The Legal Drinking Age

AuthorMessage
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:55pm
JakubHogarddd:
not everyone is like that when they drink. my grandfather is very rude and nasty when he drinks, but that doesn't stop me from drinking because not all people are like that. if after the first time he was violent from drinking he decided not to stop then that's just his personality. he chose to continue to drink even though he gets like that. again it's about choices.

I also know not violent alcoholics
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:56pm
yeah i didn't say all alcoholics are violent. i know they all aren't. i had a best friend whos dad was an alcoholic.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:58pm
JakubHogarddd:
yeah i didn't say all alcoholics are violent. i know they all aren't. i had a best friend whos dad was an alcoholic.

I know i was just adding to your story not commenting
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:59pm
jessay:
JakubHogarddd:

I know i was just adding to your story not commenting
oh ok Laughing i was like uhh wtf
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:03pm
jessay:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
It's in his blood? If he knows that his family has a past of alcoholism then he should have known to stay away from it. He chose to drink I'm sure he was not forced to get drunk every time. It's all about personal choices and in the end you really don't have anyone to blame, but yourself.

My father, he went through a lot, a lot that I prefer not to expose, as it's not mine to share.

But that is why he turned to it, because he didn't have anything else,
And he didn't have his dad, the side he get's it from around to know that it was.

But my dad would drink, and he would get violent, real violent.
And that's one of many reason's that I think it really should be made in effect to stop it at young ages as soon as a way can be found.

My mum and uncle grew up in a household where it was normal to drink and they both don't, i drink but my brother hardly does, i grew up in a country where the legal drinking age is 16.
In the end it has something to do with responsibility and it is a bit too easy to say my dad had no other choice to become a violent alcoholic because of the legal drinking ages of 21 and not 25 and because alcohol abuse is something that runs in the family

You can not agree with me all you damn well want,
But DON'T monk my father, thanks.

I didn't say that he was a poor helpless soul, and that he HAD NO OTHER CHOICE but to be a ALCOHOLIC.

VIOLENCE comes from the stuff he has been though in his life.
Kay?

I DIDN'T SAY IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AGE.
Thanks.

I just would like to see people have a chance at their life, and I feel that alcohol is a leader in ruining that BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HELP THAT THEY ARE ALCOHOLICS.

Maybe I'd like to see my dad live a bit over 40, and make it out of his 30.
But with alcohol he NEVER will.
Maybe I would have like to see that my parents didn't split, but my mom couldn't take the alcohol.
And my dad can't quit, even with rehab, and go ahead and say that it's his choice, and mock it. But as Desmund says, unless you've been there, you don't know.

Mock what you want, but don't mock my father.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:11pm
Nada.:
jessay:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
It's in his blood? If he knows that his family has a past of alcoholism then he should have known to stay away from it. He chose to drink I'm sure he was not forced to get drunk every time. It's all about personal choices and in the end you really don't have anyone to blame, but yourself.

My father, he went through a lot, a lot that I prefer not to expose, as it's not mine to share.

And he didn't have his dad, the side he get's it from around to know that it was.

And that's one of many reason's that I think it really should be made in effect to stop it at young ages as soon as a way can be found.

My mum and uncle grew up in a household where it was normal to drink and they both don't, i drink but my brother hardly does, i grew up in a country where the legal drinking age is 16.
In the end it has something to do with responsibility and it is a bit too easy to say my dad had no other choice to become a violent alcoholic because of the legal drinking ages of 21 and not 25 and because alcohol abuse is something that runs in the family

I didn't say that he was a poor helpless soul, and that he HAD NO OTHER CHOICE but to be a ALCOHOLIC.

Kay?

Thanks.

I just would like to see people have a chance at their life, and I feel that alcohol is a leader in ruining that BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HELP THAT THEY ARE ALCOHOLICS.

Maybe I'd like to see my dad live a bit over 40, and make it out of his 40.
Maybe I would have like to see that my parents didn't split, but my mom couldn't take the alcohol.
And my dad can't quit, even with rehab, and go ahead and say that it's his choice, and mock it. But as Desmund says, unless you've been there, you don't know.

