Hemp/Marijuana

AuthorMessage
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 14th, 2009 at 06:48pm
Fionn Og:
Bleach:
Why not spiritual? For relaxation? To enhance an experience?

I can understand if you don't like marijuana being used as some 'Oohh, look at me, I'm partying and I'm gonna get high!' kind of thing. I don't think certain drugs should be used in that sense, especually since marijuana is a very special thing (at least to me)

do you think that all drugs should only be used for medical reasons, or just marijuana?

I don't agree with it being used for spiritual reasons, relaxation reasons or for experience for 3 reasons: I don't believe in all that spiritual lark ; if you want to relax, take up yogo or buy a sound of the ocean CD ; and I don't believe that experimenting and experiencing the affects of drugs are a part of growing up, not that you said they were.

I have no opinion on other drugs being used for medical or experimental reasons at this time..
Yes but obviously the relaxation and bliss you get from smoking marijuana is much greater than what you get from doing yoga, etc. Realistically, I'm not going to go and walk through nature while doing yoga, it's not as easy or effective. This is why people smoke it otherwise. Those are different feelings. Those are different levels of relaxation and happiness.

"I don't belive in that spiritual lark"

That statement sounds incredibly close-minded. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you. Just because you don't believe in spirituality, and using it for spirituality, doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to use it in that sense. Many religions use marijuana and other entheogens as a part of their spiritual practices. Marijuana has been used for thousands of years for that purpose (medical also, though.) Why do you think this is something that should be taken away? Even if so marijuana is seen as spiritual to you, it is to others. That's like saying that Christians cannot use holy water because you don't believe in its powers.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
June 15th, 2009 at 05:12am
Fionn Og:
I never said it's not personal choice, did I?
In fact, in my previous 2 posts, I said that it is personal choice.

Also, I never said that because I don't believe in it, other aren't allowed believe in it.
Reread what I wrote and you might see it this time.
But you said that you don't believe in it being used for spiritual reasons.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
June 15th, 2009 at 07:38am
Bleach: Obviously it isn't greater for all people. I unfortunately have smoked marijuana, and I didn't like it. I must also undergo meditation programmes to aid in a therapy course I'm in the middle of because I am a manic depressive. I have found that meditations and yoga relax me a lot more. So no, it isn't obvious that marijuana is more relaxing.
It's all down to PERSONAL CHOICE and how it PERSONALLY affects different people.

So your telling me I'm close minded because I don't believe in spiritual stuff? So I guess I'm close minded because I don't believe in God either, or because I don't believe in the muslim faith.. and I guess all religions are close minded to because they don't believe in other religions.
I'm not close minded at all, OK, I'm telling you why I don't believe it should be used for spiritual reasons. Again, PERSONAL choice of those who believe in certain things.
Where did I say my beliefs stand for everyone else? Where did I say because I believed this that others have to believe it? Where? No where.
Also, where did I say marijuana should be taken away? Nowhere.

You need to reread my posts before you rant.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
June 15th, 2009 at 07:41am
Padackles:
Fionn Og:
I never said it's not personal choice, did I?
In fact, in my previous 2 posts, I said that it is personal choice.

Also, I never said that because I don't believe in it, other aren't allowed believe in it.
Reread what I wrote and you might see it this time.
But you said that you don't believe in it being used for spiritual reasons.

I also said 4 times now, that just because I don't believe in it, doesn't mean that others need not believe.
I don't know how to make that statement any clearer.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
June 15th, 2009 at 09:10am
Fionn Og:
I also said 4 times now, that just because I don't believe in it, doesn't mean that others need not believe.
I don't know how to make that statement any clearer.
Sorry, I just picked up from what you said that you don't agree with people using it for relaxation/spiritual/recreational reasons because you didn't believe 'in all that lark'.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 15th, 2009 at 06:26pm
Bud, you keep saying we need to reread your posts. You need to go into more detail about what you mean. It doesn't sound the same for you as it does to me. I can't re-read "I don't belive in that spiritual lark" and think, 'oh! you didn't mean (yadda yadda yadda)'
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 15th, 2009 at 06:38pm
Fionn Og:
Bleach: Obviously it isn't greater for all people. I unfortunately have smoked marijuana, and I didn't like it. I must also undergo meditation programmes to aid in a therapy course I'm in the middle of because I am a manic depressive. I have found that meditations and yoga relax me a lot more. So no, it isn't obvious that marijuana is more relaxing.
It's all down to PERSONAL CHOICE and how it PERSONALLY affects different people.

