Tokio Hotel

AuthorMessage
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 02:35am
I heard of them from other people on this site. If you think they're so ridiculous, find a new thread to post in.
Jenjenjen
Falling In Love With The Board
Jenjenjen
August 12th, 2007 at 05:25pm
Hm. I used to hate them. xD But now I find them slightly amusing.
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
August 15th, 2007 at 12:04pm
Tokyo Motel - Bill rockt das Hotelzimmer

parody on youtube
gotta love 'm
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
September 5th, 2007 at 06:40am
Ryan Ross.:

parody on youtube
gotta love 'm

Haha I don't even speak much German and I thought that was funny. Poor Bill gotted a papey-cut.
antic cafe
antic cafe
September 7th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Ryan Ross.:

parody on youtube
gotta love 'm
HAHA thats funny
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
September 26th, 2007 at 12:15am
Translation of a French article, thanks to someone at the TH Cult LJ Community!:

Tokio Hotel – “It’s in France that everything beganâ€

Uplifted by the spiralling success and international development of the group, notably in the United States, Bill, Tom, Gustav and Georg left France for a little while, but only to come back [T/N: loosely translated] better than ever! They will be on stage in Paris and Provence on the 10th and 29th of October.

You are back in France

All: And it is a pleasure to be here!

How did you spend your summer?

Bill: We spent a little more than three weeks in the US during July. It was primarily for a holiday, but we also worked a little.

Tom: On our return we restarted the promotion for our album, Zimmer 483, in Europe, most notably in Italy and Spain.

Gustav: The rest of the time we spent at home, with our families, around Madgeburg. We had not been there for a long time! We really needed a proper break and a chance to kick back/relax. This is because it’s been non-stop since the beginning of the year.

What did you do in the US?

Bill: First of all we visited New York as I’ve always dreamed of going there! It was, however, a real shock. America has nothing in common with Europe; everything is different – so large, so imposing! Thanks to television, I’d developed certain ideas about the US. But nothing that I’d imagined really resembled this country that we were in. For me, this journey/holiday was a real revelation.

Tom: Next we discovered the West Coast and LA; the famous ‘City of Angels’. Here we met the team who will be working on us – I should say, on Tokio Hotel – to bring us to the US.

So is this official – you’re going across the Atlantic?

Gustav: The negotiations with the ‘people in charge’ at the record label Interscope went really well. The machine is ready and primed. [laughter]

Did you meet other artists in LA?

All: Oh yes!

Georg: Tom has lots to say on the subject… [laughter]

Which star did you meet, Tom?

Tom: I met Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls in Interscope’s offices. She fell in love with me at first sight – it was the real deal. [laughs] Several hours later, our love culminated in a passionate evening together!

Bill: Tom exaggerates. [T/N: No? Really?] We did spend a memorable evening in LA with Nicole Scherzinger, on her birthday. Nicole’s a really lovely girl! When she heard we were in LA, she issued an invitation for us to spend the evening with her.

Georg: Whilst Tom devoured Nicole with his eyes, me, I spent time sympathising with the other girls in the Pussycat Dolls – it was a real pleasure [sighs]

In general, how did you find the Americans?

Georg: For the most part they weren’t bad – very welcoming.

Tom: To be perfectly honest, we far prefer the French girls; they are nicer, trendier and more sexy than the Americans. And that is no joke.

For your return to France, your October tour will be memorable [T/N: I think it means that the mere fact that TH are back in France is memorable, as a lot of international acts don’t return.]

Bill: That’s true; this tour in France is a real event in the life of the group ‘Tokio Hotel’, a real accomplishment. In some respects, it was in France that the international adventure of the group began. One year ago we sang for the first time in a room in Paris, in front of 700 people (the Trabendo concert on 28/09/06). In October more than 80,000 fans will come to cheer us on. It’s all simply unbelievable!

What surprises have you got in store for French audiences?

Tom: We have set aside the most amazing things in order for the restart of the Zimmer 483 tour to be spectacular. In order not to disappoint fans that have already seen us on stage, we would like to enrich the show – make it sublime. I hope that the new things we bring to the show will have the desired effect. But this we will not know until we are on stage…

Caption at the top of the page, next to Bill’s tattoo: But what does ‘Freiheit 89’, recently tattooed onto the inside of Bill’s left forearm mean? ‘Freedom 89’, in homage to one of their fundamental values and the twins’ birth year.

[Interview contd.] The rumours whisper of a spectacular surprise.

Bill: And they’re right. I’ve worked on it [the surprise] for many days. It is work towards a special present, destined for French fans only; a very exact song that I can play [T/N: the word ‘interpreter’ can mean ‘interpret’ but in music can also mean ‘play’ or ‘sing’. He might be saying, as I think he is, that he’s going to sing in French.] in your language. [winks]

Do you sometimes fear disappointing your fans?

Bill: Without the fans, we would be nothing; it is because of them that we exist. We always have this on our minds: this issue, this weighty responsibility. We must always show our fans that we are worthy of their attention and remain professionals and perfectionists on every occasion. I have sworn this, and sometimes I fear that we are not at our best and that we disappoint some fans. From now on we are going to be travelling more and we will not be as readily available as we once were.

Tom: The international projects for Tokio Hotel will not permit us to be in France as much as we would wish for. But we count on our fans’ understanding [of the situation]. In life, we are not always free to make our own choices, especially when it comes to work.

