Gloria Outfit

AuthorMessage
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 29th, 2009 at 12:17am
Okay, so for the concerts I'm going to, I want to dress up like Gloria... but I need help!

I don't want to look EXACTLY like the girl in the video, but something along those lines.

ALSO: I can't spend a lot of money! I'm broke.

I'm thinking:

Jacket- this is the hardest one. I definitely don't want it to be leather. it's going to be too hot. thin, breatheable material. I'm thinking of some kind of material like the jacket Billie keeps wearing. it'd be cool to sew on patches. also, i prefer a lot of pockets, preferably with zippers. i do NOT want to carry a purse to the concerts i'm going to.

Shirt- I want it to be striped, like in the video, but instead of pink and black, grey and black. maybe have the stripes a little bigger. doesn't matter.

Skirt- not sure... i need help on this. definitely black, but not sure what material

Belt- a studded silver one... that works, right? or, i can always wear my American Idiot Green Day belt... if it works.. does it?

Shoes- I wanna try to get Billie or Mike's signature shoes... probably Mike's if I can. Yes, I know these two shoes are expensive, BUT, I need a new pair of shoes and might be able to convince my mom.

Socks- i have no idea... what socks should I wear?

So, can anyone help me?
I prefer if you find the stuff on amazon.com , as I have gift cards there.
my second choice is hottopic.com

Thanks!
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
Geek
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
June 29th, 2009 at 03:13am
That's a cool idea, dressing as Gloria. Very Happy

For the jacket, try checking some local thrift shops. I just got a bunch of blazers from the 80s in a local thrift shop. I'm sure if you look around, you could find something that would work! Smile Or a good alternative could be a leather vest. It wouldn't be hot, like a leather jacket, but it would still work for the look. Smile

For the shirt, I'd look in Hot Topic or Forever21. Forever21 has a lot of striped tshirts and tank tops, and I tried on a black and grey one there a few days ago. Very Happy
They have a lot of skirts there too, and I know I saw a black denim one that could work. Wink I know F21 isn't on Amazon.com, but their shirts are generally pretty cheap. Very Happy

For socks, you definitely need a pair of knee-highs like Gloria's. Very Happy Last month I went on a knee-high shopping spree at Target and Forever21. They're amazing! They have Target stuff on Amazon.com, so you should check there.

Good luck with your outfit, take a picture when you get everything and post it! Very Happy I'm sure it'll look awesome!
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 29th, 2009 at 08:16am
thank you so much for your help! Smile
I'll see what I can do. I'm going to start working soon so I can get some more money, but hopefully I can convince my mom to pay for some of it, heh. Wink

If anyone else has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciate. Smile
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 29th, 2009 at 10:43am
Wait, what about shoes?
now looking how expensive mike's shoes are, I dunno if I can get them.

would converse work? if yes, what kind?
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
June 29th, 2009 at 11:16am
You can't do this, it's against the punk rock bible to dress up as something from the band whilst going to that bands concert.

At least that's what someone told me.
Pfft.

As for the shoes, just wear a pair of converse, if you already have them there's no point in spending money on new ones.
Very Happy
I think this is pretty cool. I agree with the person up top ^
Pictures are nice Very Happy
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 29th, 2009 at 11:39am
No... you're not supposed to wear a bands t-shirt. Or something like that.
(although I'll incorporate some small Green Day things like patches or buttons or something)
I also wanna dress up as Gloria because I like her style.

I don't have a pair of Converse (well, I do, but they're Converse skate shoes that are blue and white and would look bad with this outfit) but it's cheaper to buy a standard pair than Billie's or Mike's shoes.
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
June 29th, 2009 at 01:45pm
slappy.:
You can't do this, it's against the punk rock bible to dress up as something from the band whilst going to that bands concert.

At least that's what someone told me.
Pfft.

