Sugarcult

AuthorMessage
blackcat13
Geek
blackcat13
December 21st, 2005 at 04:12pm
I like Sugar Cult, went 2 them on their last U.K tour n they were really good live. I even got 2 meet them after it which was groovy Very Happy
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 21st, 2005 at 04:42pm
blackcat13:
I like Sugar Cult, went 2 them on their last U.K tour n they were really good live. I even got 2 meet them after it which was groovy Very Happy
And you still don't know that their name is spelled Sugarcult without a fucking space -_-

Thank you Amy =) <33

Look what I found:
The Back To The Disaster set list.
01: Cd:
02: Stuck In America
03: She's The Blade
04: Crying
05: Memory
06: Champange
07: You're The One
08: What You Say
09: Pretty Girl
10: Worst December
11: Dvd:
12: Documentary
13: Memory(video)
14: She's The Blade(video)
15: Memory(animated Video)
16: Special "making Of She's The Blade
17: Behind The Scenes
18: Memory(live)
19: Bouncing Off The Walls(live)
20: Champagne(live)
21: Worst December(live)
22: You're The One(live)
23: What You Say(live)
24: Crying(live)
25: Photo Gallery

Makes me want it even more.

---------~Eleven~---------- xD

Well. I think that we have every song but Yesterday (insane) and Super Hyperspastic, 'cause I suppose that 'We come crashing down' is just another earlier version of 'Crashing down'. I want to hear the old versions though ;_;
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
December 21st, 2005 at 05:44pm
=O damn stupid slow postal services and damn christmas for making them even slower Mad
yayness, so groovy Cool But yeah, the songs that repeat will be different versions, I want to hear them too =(
Oh, and the Jewel Case PTAPL thing you got confused over, a Jewel Case is basically just a blank CD case because whoever has it broke the original one. So yeah
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 21st, 2005 at 05:57pm
PunkPixie:
=O damn stupid slow postal services and damn christmas for making them even slower Mad
yayness, so groovy Cool But yeah, the songs that repeat will be different versions, I want to hear them too =(
Oh, and the Jewel Case PTAPL thing you got confused over, a Jewel Case is basically just a blank CD case because whoever has it broke the original one. So yeah
Oh... I like wanted it for a few hours.

I went through the website (for real) and I found some interesting stuff.

"WRAP ME UP IN PLASTIC
(compilation of EP's from 2000)
Released May 2002 in the U.S. (Cooler Music). Features 13 tracks. Produced by Thom Flowers, Rick Parker, Ben Davis and Sugarcult. Not available in stores, website only."

That must have been long ago ;;;_;;;

"RELATED SIDENOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:

" Sugarcult took their name from a group of lesbians that lived next door to singer Tim Pagnotta that called themselves "The Sugarcult."
" Within the past three years, Sugarcult has played more than 400 shows in over 40 states and 4 continents.
" They've shared the stage with Rancid, Blink 182, The Strokes, Good Charlotte, The Hives, The Vines, Unwritten Law, Reel Big Fish, Sum 41, Less Than Jake, Jimmy Eat World, The Ataris, the Used among others.
" They've sold nearly 500,000 copies of "Start Static" worldwide.
" They've blown out six tires on their RV and four tires on their trailer, they've been side-swiped by a drunk-drag racing teenager, and they've slept in many of the nation's seediest motels.
" They've been hit by bottles (and received stitches).
" They've jumped off drum risers (and received knee surgery).
" They've caused structural damage to historic landmarks (the floor of the legendary Detroit venue St. Andrews Hall collapsed during Sugarcult's raucous set).
" They've been arrested (for surfing on top of their RV bus as it cruised through New York's Times Square).
" Marko played in the punk bands The Ataris & Swingin' Utters before joining Sugarcult.
" Tim Pagnotta lived in 13 different homes and went to 9 different schools before graduating high school.
" Their single "Stuck in America" reached #38 on the Modern Rock Chart.
" Their single "Bouncing Off the Walls" reached #34 on the Modern Rock Chart.
" "Bouncing Off the Walls" features Chris Shiflett, of the Foo Fighters on guitar.
" Their single "Pretty Girl (The Way)" reached #28 on the Modern Rock Chart.
" Their video for "Pretty Girl" was shot on the Carribean island of Trinidad.
" Their video for "Bouncing Off the Walls" features a cameo from Tara Reid.
" They've been covered in Rolling Stone, Billboard, LA Times, New York Post, Kerrang, Alternative Press, etc.
" And on MTV, CNN, M2, Fuse, Much Music, Carson Daly Show, Late Show with Craig Kilborn, etc.
" And along the way Sugarcult have become one of the biggest underground success stories of the past year.
" On April 13th, Sugarcult will return with their new album Palm Trees & Power Lines."

