wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2011 at 06:40pm
Squid.:
I never really changed the way I eat.
Just took out the meat.
Though I must admit, last check up I had for soccer, the dr. said I was under wait for my age and height..

You can't maintain a healthy amount of protein and iron on a normal diet minus meat. Like, you'd need to eat a HELLUVALOT of broccolli to get the same amount of iron.

That's why they say for every meal, you should replace meat with a legume (like lentils or beans)
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 7th, 2011 at 07:00pm
I eat beans everyday, black beans.
Or rice.
Or Cottage Cheese.
Something with protien.
And I drink about a gallon of milk a day.
I'm really not that worried.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2011 at 07:03pm
and maybe it's nothing to be worried about, but I'm just saying, as someone who has taking courses in introductory dietetics, it doesn't SEEM like you're getting enough protein and iron from that diet. I mean, it's not a life threatening issue, obviously, but it COULD lead to minor health problems.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 8th, 2011 at 09:00pm
Yeah, I know.
But I play soccer, and I guess I assume that because I am doing fine and feel healthy that I am getting enough of everything.
Even though that really isn't accurate.
Kat Von Lee
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kat Von Lee
September 30th, 2011 at 01:25am
I used to be a member of PETA.
But then I fell in love with a hunter, and, well, that went out the window, lol.
When you're a member of PETA, you're definitely in a radical state of mind... you feel like it's your job to fight for animals, for the best or the worst.

One thing I didn't agree with even when I was a hard core vegan and activist was the severity of their stance on use of animals in health circles... I don't support stupid uses of animals, like proving that cigarettes are bad a hundred years after we found out cigarettes are bad. But if it's me or the animal that's going to die, it's going to be the animal. Plain and simple. I wouldn't refuse my insulin if I was diabetic because it was animal-derived.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
October 3rd, 2011 at 02:52pm
Kat Von Lee:
I used to be a member of PETA.
But then I fell in love with a hunter, and, well, that went out the window, lol.
When you're a member of PETA, you're definitely in a radical state of mind... you feel like it's your job to fight for animals, for the best or the worst.

One thing I didn't agree with even when I was a hard core vegan and activist was the severity of their stance on use of animals in health circles... I don't support stupid uses of animals, like proving that cigarettes are bad a hundred years after we found out cigarettes are bad. But if it's me or the animal that's going to die, it's going to be the animal. Plain and simple. I wouldn't refuse my insulin if I was diabetic because it was animal-derived.

Insulin has stopped being animal-derived since 1977, so you don't have to worry about that...
Register