Jimmy/Jesus/Whatsername or Gloria/Christian?

AuthorMessage
XGirSangTheDoomSongX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XGirSangTheDoomSongX

Blog
August 24th, 2010 at 06:03pm
Um, I actually like Christian and Gloria. I don't know why, but I guess it's just that the relationship between St. Jimmy, Jesus of Suburbia, and Whatsername seems a little melodramatic ...Christian and Gloria seem more like a realistic couple. Confused
St.JimmysWhatsername
Geek
St.JimmysWhatsername
August 26th, 2010 at 05:11pm
St.Jimmy, it had more of a story line to it.
21CBD is a great CD but it doesn't really follow a story line like it you think it would.
Achievement Hunter.
King For A Couple Of Days
Achievement Hunter.
January 3rd, 2011 at 06:11pm
I personally prefer Christian and Gloria. Only because I can understand 21CBD a little bit more better then American Idiot. Dont get me wrong I LOVE St. Jimmy and Whatsername.. but I just prefer Christian and Gloria more.
greendayzero
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
greendayzero
January 6th, 2011 at 08:46pm
St Jimmy, JOS and Whatsername
St. Dude
St. Dude
January 7th, 2011 at 12:48am
Jesus of Suburbia/St. Jimmy and Whatsername because i understand it more

the story makes American Idiot a truely amazing album if you ignore the political meanings :]
Cre Tool.
Jackass
Cre Tool.
January 14th, 2011 at 06:04am
JImmy/Jesus/Whatsername
xxGirxx
Idiot
xxGirxx

Blog
January 22nd, 2011 at 11:45pm
watshername and saint jimmy
Tender Wolf
Geek
Tender Wolf
February 27th, 2012 at 12:06am
I honestly like both stories. In American Idiot, it's telling a story about young post-9-11 Americans who are all really just trying to find a reason for themselves, mainly doing so through violence (As depicted in videos. Example:Jesus of Suburbia), drugs, and a visible sense of angst throughout the majority of the album.
And in 21st Century Breakdown, it tells the story of Christian and Gloria, also two young post 9-11 Americans, but instead of trying to find a reason for living, it's talking about how the destructive, headstrong Christian and the calm and more politically-minded Gloria fell in love and are facing the many tests and trials of the 21st Century. They slowly begin to realize that things like the government, media, and stock market are the enemy (21st Century Breakdown/Know your Enemy), and that they are heading our nation nowhere. Nowhere good, at least. Eventually, opposites attract, and they fall in love. (Last Night On Earth) They wind up being rejected by the church body (East Jesus Nowhere) and eventually begin to wake and notice they've fallen into place in a sort of shit town (Murder City). They begin to eventually feel like all of their enemies (Government, Stock Market, Media, etc.) have come to bite them in the ass and are atacking them. (See 21 Guns Official Music Video) Basically, in the end of it all, they know that their lives suck, the 21st Century is a bitch, and they really start wishing they lived somewhere far, far away from America and the modern time period. (American Eulogy {Mass Hysteria/Modern World.)
All in all, however, I like both of them, as they can both relate to my life quite easily, but if I had to choose, I prefer the story of Christian and Gloria, the story that might of easily saved my life.
Goodbye
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye

Blog
February 27th, 2012 at 03:35pm
I honestly say that i liked the storyline for American Idiot and the storyline for 21st Century Breakdown. But I can relate to American Idiot more than 21st Century Breakdown. Other than that i love both, they are strong messages from the band about what our nation is today and how we can't survive the tough times without getting into trouble. Those messages are really strong and I understand them completely.
Register