Lmfao Cool

" MID OCTOBER/WORDS FROM MARKO...10/13/05 10/13/05

Girls, Girls, Girls....and dudes,
Have you heard the song "Dead Living" or "Start a Riot"?
Or how about the one unofficially called "Shakin'" or the one that goes
din-duh-duh-di-di-duh-din-duh-duh-din-di? No. Then you probably haven't been sneaking around our rehearsal studio lately with your ears to the door. We're hard at work getting a whole new litter of future Sugarcult classics together for album #3; it looks like we're going to get to work with the legendary and always well-dressed producer Mark Trombino. Mark used to play drums in highly influential early 90's band Drive Like Jehu; he's also produced records you might know by Jimmy Eat World, Blink182, Rock Kills Kid, Finch, etc. We've been
friends with him for a few years, he mixed a few songs off our last record and recorded "Bouncing Off the Walls" off our first record; it's been a long time coming so we're excited to get into it with him. We want this record to take us places musically that we haven't gone before, we are ready to pour our hearts and souls into it and make it the best Sugarcult record ever, which is also why we are taking our time. The past few months have been the longest 'break" in the history of our band, we have been a band for over 6 years and have been going pretty much non-stop since Start Static came out over 4 years ago, so it's a good thing for us to catch our breath and re-charge our rock n roll batteries. Anyway, we appreciate you all being patient, it will be worth the wait!! "

BIG WHAH!

=)
LordsOfDogTown<5
King For A Couple Of Days
LordsOfDogTown<5
December 21st, 2005 at 07:42pm
i was going to go to a concert of theirs at the House of Blues, but eh didn't work out.
The Staci
Jackass
The Staci
December 21st, 2005 at 10:03pm
I dearly love Sugarcult.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 22nd, 2005 at 04:31am
Fall Out Kid:
I dearly love Sugarcult.
You better.

And! Why not, Zoe?
LordsOfDogTown<5
LordsOfDogTown<5
December 22nd, 2005 at 02:12pm
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Fall Out Kid:
I dearly love Sugarcult.
You better.

And! Why not, Zoe?
idk.
their music is too pop for me.
that song Daddy's Little Defect pisses me off lol.
Amy.
Amy.
December 22nd, 2005 at 05:35pm
OMFG BACK TO THE DISASTER CAME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheer Cheer Cheer
Dance
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 23rd, 2005 at 05:47am
PunkPixie:
OMFG BACK TO THE DISASTER CAME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheer Cheer Cheer
Dance
Oh my, oh my, tell me everything Amy. Cool
Amy.
Amy.
December 23rd, 2005 at 01:55pm
Ben is in it!!! =OOOOO
But I've only managed to see half of the documentry thing so far, my mum stole it off me until I've tidied my room Mad
But what I've seen is really really gooooood Cool
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:33pm
OMFUG That's so cool. I miss Ben's mohawk ;_;
Amy.
Amy.
December 24th, 2005 at 06:49pm
me too ;;_;;
it looks really weird now, short and brown o_0
he isn't Ben without the awsome blonde mohawk Cool
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 25th, 2005 at 08:31am
PunkPixie:
me too ;;_;;
it looks really weird now, short and brown o_0
he isn't Ben without the awsome blonde mohawk Cool
o_0 I'ma order Back To The Disaster on Tuesday! =OO
Amy.
Amy.
December 25th, 2005 at 02:08pm
Up
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 27th, 2005 at 10:55am
AMY!

