PETA

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:39pm
Idk my experience with PETA is I had a friend in high school who was a huge activist, and she would literally start shit with everyone and post the videos on her fb all the time and the principle of PETA (not her behaviour) honestly just made me want to eat a big juicy burger in front of her in retaliation, because it's not like I was getting nice vibes myself.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:41pm
Desmond Hume:
Nada.:
Why wear it for fashion when there is fake fur that is just like the real thing?
There is no reason, and there is no need to eat meat, when their are fake meats, that honestly tatse like the real thing.

I agree with you on the fur part, there is no reason to wear fur now.
But personally (and I am not a huge fan of meat, I eat just enough to get enough iron and protein) I would rather eat something that as an animal myself, I am supposed to eat, biologically, rather than something chemically manufactured.

And before you go all "omg they make cows eat cowmeal and pump them with hormones and all that" we usually buy our meat from smaller farms in the surrounding areas so that isn't a problem.

I suppose that is better. I will be the first to addmit that there is no way that I can think of other then brainwashing that will make everyone stop eating meat. But I think everyone should try it, when they have the ability. And I don't "OhmygodTHEYDOTHIS" I think however, thought there isn't one humane way to kill something, they could not killl animals in such a awful way. You know? At least show a little respect. Don't skin anything alive, or boil it in water while it's living to de-feather it. Show a little compassion at least, if you're going to eat meat.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:42pm
Desmond Hume:
Idk my experience with PETA is I had a friend in high school who was a huge activist, and she would literally start shit with everyone and post the videos on her fb all the time and the principle of PETA (not her behaviour) honestly just made me want to eat a big juicy burger in front of her in retaliation, because it's not like I was getting nice vibes myself.

Why not just ignore it?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:47pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:
Nada.:
Why wear it for fashion when there is fake fur that is just like the real thing?
There is no reason, and there is no need to eat meat, when their are fake meats, that honestly tatse like the real thing.

I agree with you on the fur part, there is no reason to wear fur now.
But personally (and I am not a huge fan of meat, I eat just enough to get enough iron and protein) I would rather eat something that as an animal myself, I am supposed to eat, biologically, rather than something chemically manufactured.

And before you go all "omg they make cows eat cowmeal and pump them with hormones and all that" we usually buy our meat from smaller farms in the surrounding areas so that isn't a problem.

I suppose that is better. I will be the first to addmit that there is no way that I can think of other then brainwashing that will make everyone stop eating meat. But I think everyone should try it, when they have the ability. And I don't "OhmygodTHEYDOTHIS" I think however, thought there isn't one humane way to kill something, they could not killl animals in such a awful way. You know? At least show a little respect. Don't skin anything alive, or boil it in water while it's living to de-feather it. Show a little compassion at least, if you're going to eat meat.

Yes I completely agree with this, this is the reason I refuse to eat veal or lamb because to me this is too much. My veg friends tell me, "Meat is meat, eating an aged cow is just as bad as eating veal" but I disagree.

However, I don't think it is AT ALL realistic to think that somehow, someday, EVERYONE will stop eating meat. Here in North America, and any other developed countries, we have the luxury to pick and choose what we eat, we have the luxury of going to a superstore and buying the slightly more expensive fake meats etc. In most countries, vegetarianism is such a lucrative concept, why would one deny themselves the main source of protein, a nutrient essential to life? Because we've gotten so wealthy over here that we can.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:48pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:

Why not just ignore it?

I just don't think they should feel entitled to be so aggressive because "we" are the bad guys and "they" are the good guys
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:51pm
Nada.:

And that's not BS, because the brand I have DOES taste like real meat. So maybe you didn't have the right brand..

