Cure for Cervical found...but not being distributed

AuthorMessage
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
November 4th, 2005 at 10:42pm
Well as you can tell by the title, Cervical Cancer now has a cure.

-Cervical cancer infects 10,000 women per year and on average it kills 3,600 on average each year.

The cure is being "put on hold" because conservatives have come out and protested it saying that:

-This drug prevents a certian type of STD as well as cures cervical cancer, they believe this information will make young women have unprotected/pre-merital sex.

Now, what are your thoughts on this? In my personal opinion just because I know this drug prevents an STD it won't make me go "Hot damn! Let me go find a man!" So stop worrying about that crap and worry about the 3,600 dieing every year.

So, what do you think?
laughingonlyme
Idiot
laughingonlyme
November 4th, 2005 at 11:25pm
I think it's a load of crap that they're not distributing it. I mean, they have found a way to CURE a certain type of CANCER! and they're worried about more people having pre-marital sex/unprotected sex? I don't think it's going to make much of a difference there, I mean, condoms prevent certain STD's and such, so why are THOSE out for public distribution? Isn't it kind of the same concept?

I think it's horrible that they're worried about that when they can cure a deadly form of cancer. I mean, yeah it is horrible to have unprotected sex if you're not married, there are a lot of things that can happen. (std's, unwanted pregnancy, ect) But I mean, they should be jumping at the chance to be able to help women with cancer.
well.durr__hXc™
King For A Couple Of Days
well.durr__hXc™
November 4th, 2005 at 11:51pm
What a bunch of bullshit.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
November 5th, 2005 at 02:22am
so they're just going to let thousands of women die, despite being able to prevent it?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 06:31am
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Where was it invented, if you know?
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 5th, 2005 at 10:51am
Jesus thats a load of shit! people are dieing and they're arent distributing CURE for a kind of CANCER!!! its not going to make a difference really!! sure it cures STD but wouldnt it be easier just to use a condom??!!! if the girl was responsible enough to have sex she should be responsible enough to know the easiest cure of a STD is preventment from getting one by wearing a condom! I mean sure its bad to have pre_marital/unprotected sex cause of STDs and pregnancy but they could save so many women's lives!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 01:01pm
Thats wrong on so many different levels. These people need to get their priorities right, so what if girls are stupid enough to go out and have unprotected sex, think of the women who are suffering from cancer. What value does that place on life, if people are more concerned about unprotected/pre-marital sex than saving lives?
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
November 5th, 2005 at 01:24pm
bloodraine:
Thats wrong on so many different levels. These people need to get their priorities right, so what if girls are stupid enough to go out and have unprotected sex, think of the women who are suffering from cancer. What value does that place on life, if people are more concerned about unprotected/pre-marital sex than saving lives?
I think they're worried about more teen-pregnancies, I can understand why they are worried but they should come up with a good compromise. Maybe some way for the drug to only be distributed among those who have the cancer. They wouldn't be putting these in drugstores where anyone can buy them anyway.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 02:25pm
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
bloodraine:
I think they're worried about more teen-pregnancies, I can understand why they are worried but they should come up with a good compromise. Maybe some way for the drug to only be distributed among those who have the cancer. They wouldn't be putting these in drugstores where anyone can buy them anyway.

Yes, but would you rather have an increase in Teen pregnacies or an increase in cervical cancer deaths?. But you have a point about the distribution of these drugs, and their avalability over-the-counter. It is simple enough to make these drugs available on prescription to the people who need it, rather than everyone who wants to buy them.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
November 5th, 2005 at 03:06pm
Soo stupid.
Ilse
Ilse
November 5th, 2005 at 08:15pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Where was it invented, if you know?

It was on the radio, they never said where it was invented.
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
November 5th, 2005 at 08:20pm
September_has_Ended:

-Cervical cancer infects 10,000 women per year and on average it kills 3,600 on average each year.

The cure is being "put on hold" because conservatives have come out and protested it saying that:

-This drug prevents a certian type of STD as well as cures cervical cancer, they believe this information will make young women have unprotected/pre-merital sex.

Now, what are your thoughts on this? In my personal opinion just because I know this drug prevents an STD it won't make me go "Hot damn! Let me go find a man!" So stop worrying about that crap and worry about the 3,600 dieing every year.

So, what do you think?

... I say we take whatever moron voted against putting out there and we shoot him. But, hey, that's just MHO.
I mean, if anything, the whole STD thing is an added bonus because it's ONE less thing we all have to worry about in the world. So friggin what if the whores want to go out and screw twenty guys, unprotected. That's their choice, not the cancer victims whose lives are at stake.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 5th, 2005 at 08:21pm
® Billie Joe:
September_has_Ended:

So, what do you think?

... I say we take whatever moron voted against putting out there and we shoot him. But, hey, that's just MHO.
I mean, if anything, the whole STD thing is an added bonus because it's ONE less thing we all have to worry about in the world. So friggin what if the whores want to go out and screw twenty guys, unprotected. That's their choice, not the cancer victims whose lives are at stake.

you go girl or guy Cool lol
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
November 5th, 2005 at 08:33pm
Fade2Black:
® Billie Joe:
September_has_Ended:

So, what do you think?

you go girl or guy Cool lol

*checks* ... Yeah, I'm a girl =P
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
November 5th, 2005 at 09:00pm
wow.. if it prevents an STD also then that should be even more reason to distribute it. wtf.. i'm not gonna go out and have premarital or unprotected sex because of it.. there are other STDs to be had too so obviously i'm not going to do that. it doesn't prevent ALL STDs..
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
November 5th, 2005 at 10:51pm
thats just about the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
it prevents an STD and cures cervical cancer-----what could be better?

thats almost like fucking murder if the distribution is not being released when it can save thousands of women.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
November 5th, 2005 at 10:54pm
bloodraine:
bloodraine:

Yes, but would you rather have an increase in Teen pregnacies or an increase in cervical cancer deaths?
The kids will end up on the streets.. so it's basically the same thing because either way innocent lives will be either ruined or ended.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 6th, 2005 at 05:39am
anyone who decides not to put the cure out on release for the public should try living with cervical cancer for a day or two and then lets see how fast they change they're minds. Because cervical cancer is the hardest thing a woman could face in her life, it leads to hysterectomys and ablations.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 6th, 2005 at 07:56am
bloodraine:
bloodraine:

Yes, but would you rather have an increase in Teen pregnacies or an increase in cervical cancer deaths?
The kids will end up on the streets.. so it's basically the same thing because either way innocent lives will be either ruined or ended.

Not all children born out of a teenage pregnancy life a deprived life. My best friend being one of them. But i think we're going a little OT about this teen pregnancy thing, if kids want to go out and ruin their lives, then fine. Women with cervical cancer shouldn't suffer because of this.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 6th, 2005 at 01:33pm
i am having to have an hysterectomy due to the fact that they found cancer cells on my cervics and i blame the doctors all the time i told them every week that i was in pain and i couldnt live like anymore so they sent me for ablations and scrapes, but all the treatments didnt work, i spent 2 years going to the doctors and they were just dissmissing me and giving me this tablet that tablet and i am so angry that now i have to go through a big operation just because they fucked up. luckely i have finished having my kids and my family is complete but hey i shouldnt have to be going through the operation which is due to be done in January 13th my daughters birthday.
Register