Hemp/Marijuana

AuthorMessage
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 22nd, 2009 at 05:10pm
I did find this

"Currently thirty-two countries, including Canada, Great Britain, France and China, allow farmers to grow industrial hemp. Currently, hemp farming in the United States is not permitted unless you receive a permit from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. In 1999 both Minnesota and North Dakota passed legislation to allow farmers to grow industrial hemp. Hawaii passed legislation allowing for an initial research plot in December 1999. "
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 22nd, 2009 at 06:26pm
Bleach:
There is a drug thread. This is a different subject. opinions? on either the use of hemp or the use of marijuana recreationally or medically?

and does anyone have any idea as to why Marijuana/Hemp is banned/illegal?

apparently I had actually asked about recreational marijuana, and industrial hemp.
derpina
Falling In Love With The Board
derpina

Mibba Blog
July 26th, 2009 at 01:32am
I don't find anything wrong with smoking marijuana, I personally don't think it should be outlawed. Plus I smoke and I'm still a straight A student.
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.
Geek
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.

Blog
October 19th, 2009 at 08:29pm
ahhh,
praising jah= major good
occultculture
Banned
occultculture

Blog
October 25th, 2009 at 12:31pm
I used to smoke and drink every day.
Then I got a DUI.

[:

I think that says enough for itsself.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 26th, 2009 at 05:57pm
I think marijuana is an absolutely useless, ridiculous thing to do.
Waste of money, waste of time.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 27th, 2009 at 03:26pm
condomgun:
not a waste and I come up with good riffs too when I'm high. :] Actually probably most of the music you like was made by a high musicians. :]

Sorry, but rebel bands don't smoke weed. xD
That's all I'm really into .

I think it's a complete waste. I don't condone tossing money towards the drug trade.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 31st, 2009 at 07:54am
Judge Turpin:
Why?
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 31st, 2009 at 07:54am
condomgun:
Weed=Good.
Coke=Bad.
Antidepressants=full of crap.

But weed=GOOD.
Why?
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 12:01pm
like strawberry pie:
Judge Turpin:
Why?

Because I think all crime causing drugs are a waste, that's why.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 31st, 2009 at 05:09pm
Judge Turpin:
like strawberry pie:
Judge Turpin:
Why?

Crime causing? You mean crime caused by people using the drug or the crime network behind producing and distributing the drug?
Because if it's the former, you should realise that alcohol cause far more accidents and anti-social behaviour than marijuana. As Bill Hicks pointed out: you never see stoned people getting into fights.

So unless you're also against alcohol that's a rather hypocritical view point.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 07:36pm
Incubus:
Judge Turpin:
like strawberry pie:
Judge Turpin:
Why?

Crime causing? You mean crime caused by people using the drug or the crime network behind producing and distributing the drug?
Because if it's the former, you should realise that alcohol cause far more accidents and anti-social behaviour than marijuana. As Bill Hicks pointed out: you never see stoned people getting into fights.

So unless you're also against alcohol that's a rather hypocritical view point.

Crime caused by people using it and the criminals producing and selling it.

I do realize alcohol causes a lot more accidents because that's one of the first things a person will say if you say you don't like marijuana, but that doesn't change the fact that I think marijuana is a wast of money and time.

Because Bill Hicks says it, doesn't mean it's true. There's plenty of people that get an over night stay in a prison cell for being stoned.

I don't like the drug.
There own business if they use it, I just don't like it.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 07:59pm
It's not legall because the goverment can't tax it.

But, it's bad for brainn cellsss,
Bad for your health....
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 08:02pm
SidKnee.:
It's not legall because the goverment can't tax it.

But, it's bad for brainn cellsss,
Bad for your health....

True, lame Government. >.<
My uncle was growing it and he got caught with it. The first words out of his mouth were "Ah cut me some slack boy, I was just about to harvest that one."
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 31st, 2009 at 08:34pm
Judge Turpin:
Crime caused by people using it and the criminals producing and selling it.

I'd like to see some statistics on the level of crime caused by marijuana users.
Because according to the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug: Abuse "marijuana only" marijuana users are only very slightly more likely to commit crimes than non-users, in fact, only one percentage point--we are comparing 24.4% with 25.5%. Also among "marijuana only" users, there is no statistically significant correlation between frequency of use and the commission of crimes--the differences are small, insignificant, and in no consistent direction. Among users of one other drug, likewise, frequency of marijuana use is extremely loosely associated with committing offences-the differences which are observed are small, statistically insignificant, and point in no particular direction.

I do realize alcohol causes a lot more accidents because that's one of the first things a person will say if you say you don't like marijuana, but that doesn't change the fact that I think marijuana is a wast of money and time.

You can argue that a lot of things are a waste of money and time; like sweets and ipods!
And you've completely over looked the fact that marijuana has medical purposes; it can be used to treat a number of diseases (including some cancers) and symptoms and is also a very effective as a pain killer with very few negative side effects.

Because Bill Hicks says it, doesn't mean it's true.

Nonsense! Bill Hicks is always right.

There's plenty of people that get an over night stay in a prison cell for being stoned.

That doesn't mean they were in the prison cell for starting fights. It's well documented that stoned people are mellow and spaced out, in other word: not in any state to initiate a fight. And in fact it's been statistically proven that marijuana use reduces the likelihood of violent behaviour.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 08:54pm
Just because it's a lower percentage doesn't mean anything. Crime is crime. It's wrong, I don't like it.

You probably haven't seen previous posts from me on this topic. But in them I go through the whole medical thing. Blah, Blah, long story short I get over that.

Just because some are spaced out doesn't mean they all are.

I just don't like it. I never have, I never will.
What stoners do in their own time, is their own business.
And it's lovely for them to have a hobby.
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 09:08pm
why is this thread called hemp/marijuana? they aren't the same thing...it would take several fields of hemp to even get a slight buzz.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 09:22pm
Willow:
why is this thread called hemp/marijuana? they aren't the same thing...it would take several fields of hemp to even get a slight buzz.

cause we discuss all aspects of the family

and hemp moisturizer smells amazing.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 31st, 2009 at 09:23pm
Judge Turpin:
Just because it's a lower percentage doesn't mean anything. Crime is crime. It's wrong, I don't like it.

Of course it does; it's strongly suggests that taking marijuana is unrelated to the crimes marijuana users commit, i.e. that those people would have most likely committed those crimes anyway.

Just because some are spaced out doesn't mean they all are.

But the vast majority do have that reaction to marijuana. It's because marijuana contains delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol which acts on receptors on the nerve cells which influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception. Considering this, I would be highly surprised if more than a very small minority of marijuana users didn't feel spaced out.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 09:32pm
No, it doesn;t suggest they would have done it anyway. I've tried marijuana, hence my hatred for it. I was not a friendly person while using it. I would never do what I done while on it.

Just like some have a spaced out reaction to it, doesn't mean others will. Diversity.
I know what's in it.
Register