You misunderstood experience with mocking i guess. I work with alot of alcoholics and altough alot is influenced by inviorment and genes somethings are also just choices. And in the end the only way to stop drinking is stop drinking and that is damn difficult but not impossble.

That your father turned to alcohol has nothing to do with the legal drinking age what the intitial discussion was started on.
That is why i revered to my family situation.

But i would say don't start a fire when you can't take the heat dear
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:13pm
i don't see how she was mocking your father?
it's sad to see that what you've been through has turned you against so many things in this world, coming from your response to a lot of the threads.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:17pm
jessay:
Nada.:
jessay:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:

Kay?

Thanks.

Maybe I'd like to see my dad live a bit over 40, and make it out of his 40.

You misunderstood experience with mocking i guess. I work with alot of alcoholics and altough alot is influenced by inviorment and genes somethings are also just choices. And in the end the only way to stop drinking is stop drinking and that is damn difficult but not impossble.

That your father turned to alcohol has nothing to do with the legal drinking age what the intitial discussion was started on.
That is why i revered to my family situation.

But i would say don't start a fire when you can't take the heat dear

You mocked him.

And my connection is, as follows:
We should try to keep alcohol away from the youth and young adults [I am refering to early 20's] as long as we can, for the sake of their lives.
Not all of them will have the same reaction as my father, or the same things to deal with, but they can still ruin their lives so quick, and I think it's sad, and it makes me sick. And I just want people to get a chance to really live life before they do something like drink or drugs [yes I know drugs are a WHOLE other thing]

that's why I think it should be higher...for the well being.
Even if kids still do it.
I think it would make it better.
Or I would at least feel better about it.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:19pm
Nada.:
[
And, peolpe like my father, don't chose to abuse, he is an alcholic, like many in my family before him, it's in the blood.

and you did say that your father had no choice ^^^^^^^^
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:19pm
JakubHogarddd:
i don't see how she was mocking your father?
it's sad to see that what you've been through has turned you against so many things in this world, coming from your response to a lot of the threads.

it is a bit too easy to say my dad had no other choice to become a violent alcoholic because of the legal drinking ages of 21 and not 25 and because alcohol abuse is something that runs in the family

The way she worded that, really seemed like she was mocking, and it really just set me off.
And I still feel she was mocking my father.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:20pm
jessay:
Nada.:
[
And, peolpe like my father, don't chose to abuse, he is an alcholic, like many in my family before him, it's in the blood.

said he didn't choose.
Not that he didn't have a choice.

:]
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Nada.:
jessay:
Nada.:
[

said he didn't choose.

BUT HE HAD A CHOICE. alcohol is not a bad thing unless you make it that way.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:22pm
BelaFarinRod:
Nada.:
jessay:
Nada.:
[

said he didn't choose.

BUT HE HAD A CHOICE. alcohol is not a bad thing unless you make it that way.

That goes two ways.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:23pm
Nada.:
That goes two ways.
what? that doesn't even make sense. no it doesn't. alcohol isn't bad unless you abuse it.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:23pm
Nada.:

You mocked him.

And my connection is, as follows:
We should try to keep alcohol away from the youth and young adults [I am refering to early 20's] as long as we can, for the sake of their lives.
Not all of them will have the same reaction as my father, or the same things to deal with, but they can still ruin their lives so quick, and I think it's sad, and it makes me sick. And I just want people to get a chance to really live life before they do something like drink or drugs [yes I know drugs are a WHOLE other thing]

that's why I think it should be higher...for the well being.
Even if kids still do it.
I think it would make it better.
Or I would at least feel better about it.

I understand where your comming from but the real question is will it help raising the drinking age.

