AuthorMessage
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 03:43pm
Nada.:
Okay,
So after reading that.
There is no way that you can say that is done.
I mean, for real.

Honestly.
How is slitting the throat of a living animal humane as possible, and cause as little pain as they can?

And how is skinng something while it's still alive doing so?
Where do you keep getting this live skinning nonsense from?

Did you even read the legislations properly? By LAW, the animals have to be stunned before they're bled out.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 03:50pm
They really do. It's not like I made that up.

And, that make's it better?
For real?

See, that's why I think PETA is doing good.
Okay, eat your meat.

But there is no need to kill them in the mannor they are killed in.

Stunned before they bleed out, or not.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 03:56pm
If they are STUNNED, they are rendered INSTANTLY NUMB and UNAWARE of the killing process. And the point in those LAWS is that they are under supervision from VETS and WELFARE ORGANISATIONS to make sure they're adhered to.

They are NOT skinned alive, where's your source for that? Are you thinking of the illegal fur trade, which has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the strictly controlled meat industry.

Sort yourself out. (I helpfully highlighted some key points in there, as you're clearly struggling with these basic concepts on your own)
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 04:02pm
Nada.:
But there is no need to kill them in the mannor they are killed in.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST.
You don't seem to be satisfied with the method approved by veterinarians and animal welfare groups across several continents.

Like it or not, they need to be killed. You clearly have something better in mind? Something that no one else has though of yet??
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 04:06pm
Uhm, okay.
And, what makes it right to break birds necks,
And smash animals heads with cinder blocks,
And to kill piglets?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 04:08pm
Nada.:
Uhm, okay.
And, what makes it right to break birds necks,
And smash animals heads with cinder blocks,
And to kill piglets?

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT???
Is that what is up for discussion?
Is that relevant to what EITHER of us just posted???
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 04:09pm
she's now talking about the stupid video that is on petas website i believe
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 04:10pm
Jeez you're stupid...
Breaking a bird's neck kills it instantly.
Wtf? Where is your source for that?
Piglets aren't killed for meat, have you seen the size of them?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:27pm
Do you realize that stunning doesn't always work?
It is a only sometimes kind of thing?

And that they kill runt piglets, and sick ones it what I am getting at.
When they breed them for food.
I am asking if you think that is okay.

You know, let me just...hang on.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:37pm
http://www.meat.org/

Yes. There are regulations.
Yes, they're followed up on.
Does that mean no one out there breaks these rules?
No one get's caught?
You know it's true.
You know that people break them, and get away with it.
And, you know that everytime something get's stunned, doesn't 100% mean a thing.

I doubt that any animal screams while it's throat is cut, because it's been stunned numb, and doesn't feel a thing.

Say I am stupid all you want.
But animals aren't treated kindly when being slaughtered regulations or not.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:41pm
omg rules are broken for EVERYTHING in life. they are made to be followed, but of course some people are not going to follow them. you can tell them that it's wrong all you want, but the people are still going to do it. just like people are going to kill other people. it's against the law, but it's still going to happen. i don't see the point in this argument anymore. it's the same thing back and forth.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 05:42pm
You're talking about a minority of cases here. If most of the farms/abattoirs/transporters involved in the meat industry broke the rules there'd be an uproar. No system is perfect, but you're acting as if the whole of the meat industry is based on mass cruelty, which simply is not true.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:50pm
My point here, is that there still IS that person that works here or there that gets away with it.

And even if we aren't talking about people. The animals still suffer. Yes?
Stunned or not.
I guess if you feel better because some animal got stunned, which I am sureeee felt just dandy. And then had it's throat slit. And probably felt it, because it did scream. It's whatever.

I just don't see how you can act like I am talking nonsense because I am stating facts. YES facts. So don't act like I am stupid.

Eat your burger.
I don't care.
But don't act like they treated the animal right, and that they animal felt nothing because they stunned it.
Because that's redic.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:51pm
-____-
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 05:58pm
You can't base an intelligent debate on the fact that there's a very small, unstandardized minority that treats animals exceptionally badly. If those were grounds for a debate, you could rip apart ANY issue! NO system is perfect, OBVIOUSLY there are going to be cheaters. But generally, we're talking about, you know, the MAJORITY of cases.

"Animals are getting stunned, and having their throat slit" and you say you are just stating facts. Yes OBVIOUSLY those are facts but you're refusing to acknowledge the context in which they were given.

