Last of the american girls

AuthorMessage
Your Worst Nightmare
Idiot
Your Worst Nightmare

Blog
April 1st, 2010 at 07:23pm
Yay! LOVED the vid! But then again, I love ALL Green Day music videos, so...yeah. xD
Gloria21Guns
Geek
Gloria21Guns
April 1st, 2010 at 10:00pm
cabot gal:
Spider Tre:
am i the only who one who doesn't have a problem with the two dancers?
I don't. They were the point of the video. I don't understand why everyone kicking up a fuss just cause, shock horror, green day used choreographed dancers!!!

i dont think its so much that they used dancers but that they were just kinda always there and did a bunch of annoying stuff.. i read all the comments (not too many so it was easy lol) and i saw that a couple ppl said that ppl didnt like how they used dancers for the Holiday video, but i like the video and think that they made it work in the video.. i personally think that the dancers for holiday was a nice touch :]

now for my opinion on LOTAG video

i was iffy about it.. i personally didnt like the dancers.. i get that theyre sposed to represent "modern day girls" who only follow others instead of doing their own thing but i just didnt like them.. itd be better (in my opinion at least) if they had taken out the blondes and let "Gloria" (haha LOTAG just came on my ipod XD) do the things they described.. like when it says "she's on a hunger strike for the ones who wont make it for dinner", have her tied down somewhere and have a sign that says something cheezy but effective, like "starving to see everyone have a meal" or something along those lines.. cheezy, yes but still be good for a video :]
ST.BUNNY
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ST.BUNNY
April 1st, 2010 at 11:20pm
love it

Gloria nice face
She...
King For A Couple Of Days
She...
April 2nd, 2010 at 11:48am
MrsBillieJoe95:
cabot gal:
Spider Tre:
am i the only who one who doesn't have a problem with the two dancers?
I don't. They were the point of the video. I don't understand why everyone kicking up a fuss just cause, shock horror, green day used choreographed dancers!!!

i dont think its so much that they used dancers but that they were just kinda always there and did a bunch of annoying stuff.. i read all the comments (not too many so it was easy lol) and i saw that a couple ppl said that ppl didnt like how they used dancers for the Holiday video, but i like the video and think that they made it work in the video.. i personally think that the dancers for holiday was a nice touch :]

now for my opinion on LOTAG video

i was iffy about it.. i personally didnt like the dancers.. i get that theyre sposed to represent "modern day girls" who only follow others instead of doing their own thing but i just didnt like them.. itd be better (in my opinion at least) if they had taken out the blondes and let "Gloria" (haha LOTAG just came on my ipod XD) do the things they described.. like when it says "she's on a hunger strike for the ones who wont make it for dinner", have her tied down somewhere and have a sign that says something cheezy but effective, like "starving to see everyone have a meal" or something along those lines.. cheezy, yes but still be good for a video :]

I think you shoulda directed the vid Mr. Green
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 2nd, 2010 at 11:49am
Yeah cause Gloria just acting out the lyrics wouldn't have been boring at all Cheese
She...
She...
April 2nd, 2010 at 11:51am
I dont think she shoulda done it for the whole thing.. but a bit of it would be nice.
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
April 2nd, 2010 at 12:36pm
i liked it but i do agree the dancers were... interesting. like annoying at some parts but otherwise fine. the vid sorta reminded me of a happier holiday vid
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
April 2nd, 2010 at 01:44pm
I found the dancers annoying too.
But I think it was okay. I think the way the car blew up was quite clever, how she like did the gun shape with her hands and went BOOM
She...
She...
April 2nd, 2010 at 01:48pm
I liked the hand gun bit (: i liked pretty much all of it. Except the funny lighting, loved the way they woke up Gloria
Gloria21Guns
Geek
Gloria21Guns
April 2nd, 2010 at 03:44pm
cabot gal:
Yeah cause Gloria just acting out the lyrics wouldn't have been boring at all Cheese

it prolly would have been better than just watching a couple bonde chicks just running around and doing weird dances.. like i said b4 its not really the dancers so much as the dancing.. i have no prob. with Green Day using dancers but i personally dont think it worked so much for this video..

2nd quote response

She...:
I dont think she shoulda done it for the whole thing.. but a bit of it would be nice.

that in a way what i meant... ok to me that sounded like i just contradicted myself (but only cause im a walking contradiction XD lol) but if i had to absolutely keep them n there for some odd reason, then id at least keep some of the shots of them dancing or them be in like a school or something and be part of the prep group who just kinda give her dirty looks..
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 2nd, 2010 at 05:37pm
But the song isn't about school kids Cheese Green Day are above making music videos about school cliques, they ain't paramore.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
April 2nd, 2010 at 07:14pm
I like it.....
With the volume turned down.
HATE that song.
Gloria21Guns
Geek
Gloria21Guns
April 3rd, 2010 at 05:34pm
cabot gal:
But the song isn't about school kids Cheese Green Day are above making music videos about school cliques, they ain't paramore.

but the song is about ppl following others and high schools usually the best ex. of that.. at least most stereotypic ones.. and mine lol
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
April 8th, 2010 at 05:41pm
Sherlock Holmes:
I like it.....
HATE that song.

awww really? i mean i dont listen to it alot but its not THAT bad is it? lol
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
April 30th, 2010 at 04:42pm
i love the ending when the car explodes Very Happy
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
April 30th, 2010 at 06:27pm
Sherlock Holmes:
I like it.....
HATE that song.

Finally! Someone who shares my dislike Very Happy
Comrade182
Comrade182
April 30th, 2010 at 07:21pm
O.o this video is being wayyy too over analysed!
It was pretty decent, not their best but not their worst.
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
April 30th, 2010 at 07:50pm
Comrade182:
O.o this video is being wayyy too over analysed!
It was pretty decent, not their best but not their worst.
Agreed, not their best and not their worst video.
Viva la Jenna!
Jackass
Viva la Jenna!

Mibba
May 3rd, 2010 at 07:34pm
I had a bit of a different vision of the video.

I thought what they could've done was show different girls... real girls act out the lyrics, like MrsBillieJoe95 said. In the chorus, I kinda pictured the girls on a trampoline jumping up and down in slow-mo.

At the end, they could've used footage of there wives and girlfriend... Tre! xD
Register