The great debate - life

AuthorMessage
smilin rockin harry girl
Geek
smilin rockin harry girl
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:02pm
Do you think that if the whole world was clear of horrible people and poverty and aguments and minor fall outs and people that you were jealous of then wouldthe world be better or would it actually be boring? Is that part of life learning to struggle through and come out stronger than before?

Whaddya think?
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:03pm
Its impossible so I wouldnt bother thinking about it.
smilin rockin harry girl
Geek
smilin rockin harry girl
ok then Shocked
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
That sounds like ten different things 0_0.
I'll move this to Specific Discussion,
So, The great NeoSteph will know what to do with it.
smilin rockin harry girl
Geek
smilin rockin harry girl
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:05pm
k thanks
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:11pm
nope, people will always want to be different in American culture....different cultures my friend
the Japanese have a saying, "the nail that sticks out will be hammered back in"
it means they all want to fit in, here we all want to stick out
and even if there was nothing to be excited about we'd make something up

like how people insist on saying all government is corrupt just to protest
smilin rockin harry girl
Geek
smilin rockin harry girl
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:13pm
good words
good point
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 31st, 2005 at 03:39pm
okay that was kinda confusing ....but I understand I agree w/ spill_no_sick
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 31st, 2005 at 03:44pm
I think we should have to deal with all of lifes difficulties. It helps our spirit to learn.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
October 31st, 2005 at 04:11pm
For one, it's completely impossible. Even if it was possible, I wouldn't want it to happen...if the world was completely free of adversity, we wouldn't know how to deal with it if it actually arose. The owlrd is forever changing--just because you "fix" it now doesn't mean it'll stay that way tomorrow.
Preter
Idiot
Preter
November 1st, 2005 at 12:22pm
smilin rockin harry girl:
Do you think that if the whole world was clear of horrible people and poverty and aguments and minor fall outs and people that you were jealous of then wouldthe world be better or would it actually be boring? Is that part of life learning to struggle through and come out stronger than before?

Whaddya think?

I think that if you got some hobbys you wouldn't bore the hell out of me with shitty ass topics
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 1st, 2005 at 12:49pm
Preter:

Whaddya think?

I think that if you got some hobbys you wouldn't bore the hell out of me with shitty ass topics

I think you should shut up.
Preter
Idiot
Preter
November 1st, 2005 at 01:12pm
† Nine_Inch_Nails †:
Preter:

Whaddya think?

I think you should stop thinking, before you get confused, little bitch
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 1st, 2005 at 01:41pm
Preter:
† Nine_Inch_Nails †:
Preter:

Whaddya think?

I think you should stop thinking, before you get confused, little bitch

Why would I get confused...because I'm thinking. Confused
You suck. Wink
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
November 1st, 2005 at 01:49pm
uh...okay
well, if i understood you right...your saying the world would be a much better place without 'horrible people/poverty/arguments'
i dissagree; if everything in life was perfect then people wouldn't know the difference between good and bad - without poverty we wouldn't realise how fortunate we are and would just find something more rediculous to whine about
you have to admit people love to pity themselves
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
November 1st, 2005 at 02:34pm
† Nine_Inch_Nails †:
You suck. Wink
Me agree.

Well, you have some good points here. I don't think it would be good to remove all the bad things in the world, but maybe.. some of it?
Kitti
Kitti
November 1st, 2005 at 03:31pm
Preter:

Whaddya think?

If you're bored with our debates, you can either start new topics or leave. There really isn't a need to insult us here.
While we're at it-- learn to spell. There's a difference between the simple typo and spelling "hobbies" with a "y."
Finally: the world is bigger than you. We don't make topics for you and we don't discuss them for your amusment.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
August 7th, 2006 at 10:54pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I think we should have to deal with all of lifes difficulties. It helps our spirit to learn.

Agreed. If there were none of that, life would be too easy, and we couldn't grow stronger from our experiences.
suzie_k
suzie_k
August 8th, 2006 at 09:42am
To quote Chuck Palahniuk
"People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown."
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
August 8th, 2006 at 11:46am
I know it will never happen, but it's a nice thought to think that those things didn't exist. I don't like to see poverty, violence, horrible people, etc. but life would be boring without some kind of problems. The rough times we go through help us grow and learn and make us stronger.
Register