I mean just a question to all you here, who of you drank alcohol before there where legaly aloud to drink.
Me for one
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:25pm
you're making it out to seem like everyone that drinks is going to become an alcoholic like your father. it just isn't true. people shouldn't be punished because certain people make stupid mistakes, which is why the drinking age is the way it is. in school i was taught about the effects of alcoholism and what it does to you and your body, but if you're smart about it then you wont have a problem. by the time you're 18 you know how to make your own decisions and you know what is right and wrong. whether people follow the smarter decision that's their choice. again, it's all about choices.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:26pm
i'm not even allowed to drink yet, and i do on occasion.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 11:27pm
Nada.:
jessay:
Nada.:
[

said he didn't choose.

Not choosing is also a choice

On the whole mocking thing ............
There was never any intent to mock any one.
ColieAnne91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ColieAnne91
January 19th, 2011 at 01:01am
Nada.:
ColieAnne91:
Nada.:
ColieAnne91:
i live in the US & i do not like our dinking age.
it should be 18.
if you are old enough at age 18 to die for your country you should be able to drink.
or at least it should be you can drink when you graduate from high school.

Really?
I personally think that is a VERY bad idea.
I got to high school with kids who are to imature to do homework, and get a passing grade, or that just act like kids.
And you think that they should be able to DRINK!?

I think the drinking age should be higher.

Sure you can serve your country.
But that is WAY not the same as drinking.

You get honor dying for your country,
Not for drinking yourself to death.

A 18 year kid from my school died from being drunk and driving a four wheeler,
With he college, and grad, and high school friends...

That is why I said or Graduate from High School. I think it should be both.
If you are 18 & have graduated from high school.
Most other countries legal drinking age is lower than ours & they dont have issues with it like we do.
& people die & get hurt everyday in all age groups from drinking not just younger people.
& if the drinking age was lowered we would not have to put so much time & effort into saying it is wrong. Which is what you hear more than how to be safe doing it.
If the drinking age was lowered we could put forth more effort on telling people how to be responsible while drinking. Instead of always telling them not to do it.
Because telling underage people not to drink is not working as you stated about the 18 year old.
So if it is not working then a new system should be made on what needs to e done.

Oh, I see,
So if a 18 year has grad. from high school, then he will be more responsibile then one who is in high school, more mature....no.

And, if they CAN'T handle it 18, how is that a good arument to put forth and say, "Well, we should lower the age"?

Given, you can tell kids that they can't drink and they will.
But tell a kid they can, and ALL breaks loose.

I think that it should for sure be made higher.

18 year olds have proven they're to child like to drink and be responsible about it, and yes, "adults" do it too, but why does that mean that we should say "Ah heck with it" and let them go at it.

It should be 25 at the lowest in my opinion.
And it's sad, I hear all these kids talk at school about the party they had, and that they don't remember what went down.

I thinks that is disgusting, and sad. Anything could happen to these people and they would never know. They could really hurt themselfs.
And most of the people in my family are alcoholics, and I know I have a SUPER high chance, if I were ever stupid enough, NOT SAYING ANYONE WHO DRINKS IS STUPID, before someone jumps on that, that if I took a swig and grew a liking, there would go my life to some STUPID substance that hurts and kill people, makes them regret things, and that is no good for their health at the aount they are taking it in at.

So I will never ever try it,
And I will never EVER support it, if they say rais the age, by goodness, I'll be the first to support it.

ok so you must not have read the above comments or what I wrote.
Do research on it & see why statistics show that the drinking age is better when it is lower.
I gave proof of why it is better.
Underage drinkers now are drinking where-- in fields, house parties, or just anywhere to get away from adults.
Where do adults drink-- bars,clubs, with other non drinking adults
if the 18 year olds could go to these places there would be a decrease in the danger
&
by the time they are older it is out of their system they do not want to do it as much as they did when they were younger so therefore they dont go crazy when they have waited for so long.

& what do you have to say about all the underage people who are already drinking.
Nothing is stopping them obviously so by keeping the drinking age 21 is just hurting them cause they are doing it alone without adults or the law being able to help them.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 01:05am
i agree! ^
but no matter what you say she will disagree with you
Register