As for the shoes, just wear a pair of converse, if you already have them there's no point in spending money on new ones.
Very Happy
I think this is pretty cool. I agree with the person up top ^
Pictures are nice Very Happy

Woah? Seriously? That sucks.

Also, I don't think it's bad to wear a band's t-shirt. There's loads of people wearing american idiot t-shirts on Bullet in a Bible.

And you have to show you're appreciation of the band. ^__^
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 29th, 2009 at 02:12pm
The reason why is because everyone there is a fan. THEY KNOW that you like Green Day. They think it's "teenie" to wear the band's shirt. Even someone who met Green Day when she was 14 or 15, the members were making fun of her for wearing a Green Day shirt to the show, heh.

Anyway, can anyone else help me?
Anyway,
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
June 30th, 2009 at 04:13am
i'm wearing a pink dress to the concert. Punx. Cool
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
June 30th, 2009 at 12:38pm
lmfao, I'm wearing a tank top and extremely big pants so I can drop my camera down them and not have to worry about it getting taken away. Very Happy
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 30th, 2009 at 12:44pm
Since when did this become a "What are you wearing to the Green Day concert?" thread? hahahahahha
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
June 30th, 2009 at 03:28pm
Well it's pretty much exactly that..
You told what you were going to wear. It's our turn now xD
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
June 30th, 2009 at 04:30pm
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I was asking for advice, heh.
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
July 2nd, 2009 at 12:45pm
Nimrodx007:
The reason why is because everyone there is a fan. THEY KNOW that you like Green Day. They think it's "teenie" to wear the band's shirt. Even someone who met Green Day when she was 14 or 15, the members were making fun of her for wearing a Green Day shirt to the show, heh.

Anyway,

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? I find that slightly hard to believe.

There's a video somewere of Tre wearing a Green Day t-shirt. (Around when Nimrod came out)

So...is there any proof against wearing a Green Day t-shirt. You know what I mean...
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
July 2nd, 2009 at 01:34pm
you should change the title, to "What are you going to wear to GD shows?" or something like that...

I'm wearing my ole' Chuck Taylors and sum skinnies and a tank top maybe...since I'm kinda being up up up front xD
I don't want my good clothes getting dirty from who knows what. 0_o
or getting messed up some how.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
July 3rd, 2009 at 06:27pm
rock lobster:

It's also against the PRB to not wear whatever you want. Very Happy
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
July 4th, 2009 at 12:50pm
CurlyFries:
rock lobster:

It's also against the PRB to not wear whatever you want. Very Happy

Where is this list of rules. I'm getting gradualy more and more confused.
Nimrodx007
Geek
Nimrodx007
July 5th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Platypus!:
Nimrodx007:

Anyway,

There's a video somewere of Tre wearing a Green Day t-shirt. (Around when Nimrod came out)

So...is there any proof against wearing a Green Day t-shirt. You know what I mean...

Yeah, same girl met them again a few years later on the nimrod tour. She ripped her shirt jumping over a fence, so they gave her a nimrod shirt matching tre's. now she was making fun of tre for wearing a green day shirt to a green day concert! Razz
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
July 6th, 2009 at 09:17am
HavingAGreenDay:
i'm wearing a pink dress to the concert. Punx. Cool

I'll probably wear a dress too. But with leggings, just in case. And gig boots - ankle boots that clean well when they get beer/bodily fluids on them Mr. Green
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
July 6th, 2009 at 12:43pm
Nimrodx007:
Platypus!:
Nimrodx007:

Anyway,

Yeah, same girl met them again a few years later on the nimrod tour. She ripped her shirt jumping over a fence, so they gave her a nimrod shirt matching tre's. now she was making fun of tre for wearing a green day shirt to a green day concert! Razz

That doesn't seem bad. That seems like they don't mind people wearing their shirts. You've got me really confused now. And I've seen SO many people on-stage wearing their t-shirts. But that was more recently. In the older videos they don't seem to wear them.

Seriously. I'm confused.
Register