And just because I am curious, why did you switch back?
well i tried many brands and it was like eating cardboard. i switched back because my family wouldn't buy me food that i could eat so i was eating cereal all the time
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:51pm
Desmond Hume:
LLOOOOLLLLLLL
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:52pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:

Why not just ignore it?
why can't peta ignore the people who choose to eat meat?
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:54pm
OH AND P.S
THEY HAVE INFACT BRAINWASHED THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
JakubHogarddd:
Desmond Hume:
LLOOOOLLLLLLL

In spite of all this we WERE pretty good friends, so every time she started at me about inhumane slaughterhouses I would start up about my dream burger.

Cause like, she'd told me enough, I KNOW about the treatment. Obviously It just hadn't affected me to such a point that I changed, and thats what people have to accept.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
Yeah, I mean, as much as I would LOVE for no one to eat it. I have to be realistic. I know it wont happen.

I just would prefer changes to make it, well, better. Though, it's still killing something, and I just don't support that. But, how can I bash someone for who they are? I don't want them to do that to me. I will not stand for things that don't have to be done, wearing fur, animal testing, ect. And I think that is really where I am hand in hand with PETA.

I think that everyone should give veg'an a try. See how it goes, and then decied. If you try, how can we be mad?

And I agree, aged isn't as bad. Yes, it is STILL meat. But that cow is put through the same crulelity. Veg'ans need to learn to except the little good people do, like eating aged meat. It's better then the alt. isn't it? So they should take what they can get, and not complain. And sure, support what you believe to the end. But don't push.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:55pm
this is what usually happens when people see petas vids

"OMGZZ LYK IM NVR EATIN MEEET EVR AGAN!!!!"
one day later ....
"YOU GURL LETZ GO TO MCDONALDS!!!!"
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:56pm
JakubHogarddd:
OH AND P.S

You're just as bad as you say PETA is.
Here you are, telling me I am brainwashed. But can you please elaborate? How so?
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 09:58pm
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
OH AND P.S

Here you are, telling me I am brainwashed. But can you please elaborate? How so?
so you're admitting that peta is obnoxious ?
cause that's my point
see how fucking annoying it is and unnecessary
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 4th, 2011 at 10:03pm
I think if you wanna be all 'don't eat animals cause they have rights,' you should be forced to raise those animals yourself. This will make you hate them, and become completely cool with eating them. This is why I believe chickens are evil, and will always eat them.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 10:03pm
JakubHogarddd:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
OH AND P.S

cause that's my point

Please re-read what I said, and they reply.
Thank you.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
Nada.:
JakubHogarddd:
OH AND P.S

cause that's my point

Please re-read what I said, and they reply.
Thank you.
lawl my mistake sorry i get bored of all the bullshit you say
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 4th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Dear PETA militant:
Remember when you had that obnoxious signature telling people that eating meat is wrong? Well, haven't you learned anything from the incident at the Vegetarianism thread in this very section of this one board?
Because it only helped you cement your position as a closed-minded person.
Now you're defending PETA as if it was the right thing to do. You made a good job presenting your points but we still think PETA is wrong by shoving it down our throats with cheap shock value.
Keep in mind that you're not wrong but are just making an ass out of yourself.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 10:06pm
the point is peta is fucking obnoxious as hell
but animal cruelty sucks
case closed!
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 4th, 2011 at 10:23pm
Chile D. Guy:
Dear PETA militant:
Remember when you had that obnoxious signature telling people that eating meat is wrong? Well, haven't you learned anything from the incident at the Vegetarianism thread in this very section of this one board?
Because it only helped you cement your position as a closed-minded person.
Now you're defending PETA as if it was the right thing to do. You made a good job presenting your points but we still think PETA is wrong by shoving it down our throats with cheap shock value.
Keep in mind that you're not wrong but are just making an ass out of yourself.

lol, alright. See, you can't grasp the whole "Ignore what you don't like" concept. You're more closed minded then most. Like seriously, you bash PETA and then sit there and do everything you say you hate about them. That for sure makes you better.

And there is no wrong in defending what you believe in. People like you. Well, I really just take what you say with a grain of salt.
Register