Discussion and Opinions of 21st Century Breakdown

AuthorMessage
dramamine;
King For A Couple Of Days
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 03:23am
I love the album. My first listen, I thought it was absolutely amazing, and now I'm even more obsessed with it.

They've followed up American Idiot really well, which was always going to be hard because of all the records they sold for it, but I think they've done it. ^_^
And they have the old Green Day sound added with the new Green Day sound which is awesome. ;D
Skippy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Skippy.

Mibba
May 18th, 2009 at 04:33am
21 Guns is my favourite. <3
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
May 18th, 2009 at 08:44am
Its so good when i went to college today i experienced 21st century breakdown withdrawal!
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
May 18th, 2009 at 08:58am
Overthrow The Effigy:
Dustfinger:
Alessandra_:
EDIT: I also think that American Eulogy (Mass Hysteria) sounds tons like Deadbeat Holiday!

THIS. I was listening to it the first time, and I hear the line "Red alert is the color of panic " which is the same notes as "Wake up, the house is on fire!". I can't even help myself from singing "..and the cat's caught in the dryer" following that line.
same here. Im tempted to play them both at the sametime to see how similar they sound Very Happy

I did it Mr. Green they're very similar!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 10:47am
I'm so glad they're not just doing more of the same. I know lots of people say "I like 90s Green Day," but how boring would it be if all their music sounded like that? It would be so monotonous and dull. I hate it when bands do the same thing over and over. If you like 90s Green Day, listen to 90s Green Day! But don't hold that as your standard for judging their new music, you'll just be disappointed because it isn't 90s Green Day, but what they've grown into.

Personally, I'm in love with this album. The piano is amazing, it adds a whole new element to their music, a level of maturity. I also liked how bits and pieces of songs reminded me of older Green Day songs, but were still different. Like emma said..
Emma!:

And they have the old Green Day sound added with the new Green Day sound which is awesome. ;D

It was like this album was building up on all their best traits. I was really, really impressed with Billie's vocals as well. He moved beyond his signature punky-snarl this album.

Last of the American Girls may be my new favorite green Day song. ~~
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 12:44pm
Also. Peacemaker is very much like Misery.

Ish...a bit faster...
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
May 18th, 2009 at 02:39pm
Kurtni:
I'm so glad they're not just doing more of the same. I know lots of people say "I like 90s Green Day," but how boring would it be if all their music sounded like that? It would be so monotonous and dull. I hate it when bands do the same thing over and over. If you like 90s Green Day, listen to 90s Green Day! But don't hold that as your standard for judging their new music, you'll just be disappointed because it isn't 90s Green Day, but what they've grown into.

Personally, I'm in love with this album. The piano is amazing, it adds a whole new element to their music, a level of maturity. I also liked how bits and pieces of songs reminded me of older Green Day songs, but were still different. Like emma said..
Emma!:

It was like this album was building up on all their best traits. I was really, really impressed with Billie's vocals as well. He moved beyond his signature punky-snarl this album.

Last of the American Girls may be my new favorite green Day song. ~~

I was just explaining this to my Mum, haha - how if they kept sounding exactly the same and we all knew what to expect, wouldn't that make them bad musicians?

I have nothing but admiration for them for writing such well-crafted songs Mr. Green

And I also agree with Platypus!, Peacemaker reminds me of Misery too - I really like it!
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
May 18th, 2009 at 03:13pm
I actually lovelovelove the new album (-:
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 03:28pm
I edited the title of this thread to include general discussion of the album. I figured it would happen in here anyways and we don't want another thread to flip between.

In the song Transistors Gone Wild, there is a line that mentions Murder City, I wonder if there is any relation to the song on this album. Probably not, I just thought it was coincidental. tehe
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 09:30pm
idk why but Murder City totally sounds like it could be the title of a Clash song. tehe
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 20th, 2009 at 02:01pm
asthenia.:
idk why but Murder City totally sounds like it could be the title of a Clash song. tehe

It should....

I love the different sections of the song 21st Century Breakdown. It starts kinda slow, gets faster and has more guitars, then it goes slow again.
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
May 20th, 2009 at 02:36pm
I adore it with a passion. So far, my favorite song is "East Jesus Nowhere" but that's subject to change. My dad, who isn't into modern music, seems to like it as well. And he expressed an interest in what I thought the lyrics meant, which is interesting because he's the guy who, for the most part, won't touch anything released after 1979.

In fact, my respect for Green Day as artists has grown considerably stronger because of this album. As several people here have pointed out, it's amazing that they followed up AI so superbly.
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
May 21st, 2009 at 02:47am
Sandwich-Masta:
I adore it with a passion. So far, my favorite song is "East Jesus Nowhere" but that's subject to change. My dad, who isn't into modern music, seems to like it as well. And he expressed an interest in what I thought the lyrics meant, which is interesting because he's the guy who, for the most part, won't touch anything released after 1979.

In fact, my respect for Green Day as artists has grown considerably stronger because of this album. As several people here have pointed out, it's amazing that they followed up AI so superbly.

It's funny you said that - my Dad's a really 'classic rock/country' guy, but I was thinking about copying 21CBD for him... I think he'd really like it Mr. Green
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 21st, 2009 at 12:42pm
Alessandra_:
Sandwich-Masta:

It's funny you said that - my Dad's a really 'classic rock/country' guy, but I was thinking about copying 21CBD for him... I think he'd really like it Mr. Green

XD I let my dad listen to it. He said that Song of the Century was awful and that it'll put everyone off. Oh how he's going to love seeing Green Day live in October. Very Happy
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
May 23rd, 2009 at 08:11pm
I like it, honestly it is better then i thought it would be. Dont get pissed off at me for saying this but i was starting to question if they were still any good.
Bailey.
Bailey.
May 24th, 2009 at 01:54am
I got really nervous before I listened to the album. I wasnt sure I were to like it or not. But then I thought, 'well I like every other album, so I should like this one!'.
I was right.
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
May 24th, 2009 at 11:13pm
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this, but does anyone else notice their song sound like they were inspired by some of their side projects...?

Also, Static Age is based off of the Misfit's Static Age..

I personally like American Idiot better than this album. I think it had better lyrics and a better story line. Granted this album does have some fuckin catchy songs like East Jesus Nowhere and Restless Heart Syndrome. Dance

I don't know if that made sense... I'm really baked. aaa aaa
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 25th, 2009 at 01:46pm
Invalid Subject Line:
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this, but does anyone else notice their song sound like they were inspired by some of their side projects...?

Also, Static Age is based off of the Misfit's Static Age..

I personally like American Idiot better than this album. I think it had better lyrics and a better story line. Granted this album does have some fuckin catchy songs like East Jesus Nowhere and Restless Heart Syndrome. Dance

I don't know if that made sense... I'm really baked. aaa aaa

You have a point which the side projects thing. East Jesus Nowere is very Foxboro Hot Tubs. Also, some people say that Christian's Inferno sounds like something from The Network. I need to listen to them (The Network) more.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
May 25th, 2009 at 11:44pm
Platypus!:
Also, some people say that Christian's Inferno sounds like something from The Network. I need to listen to them (The Network) more.

Definetely does. Except or the chorus of course.
viva la gloria.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
viva la gloria.
May 26th, 2009 at 10:23am
I think 21st Century Breakdown's awesome. I love the first act the most. I don't know why, but it seems like the better songs are on the first act. 21 Guns is awesome, and so is Before the Lobotomy.
Register