Green Day News

AuthorMessage
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
October 3rd, 2009 at 04:55pm
Boobmeister:
If Dujo is so busy with his other sites then isn't there a way for him to give posting access to another admin or mod?

We have that right(Courtney, Vonny and I).
clark
GSBitch
clark
October 3rd, 2009 at 06:37pm
then why do we have to wait for dujo to approve it idgi
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
October 4th, 2009 at 08:00am
vanity whore:
then why do we have to wait for dujo to approve it idgi

Dujo has to approve what we submit.
clark
GSBitch
clark
October 4th, 2009 at 08:13am
i think that's what hannah meant. like if he's busy can't he give other admins the permission to approve submissions?
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2009 at 08:22am
I'll ask him. Smile

So far only admins can submit news (even Kurtni) He's the one that actually posts it up.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 4th, 2009 at 09:20am
sorry, yeah i meant the approval. should have made myself clearer.
Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Love

Mibba Blog
October 5th, 2009 at 05:36am
yeah it'd be good if one of you could post the news because news should be UP TO DATE and don't lag xD
if you get what I mean Very Happy

by the way I'm glad you guys still care about GSB and try helping making it better. Thanks a lot!
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
October 22nd, 2009 at 06:17am
Video to Green Day's next single "21st Century Breakdown" released

Don't miss Green Day's new video for their new hitsingle "21st Century Breakdown". The video is featured on many MTV pages, for example over here.

New Tour Dates announced!

January 12th, 2010 Bangkok, Thailand
January 14th, 2010 Singapore
January 16th, 2010 Hong Kong, China
January 18th, 2010 Seoul, Korea

More nominations!

More and more nominations for Green Day!
After getting voted for three EMA Awards they now are up for an American Music Award 2009. You can vote them for Favourite Alternative Rock Artist here.

And as if that isn't enough Green Day are running for the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009. They are nominated as "Best Performing Woodie". You can vote for them here.

Don't miss the American Music Awards 2009 on November 22nd and the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009 on December 4th!
St. Dude
St. Dude
October 28th, 2009 at 12:38pm
Green Day's official Twitter just became more official!

In the past recent weeks, Green Day's twitter was just news and updates from GreenDay.com. Now, the trio stole the log in information and now has taken over the account!

So far, Tre has only tweeted twice while Mike and Billie haven't. You can find their twitter page here and the article from GreenDay.com here.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 29th, 2009 at 09:57pm
lol now I want a twitter.
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2009 at 02:15pm
this takes long....
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2009 at 03:15pm
the thing about news is that they are up-to-date and not lagging for weeks. this takes away all enthusiasm about writing them again in the future. please do something about it? ._.
St. Dude
St. Dude
November 5th, 2009 at 07:33pm
Love:

More nominations!

More and more nominations for Green Day!
After getting voted for three EMA Awards they now are up for an American Music Award 2009. You can vote them for Favourite Alternative Rock Artist here.

And as if that isn't enough Green Day are running for the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009. They are nominated as "Best Performing Woodie". You can vote for them here.

Don't miss the American Music Awards 2009 on November 22nd and the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009 on December 4th!
guess you can forget about that :\
Jersey
Jersey
November 9th, 2009 at 05:20pm
Love:
this takes away all enthusiasm about writing them again

Mad Mad Mad
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 13th, 2009 at 03:09pm
In reply to a PM I got and a blog entry I read,

First of all, it'd be fair to start saying that GSB doesn't need new mods for the moment. We have 2 mods and 5 admins, which is more than enough. I can already hear you "none of them are online!". Regardless what you all think, we still care about GSB and I can't let you say that we don't and that you don't see us online. I personnaly log in on GSB everyday, check what's new and such. I also have a life outside GSB and that remains my priority. I don't think I'd be wrong if I dared thinking that the other mods and admins would agree with me.

- As admins, we can check when was everybody's last visit on GSB. And saying that NONE of us gets online on a daily basis is not true. Just an example, we have a forum for mods and admins where, no later than today, we were talking about banning an user for sending rude PMs and banning another one for (apparently) having a 2nd account.

- Saying that, I quote, "Dujo & co. are focusing all of their time on Mibba, while we get left behind." is also not true. I don't log in on Mibba. Last time was probably 2 weeks ago, and I have 27 posts on there (Go me, n00b!). As for the rest of the team (and I'll keep using that word, "team" and put "Dujo & co." aside for its oh-so-charming pejorative overtone), I can't speak for them all. I could only speak for myself.

You all know there are times when you have new priorities. You don't forget what used to be your first priorities, you just have new ones. That's pretty much it. Dujo has much work on Mibba. This is why he hired a couple of other admins. Nonetheless, as I said above, updates still have to get checked by Dujo. So It may take time. Much time. But that's what it takes when you're made for bigger things and have new priorities.

- "Look at the GSB Awards: usuers are still having their Award winning banners on their profiles when some of them don't even deserve them anymore."
Why's that bothering you? Nobody voted eventually.

As for the blog - blah blahs moderation, I won't lie, I've never moderated them before and Kurtni took care of it. So from now on, I'll take care of it.

Keep posting news in this thread if you're still up to it, and we'll send them (:
nadroj
Geek
nadroj

Mibba Blog
November 13th, 2009 at 07:45pm
Well I'm really happy to hear you guys get on. Most people see the other mods and Admins on Mibba more often.
I'm glad you cleared somethings up. thank you
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 13th, 2009 at 08:17pm
I don't think the issue is if the mods are on frequently enough, it's that they don't seem to be interested in keeping the Green Day side of the fan site up and running. The news doesn't get updated for quite a while after someone's posted an article, and also there are a lot of threads that need locking in the Green Day sections, and while I try to report a lot of them it doesn't always work like that :/
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
November 14th, 2009 at 04:39am
thanks for sorting out the blogs. the blah never had any moderation and don't need one. but the blogs have really gone down lately.
something has to be done with the news though, Dujo could give access to you to post them. that would be great!
the thing with the GSB Awards is bugging me because it is out of date. :/

thanks for your reply, and thanks for getting on. You're like the only one I see around GSB very often. Thanks for that.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 14th, 2009 at 06:44am
Boobmeister:
I don't think the issue is if the mods are on frequently enough, it's that they don't seem to be interested in keeping the Green Day side of the fan site up and running. The news doesn't get updated for quite a while after someone's posted an article, and also there are a lot of threads that need locking in the Green Day sections, and while I try to report a lot of them it doesn't always work like that :/

I can't see any of the threads you've reported.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 14th, 2009 at 01:03pm
Cecilia:
Boobmeister:

I can't see any of the threads you've reported.
another mod must deal with them before you get there then.
Register