Mind the gap..

AuthorMessage
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 27th, 2005 at 07:50am
Lunchbox:
PinkCandyxxx:
Age Gaps shouldn't really matter unless its like an 73 year old dating a 13 year old.

I agree.

third that
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2005 at 07:52am
i'm so glad this isn't a topic ont he london underground.
well i'm 17 and my boyfriend is 22, in fairness it's only 4 1/2 years, my parents didn't complain because there a 4 year age gap between them and they were my age when they met.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 08:56am
if there's any gap, it's best the woman is older, guys are untrustworthy
ilovetoesocks
Jackass
ilovetoesocks
May 27th, 2005 at 12:14pm
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd):
Just wondering what people felt about age gaps in relationships. I'm 15, my boyfriend is 17. My mam's fine with it, but my dad has this big issue with it and has told me I can't see him again. However, my dad's never even met him or anything therefore doesn't even know what he's talking about!

Anyhoo, I'm still with him and my mam knows, and won't tell my dad- so I was wondering other people's views on this and other age gap relationships...

personally, i think theres a limit for age gaps in relationships. i would say anything above 10 years is going a bit far, but at the same time it depends on the maturity of the couple and what their ages are. for example, a 12 year old girl dating a 17 year old boy, in my opinion, is rather sick. however, a 32 year old women dating a 37 year old man doesn't really show such signs of a huge age gap, because they are both adults and can take control of their own decisions.

but, generally, i think age gaps have a limit, and it depends on the age of the couple and their maturity.

good subject title Laughing
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:31pm
I don't care about age gaps, if they like each other fair enough.
But if one person is, like.. 20 odd years old, and the other person is 15, that's kind of paedophillic (sp, I can NEVER spell that word). But who am I to say, I've never felt anything for anyone who's at least a year older than me so I don't really know.. but my grandparents had 10 years apart..
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 27th, 2005 at 12:53pm
I think it doesn't matter at all. And it's stupid that some ppl think that the guy can be older than the woman, but the woman could never be older...Like to some ppl Ashton Kutcher's (orwhateverhisnameis) and Demi Moore's relationship seems to be a problem, because Demi is way older than Ashton. Does it really matter? it's about the person, not about age or gender.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
May 27th, 2005 at 01:31pm
well, there's a slight age gap between adrienne and billie joe. it doesn't matter as much now, but maybe it might have done when they first met? i'm not really sure of the difference
Fall Together
Fall Together
May 27th, 2005 at 01:32pm
I don't think it matters, as long as they are in love...
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
May 27th, 2005 at 01:33pm
the gap between my mom and dad is 12, but they didn't mind. relax they met eacother when they were in theyr 20 's, my dad was a litlle over 30 and mu mom was over 2o i think, i don't ming age gaps but if u'r 24 and dating a 14 year old girl, then thats too much. cause he could pressure her to do sexual things. but everyones not like that Wink
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 27th, 2005 at 01:43pm
He:
I don't think it matters, as long as they are in love...
Yep. All you need is love Very Happy
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 27th, 2005 at 09:27pm
my friend is 14 and shes dating a 20 year old. that isn't right and i don't think its legal. but say he was 30 and she was 24 i don't think that would be wrong.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 27th, 2005 at 09:32pm
Fuck_America:
my friend is 14 and shes dating a 20 year old. that isn't right and i don't think its legal. but say he was 30 and she was 24 i don't think that would be wrong.

thats not legal....he could be put in jail for that
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 27th, 2005 at 10:20pm
I think that 9 years is the most, but that's when you're an adult. When you're a teenager/child 2 years is fine.
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
Jackass
May 28th, 2005 at 06:11am
I wish more people would think that. My ex was all like "y'know, when he has sex with you I'm going straight to the pol" who said I was going to have sex with him ffs?! ARGH!
jimmydied2day
Idiot
jimmydied2day
May 28th, 2005 at 07:05am
that is stupid what your ex says, who's he to mess in your relationship!
and as long as ur 16 its perfectly legal!

i think it depends on the person for an age gap! and alos how old you are coz when you're an adult it doesnt matter really!
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 07:46am
Just wondering what people felt about age gaps in relationships. I'm 15, my boyfriend is 17. My mam's fine with it, but my dad has this big issue with it and has told me I can't see him again. However, my dad's never even met him or anything therefore doesn't even know what he's talking about!

Anyhoo, I'm still with him and my mam knows, and won't tell my dad- so I was wondering other people's views on this and other age gap relationships...

Ooh, this is a goody for me. I am 23 and my boyfriend is 36. We got together when I was 19 and he was 32. Some people thought it was incredibly weird (and sick) and people accused him of cradle-robbing and me of grave-robbing! It's a 13-year age gap, and yeah, sometimes it shows. He's actually closer in age to my mum than he is to me. But in a way it's good. I've always been pretty mature, he's always been pretty immature. We've been together four years, lived together for three, and I'm pretty sure we'll be together for a long time (I'm always saying I'll get rid of him eventually and stick him in an old-folks home, then get a toyboy!). Strangely, the people who never had a problem with it were my family. My mum loves him to bits and she always said she knew I would be with an older guy, my sister (who doesn't like many men) calls him her big brother-in-law, my brothers think he's the man. I lurve him as well, you see. He's been there through some bloody tough times in my life and I know I can trust him and he will care about me no matter what. That's really all you need in a relationship.
So anyway, I have no problem with age gaps, whether the woman or the man is older. You don't want to take it too far though (like Anna Nicole Smith and that 90-year-old dude she married), but in all honesty, if you care about each other, what's the problem?
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 07:51am
my friend and her boyfriend have three years....
skanking Brit
skanking Brit
May 28th, 2005 at 08:58am
I think that it depends on how big the age gap is. 15 and 17 isn't bad at all. 14 and 18 is.
Absolutely Nothing
Absolutely Nothing
May 28th, 2005 at 10:39am
my sister's 18 and she's going out with a 26 year old (the singer/guitarist of the band Toothpick)
Jackass
May 28th, 2005 at 10:49am
Astra Slappy:

Ooh, this is a goody for me. I am 23 and my boyfriend is 36. We got together when I was 19 and he was 32. Some people thought it was incredibly weird (and sick) and people accused him of cradle-robbing and me of grave-robbing! It's a 13-year age gap, and yeah, sometimes it shows. He's actually closer in age to my mum than he is to me. But in a way it's good. I've always been pretty mature, he's always been pretty immature. We've been together four years, lived together for three, and I'm pretty sure we'll be together for a long time (I'm always saying I'll get rid of him eventually and stick him in an old-folks home, then get a toyboy!). Strangely, the people who never had a problem with it were my family. My mum loves him to bits and she always said she knew I would be with an older guy, my sister (who doesn't like many men) calls him her big brother-in-law, my brothers think he's the man. I lurve him as well, you see. He's been there through some bloody tough times in my life and I know I can trust him and he will care about me no matter what. That's really all you need in a relationship.
So anyway, I have no problem with age gaps, whether the woman or the man is older. You don't want to take it too far though (like Anna Nicole Smith and that 90-year-old dude she married), but in all honesty, if you care about each other, what's the problem?

That was a bit of a read for someone as tired as me, lol, but I really get all that. I'm really happy you're with someone who looks after you, I feel like that with Gerad. xx
Register