Electronic Music <3

AuthorMessage
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
April 16th, 2009 at 08:22am
Well, I've hopelessly been looking for a thread like this,
I haven't really found it. This thread is open for anything, so go D'n B,
go Electro, Tech and all its varients, Jungle, Goa, etc. But don't forget electronic rock :p

I have quite a genuine interest in all kinds of Electronic Music :p
I like anything, going from the krautrock of Can and Neu! in the late 60s, over Kraftwerk and Jarre in the 70s, ELO, to Richie Hawtin , Laurent Garnier, Carl Cox and Underworld. These past two years I've been obsessed with older rave/acid house à la 808 State. I also spin and produce records (for the past two years). My style hits the likes of AutoKratz, Boys Noize, Black Strobe,Guns N' Bombs, Siriusmo, I Scream Ice Cream,SebastiAn, Egotronic, Tepr and a bunchload more I can't think of.

Use this thread to direct eachother to great music, discuss music, post mixes you might find on the internet, whatever really.

Long Live The Drumcomputer!
Seb
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
April 16th, 2009 at 10:57am
Awesome thread. Cassie

Well I really love electronic music. My favourite genres are D&B (including Darkstep, Breakcore (best d&b subgenre ever tbh), Ragga Jungle and Jump-up), Rave (New Rave and Oldschool, but I prefer Oldschool) and Psytrance/Goa (including Oldschool, Full On, Dark and Progressive). Meh, I like way more electronic genres than those but it would take me ages to write 'em all down. xD

Atm I'm really into Venetian Snares and Ozzy Ozwald, both great breakcore artists. Oh and I'm probably gonna see Venetian Snares at Dour Festival woopwoop. ^_^ After seeing Altern8 I started listening to Rave again like FFF, Rave Our Souls, Goldfox, old Moby, etc. Rave is great music for parties imo but the best genre to party to is D&B.

Oh and does anyone get the whole Dubstep hype? Everyone seems obsessed with Dubstep these days really. Sad I mean it's not that it's a bad genre or anything, I enjoy listening to Dubstep but I can't stand listening it for more than an hour because it's so... slow you know. Maybe it's just me. >_>

I'll post some awesome mixes later (you can find a Rave Our Souls mix at my profile btw).
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 16th, 2009 at 01:55pm
I LIKE THIS
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
April 16th, 2009 at 02:58pm
Mixes:

SCAMP [ Drum & Bass / Breakcore / Psychedelic / Hardcore ]
He's a dj who moved from the UK to Belgium, a really nice guy who makes pretty decent music. The mix is a (free) album.

Skream [ Dubstep / Minimal ]
This song is just... wow, it's a remix of the song 'In For The Kill'. Skream is definitely one of the better Dubstep djs out there.

Fragany [ Hardcore / Frenchcore / Terror ]
This was recorded at a local party, the sound isn't that good but the set is pretty awesome ( if you're into hardcore/terror ).

Skyve Reuter [ Electro / Drum & Bass ]
A more commercial DJ. This is one of his monthly mixes.

Anoebis [ Oldschool / Psytrance ]
What a good Goa set should be like.

If you'd like a setlist of any of these sets, just ask. (:
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
April 16th, 2009 at 03:48pm
thanks a bunch!
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
April 16th, 2009 at 04:03pm
No problem, if you want a mix of a certain (electronic) genre just ask. ^_^

This one is also a killer:
http://www.djstrex.com/mixes/StreX--Destroya.mp3

Destroya by DJ StreX, a very very nice electro mix, one of the best I've ever heard so far. (:
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
April 17th, 2009 at 09:25am
DARKPSYDE:
Awesome thread. Cassie

Oh and does anyone get the whole Dubstep hype? Everyone seems obsessed with Dubstep these days really. Sad I mean it's not that it's a bad genre or anything, I enjoy listening to Dubstep but I can't stand listening it for more than an hour because it's so... slow you know. Maybe it's just me. >_>

i know... dubstep' s been up and coming for the past two years, but I never really got it. Dubstep parties are really chill, but if dubstep wants to become mass-consumed, it should merge with some other genres and get some serious party guts.
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
April 17th, 2009 at 11:17am
sebspaceman:
DARKPSYDE:
Awesome thread. Cassie

i know... dubstep' s been up and coming for the past two years, but I never really got it. Dubstep parties are really chill, but if dubstep wants to become mass-consumed, it should merge with some other genres and get some serious party guts.