So your telling me I'm close minded because I don't believe in spiritual stuff? So I guess I'm close minded because I don't believe in God either, or because I don't believe in the muslim faith.. and I guess all religions are close minded to because they don't believe in other religions.
I'm not close minded at all, OK, I'm telling you why I don't believe it should be used for spiritual reasons. Again, PERSONAL choice of those who believe in certain things.
Where did I say my beliefs stand for everyone else? Where did I say because I believed this that others have to believe it? Where? No where.
Also, where did I say marijuana should be taken away? Nowhere.

You need to reread my posts before you rant.
To most people, marijuana is more relaxing. You have a different situation. no no, you can't say that it is obvious. Your situation is not common. To most people, marijuana is more relaxing than yoga or meditation. And when I say 'enhancing an experience' It isn't just about the relaxation. Marijuana can bring deeper thoughts and greater appreciaton for nature/music. I know we weren't discussing that but I wanted to put that out there.

And no. You're not close minded because you don't believe in a god, or gods. I don't believe in a god either.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
June 15th, 2009 at 06:53pm
So I can't say it's obvious, but you can??
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 15th, 2009 at 11:57pm
Fionn Og:
So I can't say it's obvious, but you can??
Nah, my point is that the situation that marijuana is more relaxing than yoga/meditation is more comon than yoga/meditation being more relaxing than marijuana. Unless the majority of people are very spiritual meditators, or have bad reactions to marijuana, it's not the case.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
June 19th, 2009 at 07:36pm
I wouldn't agree with it being more common at all.
At the end of the day, I see it as a filthy disgusting life ruining drug.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 19th, 2009 at 08:23pm
k.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
June 19th, 2009 at 09:47pm
this is a question about weed
k i'm always told by people it's not addictive
but a couple of my friends admitted that they are addicted to weed
so i don't really understand
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 20th, 2009 at 12:19am
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
You can become addicted to it psychologically.
But you can get psychologically addicted to anything in this universe.
It's like being addicted to junk food, not a drug like heroin.

Personally I think that people are bullshitting when they say they are physically addictive
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
June 20th, 2009 at 12:39pm
Bleach:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:

Personally I think that people are bullshitting when they say they are physically addictive

alright thanks!
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 20th, 2009 at 01:36pm
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
Bleach:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:

alright thanks!
Cool
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
June 21st, 2009 at 10:42pm
Fionn Og:
I wouldn't agree with it being more common at all.
At the end of the day, I see it as a filthy disgusting life ruining drug.
Thank you for providing the lulz.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2009 at 08:29am
Since when did this forum degenerate into pointless and immature comments rather than serious debate?

It might actually be valuable to discuss the political aspects to this topic, such as, should personal morality dictate the legality of a drug, or should it rather be left up to the individual as the determiner of his/her own self interest? And if you really think it is up to the individual, but are still anti-drug, then why bother moralising on their choices? Why not just accept it and move on?

Obviously, this thread started off as a debate on the legality of hemp products, which as we've already established, isn't even illegal so there isn't a debate. And there are probably other threads to discuss recreational drug use, but as this is one of the few active topics in this forum at the moment, I think if people actually have anything useful to say then we might as well carry on.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 22nd, 2009 at 11:18am
How about the religious aspect?
I was clicking 'random article' on wikipedia and found something about rastafarians who use it in a religious way.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 22nd, 2009 at 05:04pm
ocean avenue:
How about the religious aspect?
I was clicking 'random article' on wikipedia and found something about rastafarians who use it in a religious way.
which is why making it illegal is a violation of the First Amendement. also psychedelic drugs. and possibly other drugs too. I don't know.

yes, rastafarians do use it as a spiritual guide.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 22nd, 2009 at 05:10pm
Bloodraine:
Since when did this forum degenerate into pointless and immature comments rather than serious debate?

It might actually be valuable to discuss the political aspects to this topic, such as, should personal morality dictate the legality of a drug, or should it rather be left up to the individual as the determiner of his/her own self interest? And if you really think it is up to the individual, but are still anti-drug, then why bother moralising on their choices? Why not just accept it and move on?

Obviously, this thread started off as a debate on the legality of hemp products, which as we've already established, isn't even illegal so there isn't a debate. And there are probably other threads to discuss recreational drug use, but as this is one of the few active topics in this forum at the moment, I think if people actually have anything useful to say then we might as well carry on.
arg. thank you, I have been thinking this too, but then again, I didn't think anyone would really have an opinion on it.

And I so agree with that first paragraph. I thought in the US, it it illegal to grow hemp. hemp does not = marijuana Even though the hemp is going to be used for other purposes. if this were true, it would solve so many problems. Like I said, it uses less water, and you can re plant hemp on the same patch of land instead of planting trees and then clear-cutting it so it never grows back.

so if it were legal, why wouldn't it be used so much more?
Register