OUR point is that essentially meat NEEDS to be processed, whether you like it or not, because not everyone is a vegetarian. And since it needs to be so, the animals are dealt with in a humane way. The world is not run by a bunch of barbarians, as you are presenting it!
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 05:58pm
Oh just shut up you complete tool. Your only 'evidence' for your statements are bits of biased propaganda. I have said countless times that I am a vet student, I know the ins and outs of the physiological pain mechanisms of animals as well as the processes involved in the meat industry and how these are adjusted to meet the animal's best welfare from farm to slaughter. I never claimed that slaughter is perfect and painless, but I gave you plenty of information on how suffering is actively minimised as much as possible. You just ignore this all to preserve your own twisted view of the industry as some barbaric house of torture. You're refusing to listen to anything sensible being said by anyone, so I'm not even going to bother with you any more. Bottom line- meat is good for you, the human body is designed to have both meat and vegetables in order to naturally function correctly, so people absolutely should continue to eat it without shame if they wish, and the modern meat industry is under tight control when it comes to animal welfare.

Get yourself to fuck.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 06:12pm
Raina Lupa:
Oh just shut up you complete tool. Your only 'evidence' for your statements are bits of biased propaganda. I have said countless times that I am a vet student, I know the ins and outs of the physiological pain mechanisms of animals as well as the processes involved in the meat industry and how these are adjusted to meet the animal's best welfare from farm to slaughter. I never claimed that slaughter is perfect and painless, but I gave you plenty of information on how suffering is actively minimised as much as possible. You just ignore this all to preserve your own twisted view of the industry as some barbaric house of torture. You're refusing to listen to anything sensible being said by anyone, so I'm not even going to bother with you any more. Bottom line- meat is good for you, the human body is designed to have both meat and vegetables in order to naturally function correctly, so people absolutely should continue to eat it without shame if they wish, and the modern meat industry is under tight control when it comes to animal welfare.

Get yourself to fuck.

lmao.
For real?
Okay.
Well, just because you're a vet student doesn't mean you know everything there is to know. My cousin Jill is a vet. Woohoo.

Point I am making is that it happens.
You ignore it.
Pretend it doesn't.
Take pride in the fact that they are stunned and humanely killed.
K.
Do that.

I never said that it's a barbaric.
But whatever.
You refuse to take what I say.
You just HAVE to be right.
And act like what I say honestly could never count.
Not a high minority.
Bull.

PETA isn't some worthless org.
And go ahead and say my little piece of propoganda has brainwashed me.
But it's not only PETA who has brought that out.
And either way, it's not propoganda really, because it's still the truth.
Take away PETA, and all the stuff that they say in that video, we still have the animal being killed, and they are still screaming.
And there are STILL people all over that are breaking the rules.
And animals that are still suffering.

So call me ANY and EVERY name you want.
And pretend that I am not reading what you're saying.
But either way, I have valid points.
And am listening to what you say.
But all you're saying is that some animal was stunned and that made it better.
And that's only true for the few that it actually works for.

Maybe if you weren't so busy, at the age of 22, calling a 16 year old a buch of profane names.
And acctually listening and considering what I say,
Not just saying "But they are stunned" "There are regulations" "They get looked into"
You get it.

I don't expaect you or anyone else to stop eating meat.
I would hope you would try it.
But I am not shoving it down your throat.
Yes humans need PROTIEN,
Not MEAT.

And even though I watched some "piece of propoganda" doesn't mean that I took and believed it all with my heart and soul.
I still look things up.
I look at other org. like PETA.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 06:16pm
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 10:20pm
Great Movie?
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
January 16th, 2011 at 11:06am
Nada,
We all know that you're like a 'super vegetarian' or something but it's views like yours which cause most people to think ill of all Vegetarians & Vegans. Yes there is animal cruelty in the meat industry, no-one is denying that, but it's not every single factory! You're extremist opinions and statments seem to be based on spin doctor stuff, they bare little to no meaning to the truth. As a Vegan some things about meat & the processing behind it does gross me out, but I don't feel the need to ram my 'animal right' theorys down the throats of anyone who has an alternative view point.
Let it be, everyone is different, if you are going to argue then take facts & figures from reliable non-bias websites, don't turn to insulting people who have a right to do / say whatever they please.

As I think I mentioned at the start of this thread I am a member of PETA, and even I don't believe or agree with some of the stuff that's on that website. I have a brain in my head and can think for myself and use my own 'moral code'.

Say what you want but for the sake of all our sanity, don't turn to insulting just because you get backed into a corner.

[BTW guys; 'Silence of the Lambs' = one of the greatest films ever made].

ENJOY!
Register