Cloning

AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 9th, 2006 at 12:26pm
Conceivably, doctors could soon clone a kidney and transplant it, rather than handing around used ones. I think that's neat. Go Cloning! It'll make life more interesting. Just don't go overboard.

For the record, this is not playing God. I don't buy that in the least.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 9th, 2006 at 01:07pm
dirtyhippie:
Conceivably, doctors could soon clone a kidney and transplant it, rather than handing around used ones. I think that's neat. Go Cloning! It'll make life more interesting. Just don't go overboard.

I read somewhere about it being possible to clone cattle DNA to produce synthetic meat.
I actually think thats a neat idea, too. Dno
I mean, call me weird, but that way we don't need to kill animals as much, or spend as much time and land on animals when we can produce a clone of the real thing. Although that could be more costly, I dunno.
I haven't really researced it.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 9th, 2006 at 02:10pm
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

I read somewhere about it being possible to clone cattle DNA to produce synthetic meat.
I mean, call me weird, but that way we don't need to kill animals as much, or spend as much time and land on animals when we can produce a clone of the real thing. Although that could be more costly, I dunno.
We'd certainly need to make sure the cattle had no mutations or anything...that would get bad...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 9th, 2006 at 02:16pm
dirtyhippie:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

We'd certainly need to make sure the cattle had no mutations or anything...that would get bad...

Same goes for the Kidneys Think
It would suck if you got implnated with a defective one...
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 9th, 2006 at 02:20pm
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

Same goes for the Kidneys Think
It would suck if you got implnated with a defective one...
It'd be like getting a tumor implanted or something. Eww. So basically, while we're creating shit, we need to actually be careful and use quality control. Gasp!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 13th, 2007 at 12:27pm
Technically, human cloning is already in exsistance. And not in laboratories. That's what identical twins are, clones. It's human reproduction without intercourse. It's beautiful.
Lyn-Z
Geek
Lyn-Z
January 15th, 2007 at 10:10pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with cloning as long as it is done with permission. Not like its harmful. And it could help a lot of things.
Register