BJ's hair.]
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 8th, 2009 at 04:38am
I heard it is coming out in April
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 8th, 2009 at 05:54am
From where?
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
January 9th, 2009 at 02:32am
I say take it as a grain of salt till GD themselves or a legit site confirms a release date.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2009 at 07:48am
The always reliable Green Day fansite Green Day Authority is reporting that the band has apparently wrapped up recording in the studio.

The site discovered this fact in a somewhat unusual way:

"Back in November we learned that the band was recording at the same studio where they recorded American Idiot, Ocean Way Recording in Hollywood, CA - same place where they recorded previous albums as well.

"Someone decided to go check it out, and found the guys parking spaces reserved, pretty much confirming the band was definitely there recording.

"A few days ago another visit to the studio showed the parking spaces were no longer reserved, leaving us to assume that recording is done; though, with no official word from the band, we can't really make any promises."

The follow up to "American Idiot" is expected this year.
Register