There are rumours that you are becoming divas. [T/N: lose translation, but I couldn’t resist putting ‘Bill’ and ‘diva’ in the same paragraph Smile ]

Georg: People always bitch/whisper about others and they never stop. Personally I don’t pay them [the rumours] any attention.

Bill: We work a lot and are always respectful of others. Sometimes, I admit, we’re in a good mood, sometimes not. But that doesn’t mean that we’re becoming divas.

Tom: Asking for a bit of quiet before going on stage, asking for milk and lots of sweets in our room – there you are; these are our only demands as ‘stars’.

What are your projects in the months ahead?

Gustav: The French tour runs through November, then we’ll do some promotion in Germany and a little throughout Europe. Next, it’ll be the beginning of 2008 and we’ll begin our march on the UK, US and Japan. In short, our diary is really packed!

Is a third album the next order of the day?

Bill: We are constantly writing new songs and tunes. This summer, Tom and I have been particularly productive. However, although we burn with impatience to show the public our new work, it is also too early to think about making a new album. Our time is taken up so much in the next few months, that we can’t spare the time to put the finishing touches on the in the studio.

Tom: Not a new album then, but a DVD called ‘Zimmer 483 Live – On European Tour’ might make fans happy/pacify them. The release is planned for November 5th in France.

What will there be in particular on this live DVD?

Bill: We have spent a lot of time in the studio with our team, thinking up the new sequences in this DVD. One can see the group in concert, of course, but also backstage. In fact, for the last few months we have had a semi-permanent film crew with us. We have sifted through hours of images to keep the best ones.

Tom: I’ve always found ‘bonus’ material on music DVDs to be really boring. Also, for a real film, I would like things to be funny and dynamic. The fans can follow us during a ‘real’ day.

Postcard from the New York trip (bottom of second scan)

Bill: Wahooooo was the first word I said upon arriving in Manhattan! The buildings are so huge; I couldn’t believe my eyes. I felt like a little child let loose in a toyshop. I was equally stunned by the animations in Times Square, the famous district of musical comedies. And, obviously, I adored the mythical 5th avenue and its innumerable shops.

Tom: It was an unbelievable pleasure to walk around the city. It is so diverse! From one road to another, you switch between very different ambiences. I was also bowled over by the view of Ground Zero; this huge, empty space in the heart of the city, created by the assassins of September 11th. When you are in that place, you really understand that the collapse of the twin towers has left an indelible mark.

(Under picture of Tom, second scan)

“French girls are sexier than American girls.â€

(Blurb next to Bill’s tattoo already translated – see above.)

(Blurb next to infamous pic of the twins and DJ)

On September 1st, the Kaulitz twins celebrated their coming-of-age in Hamburg, in a fitting style [T/N: the word also means ‘with dignity’, but I leave it up to you to decide how dignified celebrating your eighteenth birthday tends to be Very Happy ] Indochine, a bar refrigerated at minus 5 degrees, where they tasted the best vodka at ambient temperature. Bill and Tom vowed to sink a lot of alcohol that night!

/translation

I'm sorry if some parts aren't very good - my tenses usually give me a lot of bother. I really enjoy translating from French-English though, so if anyone ever needs anything like this doing then I'm more than happy (with some warning!) to do so
n j h
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
n j h

Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 05:44pm
Mein Lieblingst Rockgruppe =]

Or, y'know. My favorite band.
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 11th, 2008 at 07:44pm
Thank god someone else who actually likes them. The haters are so frustrating.
antic cafe
antic cafe
February 12th, 2008 at 09:46am
im seeing them the 3th april yeaah!
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 14th, 2008 at 05:23pm
That's awesome! I was going to go to Toronto and see them but then I wasn't allowed. They're coming back to Canada in May possibly!
droid.
droid.

Mibba
February 14th, 2008 at 05:27pm
They were here on the 6th! But I didn't have the chance to see them.

Ich Liebe Tokio Hotel Wink
miau
miau
February 25th, 2008 at 12:25pm
I love how they make people try to from German sentences and understand our language. Con
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 27th, 2008 at 08:50pm
Haha. I started learning German before I even listened to them.
miau
miau
February 28th, 2008 at 11:19am
I wasn't saying all of you started learning German because of them. But there was an article in a newspaper that said lots of kids started to get interest in the German language because they wanted to unterstand their lyrics. But actually, now that they sing in English as well this effect will probably decrease.
chump
Falling In Love With The Board
chump
February 29th, 2008 at 01:33pm
Nobodi:
I love how they make people try to from German sentences and understand our language. Con

people should better learn German from other songs
(oops, sorry. this is NOT a Tokio Hotel video... I repeat: this is NO Tokio Hotel video!! Laughing ):

Very Happy

"Und ich redete mir ein:
mit Liebe wird alles gut."
Sad
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 29th, 2008 at 11:17pm
Nobodi:
I wasn't saying all of you started learning German because of them. But there was an article in a newspaper that said lots of kids started to get interest in the German language because they wanted to unterstand their lyrics. But actually, now that they sing in English as well this effect will probably decrease.

Haha I know. But the reason I started listening to them was because I knew some German.
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
March 2nd, 2008 at 02:38am
Dehren McGhengland:
Never heard of them.

WHAT!!!!????

YOU NEVER HEARD OF THEM!!!!!?????
Shocked
Arcane-Inamorata