Yeah it's chill to listen to but idk, I don't really get what's so special about it. I hope it gets really mainstream tbh; then it'll disappear from the parties I usually go to, I hate it when I go to a "d&b" party where there's only dubstep. I hope Stealth Bombers never turns in a Dubstep event (I don't know if you know Stealth Bombers, it's a d&b event).

I'm seeing The Qemists tomorrow yay (and normally dj Mujava too but he cancelled Sad).

For the Breakcore/IDM fans out there:

The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
April 20th, 2009 at 04:33am
I really like New Rave, Electropop, Dance Punk, 8 bit & some Drum n Bass
I don't know half of the things you guys just posted, but I'll definatly check it out

I'm really into happy stuff, at the moment I listen to: Van She, Late Of The Pier, Pendulum, Friendly Fires, The Presets, Bolt Action Five, Cut Copy, Goose & the song: The Lake by Muscles etc.
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
April 29th, 2009 at 06:00pm
^ I like 8bit but I can't listen to it for more than an hour. xD

I'm getting more and more into Breakcore/IDM and Hardcore/Frenchcore lately. (: I'm really into bands like Venetian Snares, Tim Exile, Drumcorps, Squarepusher, Khaoz Engine, Kameron Diez, SCAMP, Cardopusher, Hellfish, Cardiak, ... atm.

I'm seeing Tim Exile AND Venetian Snares AND Aphex Twin at Dour Festival, so excited. ^_^ And many other artists but I'm too lazy to name them all.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
May 2nd, 2009 at 07:55am
DARKPSYDE:
haha same =]
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
May 6th, 2009 at 07:25am
The Bears Are Coming:
DARKPSYDE:
haha same =]

come on, so after an hour you turned off your gameboy :p
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2009 at 07:32am
Orbital are the best electronic band ever. There I've said it.
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
May 7th, 2009 at 06:16am
Jay Tee:
Orbital are the best electronic band ever. There I've said it.

Dance
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
June 14th, 2009 at 06:07am
lately I've been listening to M83 & Grafton Primary a lot
& In The Morning by Junior Boys is a nice track
DARKPSYDE
Had A Life Before GSB
DARKPSYDE
June 14th, 2009 at 08:26am
^I don't know any of those artists/bands Surprised, what genre are they?

I'm still into Breakcore/Hardcore atm. I really like parties where they play that kind of music. There's always a nice atmosphere and people are usually 18+ (which means most people are there for the music, I hate it when people go to certain parties just to 'look cool'...). I also really like the fact that the parties are organised at small venues (= cheaper). I really really hope breakcore never gets mainstream...

Oh and I'm starting to appreciate dubstep. Razz
chump
Falling In Love With The Board
chump
June 14th, 2009 at 12:31pm

hehe

I had to
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
June 14th, 2009 at 04:25pm
^ omg Goose <3 & I like Digitalism as well so I must check out the others =]

DARKPSYDE:
^I don't know any of those artists/bands Surprised, what genre are they?

on Last.fm (my home lately)
M83 is Tagged as:
electronic, shoegaze, post-rock, electronica, indie
Grafton Primary is Tagged as:
electronic, australian, synth electro, electro, dance
Junior Boys is Tagged as:
electronic, electropop, electronica, indie, canadian

and I discovered these bands yesterday:
& it's back to the 80's: Miami Horror

Powerrangers! Cool : Bag Raiders
chump
Falling In Love With The Board