Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:23pm
Desmond Hume:
25 is completely ridiculous.
You can't judge something so harshly that you haven't even tried
I'm not encouraging you to drink underage, but reserve all these harsh judgments which don't tell the whole story until you know a little more what you're talking about.

Seriously, I don't have nor need to drink alcohol to understand it, thank you.
I have seen what it does to people,
On TV,
In my household,
To my father,
To my grandparents,
To my friends,
To kids at my school,
To my sister,
And to the dead.

That isn't enough to think it's awful, and that it is not needed?
That is should be gone, or as restricted and out of reach as possible?
There are other ways to expirence something and know A LOT about it, thanks.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:26pm
some people like it though and there is nothing wrong with enjoying a drink every now and then. if people abuse it then that's there own personal problem. it's like saying oh everyone in my family speeds and it's not safe so driving should be banned. people make their own decisions to abuse things
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 18th, 2011 at 10:26pm
That's what YOU see, not what is in a general consensus. Good grief, you just like to jump up to conclusions, and that leaves people bugged at you.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:27pm
JakubHogarddd:
that being said though, what if the age to get your license was higher? then would it be okay to have the drinking age lowered?

Yep that happens here. People can drink legally when there 16 and can get there licence when there 18.
So they know what drunk feels like before they get there licence. Not that it will help some people are just fucking stupid weather there 16 or 80.

What they should stop doing is aming alcohol to the tast of 12 year old
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:31pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:
25 is completely ridiculous.
You can't judge something so harshly that you haven't even tried
I'm not encouraging you to drink underage, but reserve all these harsh judgments which don't tell the whole story until you know a little more what you're talking about.

Seriously, I don't have nor need to drink alcohol to understand it, thank you.
I have seen what it does to people,
On TV,
In my household,
To my father,
To my grandparents,
To my friends,
To kids at my school,
To my sister,
And to the dead.

That isn't enough to think it's awful, and that it is not needed?
That is should be gone, or as restricted and out of reach as possible?
There are other ways to expirence something and know A LOT about it, thanks.

What do you think will change when the legal age is changed to 25, like you said kids at school, going by your age there under 21 and your friends and sister and parents (i hope older then 25) they are all ages and drink or have drunk alcohol. being over 25 or under.
It won't change that much raising the ages, it will just be more of a pain in the ass.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:32pm
JakubHogarddd:
some people like it though and there is nothing wrong with enjoying a drink every now and then. if people abuse it then that's there own personal problem. it's like saying oh everyone in my family speeds and it's not safe so driving should be banned. people make their own decisions to abuse things

To enjoy it here and again is one thing.
I can get that.

But it's just that to many bad things come from it for me to think that younger people should be able to have it younger.
However, from a post I just read, maybe it should be, choose to drink or choose to be able to drive, then again, there would be a way to break that and lie anyway, there are to many lose ends to things. But I just don't think someone my age can honestly drink responsibly, and I don't like the many awful things that come with it.

And, peolpe like my father, don't chose to abuse, he is an alcholic, like many in my family before him, it's in the blood.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 18th, 2011 at 10:35pm
What does drinking do to the dead?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:36pm
greenday6:
What does drinking do to the dead?

My point there was that drinking is what made them the dead.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:38pm
your age is different, you're 16. It's just 2 years but it is a difference.
Prolonging the legal age encourages binge drinking and irresponsibility.
It's one thing for people like you who have no interest to drink, but it's different for those who really want to and are forced to do it illegally for more time, which is more destructive. If a high drinking age was proven to be the best thing, then why are the states the only ones to have it at 21?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:38pm
double post
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:39pm
It's in his blood? If he knows that his family has a past of alcoholism then he should have known to stay away from it. He chose to drink I'm sure he was not forced to get drunk every time. It's all about personal choices and in the end you really don't have anyone to blame, but yourself.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:

I can get that.

But it's just that to many bad things come from it for me to think that younger people should be able to have it younger.
However, from a post I just read, maybe it should be, choose to drink or choose to be able to drive, then again, there would be a way to break that and lie anyway, there are to many lose ends to things. But I just don't think someone my age can honestly drink responsibly, and I don't like the many awful things that come with it.

And, peolpe like my father, don't chose to abuse, he is an alcholic, like many in my family before him, it's in the blood.

in the genes (partly) not blood and it still is a choice, your not a born alcoholic you are more at risk of becomming an alcoholic when it is in your family.
It has something to do with it is easier to become addicted because of the pleasure center in your brain.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:45pm
JakubHogarddd:
It's in his blood? If he knows that his family has a past of alcoholism then he should have known to stay away from it. He chose to drink I'm sure he was not forced to get drunk every time. It's all about personal choices and in the end you really don't have anyone to blame, but yourself.

My father, he went through a lot, a lot that I prefer not to expose, as it's not mine to share.

But that is why he turned to it, because he didn't have anything else,
And he didn't have his dad, the side he get's it from around to know that it was.

But my dad would drink, and he would get violent, real violent.
And that's one of many reason's that I think it really should be made in effect to stop it at young ages as soon as a way can be found.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:46pm
Desmond Hume:
It's one thing for people like you who have no interest to drink, but it's different for those who really want to and are forced to do it illegally for more time, which is more destructive. If a high drinking age was proven to be the best thing, then why are the states the only ones to have it at 21?

I can understand trying it.
Okay.
You like it.
Okay.
Getting wasted and causing harms to other, and yourseld.
Lost me there.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:47pm
jessay:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:

I can get that.

in the genes (partly) not blood and it still is a choice, your not a born alcoholic you are more at risk of becomming an alcoholic when it is in your family.
It has something to do with it is easier to become addicted because of the pleasure center in your brain.

By blood, I meant genes...
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:

Okay.
You like it.
Okay.
Lost me there.

You said you have alcoholism in your family, which I am sorry about. But then you must realize that can happen at any age.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:50pm
Desmond Hume:
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:

Okay.
You like it.
Okay.
Lost me there.

You said you have alcoholism in your family, which I am sorry about. But then you must realize that can happen at any age.

Not trying to be rude or anything, honestly.
But I didn't get the tie there, if you could give a little more detail.

Are you saying that the desire to get wasted it from an early development of alcoholism, or am I way off here?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:52pm
"Getting wasted and causing harms to other, and yourseld"

That could happen at any age is what I'm saying. I don't believe this changes with the drinking age.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:52pm
not everyone is like that when they drink. my grandfather is very rude and nasty when he drinks, but that doesn't stop me from drinking because not all people are like that. if after the first time he was violent from drinking he decided not to stop then that's just his personality. he chose to continue to drink even though he gets like that. again it's about choices.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:53pm
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:

My father, he went through a lot, a lot that I prefer not to expose, as it's not mine to share.

But that is why he turned to it, because he didn't have anything else,
And he didn't have his dad, the side he get's it from around to know that it was.

But my dad would drink, and he would get violent, real violent.
And that's one of many reason's that I think it really should be made in effect to stop it at young ages as soon as a way can be found.

My mum and uncle grew up in a household where it was normal to drink and they both don't, i drink but my brother hardly does, i grew up in a country where the legal drinking age is 16.
In the end it has something to do with responsibility and it is a bit too easy to say my dad had no other choice to become a violent alcoholic because of the legal drinking ages of 21 and not 25 and because alcohol abuse is something that runs in the family
Register