I found this thing: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CNDJG2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Can you see how it says Tim Pagnotta and Sugarcult there?
Amy.
Amy.
December 27th, 2005 at 10:59am
=O yay! New Take Action compilation ^_^ I have volume 4

but yeah, I think it was this year they did it, erm, I know they did it with Hawthore Heights. Gah, there's a bit more about it on the DVD
Hmm, I wonder what Tim's doing on his own Confused
*thinks for a bit*
aha, he must have done the message bit at the startI'm guessing
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
December 27th, 2005 at 11:00am
hi
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 27th, 2005 at 11:02am
PunkPixie:
=O yay! New Take Action compilation ^_^ I have volume 4

but yeah, I think it was this year they did it, erm, I know they did it with Hawthore Heights. Gah, there's a bit more about it on the DVD
Hmm, I wonder what Tim's doing on his own Confused
*thinks for a bit*
aha, he must have done the message bit at the startI'm guessing
Look: A Back To The Disaster review:

Reviewer: Dusty Gates (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
Recently many bands have taken a part in releasing either a live album, or a DVD accompanied with a collection of live tracks. Granted, while this is nothing new, there have been quite a few bands to have done this as of late; Green Day, Maroon 5, Simple Plan, even Slipknot. The latest of these is Sugarcult's documentary, Back to the Disaster (the name of which, is taken from a lyric from their 2004 single, "Memory"Wink.
The package includes a DVD with the documentary on it, some music videos, a photo gallery, live performances, the stuff typically found on a release such as this. The bonus audio disc, "Live at the Starland Ballroom" is just what it sounds like, a handful of songs taken from a show performed at the Starland Ballroom in New Jersey.

The documentary itself doesn't really bring much new to the table. The band members are introduced to the viewer, you get to see what their personalities are all like (the jokester, the musically intelligent, the ladies man, the natural promoter, and so forth), what they think of being on the road, going on tour with a band they grew up listening to (in this case, Green Day), the usual stuff you hear bands talk about in their documentaries about themselves. There's even interviews with original drummer, Ben Davis and how he feels about the band.

However, just because the documentary doesn't bring anything new to the table doesn't mean it's not entertaining to watch. I think everyone would be surprised to discover what drummer Kenny Livingston keeps under his pillow in the tour bus, feel sympathy for vocalist/guitarist Tim Pagnotta when his "disaster" (as the DVD chapter calls it) forced the band into playing only acoustic sets, even hope that guitarist Marko72 would make it back to America in time to see his son be born.

In addition to the documentary, the DVD also boasts music videos for Memory (both the original and the animated) and She's the Blade (as well as a behind-the-scenes look). There are live performances of the band on the Warped Tour, as well as some from their show at the Starland Ballroom, all of which can also be found on the bonus disc sans the visual. The photo gallery is a nice plus, if you're into looking at pictures of the band.

The "Live at the Starland Ballroom" disc is a very nice addition to the DVD. While Sugarcult's live performance has a bit of a different sound to it (the chorus to "Memory" in particular), they don't get sloppy, which is always a good sign. Of notable mention, seconds into the first track (the Start Static hit, "Stuck in America"Wink, Tim shouts at the crowd in a very Billie Joe-esque manner, showing even more of Green Day's influence on the band, as mentioned in the documentary (make that three for the number of times Green Day has been mentioned in some way or another in thie review).
My only real complaint with the disc is that it's a bit too short (only 30 minutes in length) and you'd wonder why they just didn't put their entire performance on it, seeing as how there's definitely room for it.

Overall, while Back to the Disaster doesn't bring anything new to the world of bands releasing documentaries about themselves, it does give fans of Sugarcult some insight on the band members, as well as something new to play over and over until the new album comes out (hopefully sometime in 2006).

I love that review, -excited, will purcase-.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 27th, 2005 at 11:02am
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
hi
Hi.
Register