strange facts

AuthorMessage
hate&war
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hate&war
April 21st, 2006 at 01:36am
White Riot:
whoa:
Johnny Green slammed a door and Mick's finger was in it. It could have permanetly damged his skills, but obviously it did not.

<<I got a new book. >>

AHHH! MY POOR JONESY!!!!!!!
(what book?)

lol

thatd be bad cause he was the lead guitarist
whoa
King For A Couple Of Days
whoa
April 21st, 2006 at 05:13pm
White Riot:
whoa:
Johnny Green slammed a door and Mick's finger was in it. It could have permanetly damged his skills, but obviously it did not.

<<I got a new book. >>

AHHH! MY POOR JONESY!!!!!!!
(what book?)
I know! It's A Riot of Our Own by Johnny Green. I've read up to chapter 6, but I'm saving the rest for on the plane. The illustrations are really funny too. I love it so far.
whoa
whoa
April 21st, 2006 at 07:08pm
White Riot:
Yup.
I like how they called Mick "Wack Attack". Oh,and "Jonesy".
My friend thought Whack Attack sounded like a game show and I told her it was his nickname and she replied, "Then he can be the host!"
White Riot
White Riot
April 21st, 2006 at 08:40pm
whoa:
I know! It's A Riot of Our Own by Johnny Green. I've read up to chapter 6, but I'm saving the rest for on the plane. The illustrations are really funny too. I love it so far.

Oh,I want that one! I went to Borders a month or so back,they had it but I didn't buy it. I looked through it though.
Then,2 days ago I went to the Library to see if they had it,they said it was in,but I couldn't find it,so I got that "Please Kill Me" book,something about the History of Punk. In the back of it, it had all the people mentioned in the book,and they got Paul and Mick mixed up,which made me angry.
They were like "Mick Jones-bassist from The Clash" "Paul Simonon-Leasd Guitarist of The Clash" and I'm like "NO!!!!!!"
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
April 21st, 2006 at 08:45pm
White Riot:
whoa:

Oh,I want that one! I went to Borders a month or so back,they had it but I didn't buy it. I looked through it though.
Then,2 days ago I went to the Library to see if they had it,they said it was in,but I couldn't find it,so I got that "Please Kill Me" book,something about the History of Punk. In the back of it, it had all the people mentioned in the book,and they got Paul and Mick mixed up,which made me angry.
They were like "Mick Jones-bassist from The Clash" "Paul Simonon-Leasd Guitarist of The Clash" and I'm like "NO!!!!!!"

i've read half of that one
White Riot
White Riot
April 21st, 2006 at 08:47pm
Which one?
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
April 21st, 2006 at 08:50pm
a riot of our own
whoa
whoa
April 22nd, 2006 at 12:43pm
I got a bio on the Ramones today and they mention the Clash in it. They even have one of their covers from Sniffin' Glue in there.

After the London Calling video where it was raining and whatnot, Johnny and Baker just threw all of the equipment in the Thames.
White Riot
White Riot
April 22nd, 2006 at 01:10pm
I've only read one Ramones book,it was one Dee Dee wrote.
Oh,and I heard about the Johnny Green incident before.
What a waste of money...
whoa
whoa
April 22nd, 2006 at 01:12pm
It probably wasn't all that usable afterwards anyway... I don't know..

I don't know who wrote the Ramones one I picked up today...I'll check eventually.
whoa
whoa
April 23rd, 2006 at 11:14am
Joe collected stamps as a child.

Twas Jim Bessman who wrote my book.
whoa
whoa
May 2nd, 2006 at 02:00pm
The Magnificent Seven, besides being a Clash song, is also a row of seven beautiful homes in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
White Riot
White Riot
May 2nd, 2006 at 09:20pm
Wow,haha that's odd.
Going back a bit, I almost bought A Riot of Our Own last week, but instead I bought a Clash photography book with pictures taken by umm Bob Gruen
whoa
whoa
May 3rd, 2006 at 08:02pm
!! I want that.

My dad wants to read PIAF. I told him he could.
White Riot
White Riot
May 3rd, 2006 at 08:08pm
Yes,its real cool, you get to see a picture of them eating, and Mick with his mum. Very Happy
whoa
whoa
May 3rd, 2006 at 08:16pm
Now you're just making me want it more. Are the captions sweet? I read that they wrote them. Well some of them.
White Riot
White Riot
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:06pm
Yeah,some of them are funny. There is one of Joe with his ghetto-blaster and it has a hat sitting on it,and Joe says "Our ghetto blasters were so cool,even they wore hats!"
and there is another picture of them backstage and Joe says "I know what Im thinking here-Im thinking "Where is my hat now that I really need it?"...or maybe not..."
Razz
whoa
whoa
May 5th, 2006 at 06:59pm
..........Joe was 5ft5? That must be wrong....He always looked taller.....
White Riot
White Riot
May 5th, 2006 at 08:28pm
I think he always looked on the short side. Hmm,he was 2 inches taller than me.
Mick was 5 ft. 8 inches
whoa
whoa
May 6th, 2006 at 01:06pm
That means that I'm an inch taller than Joe! I thought he looked short too...but not that short. It must have been his creepers that made him appear taller...
Register