The Strokes

AuthorMessage
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
April 13th, 2006 at 08:37am
Oh my god!!! Very Happy!!! I'm leaving for the show at 11!! (Getting picked up by my yooper buddy)..

abnd when we get there... we're going to go to the Magic Stick.. (which is just down the raod from where the show is going to be).. and spy on trhem bowling.. because there was a contest to bowl with the strokes. HAHAH.

MY HANDS ARE SHAKING!
Schuschnigg
Geek
Schuschnigg
April 13th, 2006 at 03:40pm
lucky you, ive always wanted to see them
Unconditional
Jackass
Unconditional
April 13th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Basket*Case:
Poor Nikolai! I can't believe he didn't get to say anything.

Damn, this is so surreal. O_O

Aww bless him, I adore Nikolai...
Emo Orange Bunneh Ears
Geek
Emo Orange Bunneh Ears
April 13th, 2006 at 06:24pm
i love the strokes!!!!!!
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 14th, 2006 at 02:32pm
YESTERDAY WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got to the venue at four... and met up with someone else from the strokes MB.. and they were in the front of the line.. so we got up with them... we ended up being RIGHT in the front.. by albert!

I'm only gonna give a few detaisl for now..
-We saw Matt walk by before the concert
-Talked to Danny inside
-Saw Richard preist.

The whole night.. I was blowing kisses to albert and julian.... and at the end of the show.. Julian clearly notice dme making a fool of myself the whole night HAHA.. and smiled... pointed to me.. blew me a kiss just like I had to him all night.. and waved and smiled again.

Best night of my life..ever.. oh my god.. I was so moved when they first came out.. I almost cried!!!

I've waited more than four fucking years to see this band live.. I finally did Smile... Julian lokoed very good.. much better in person.. albert was a fuckgin sexy beast.. Everyoen looked awsome.. Fabby had his hair back Very Happy. nick looked good too.

I made a face at nck and smiled to him.. and he made a face back at me and smile dat me Very Happy. So fun.

And the group of people we were with. the strokes MB person.. and her friends (who were very very very awsome to us.. they're 23.. and this was their fourth time seeing them.. so they held on to us and made sure we didn't get pushed back ((me and toni.. we're very very short)))... we all yelled "YOU ROCK NIKOLAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he looked over and smiled at us Very Happy.

The opening song was Heart In A Cage and they closed.. like ALWAYS with Take It Or Leave It.

There was a guy behind me who threw a joint on stage to Albie. HAHAHAHAH! Albert.. in th emiddle of a song.. is playigm guitar and staring down on the floor.. he finally realizes what it is.. laughs.. smiles.. and shakes his head.

after the song he went over to julian and pointed to it and he fucking cracked up HAHAHAH!

Durring the encore.. they played NEW YORK CITY COPS! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! It was fuckign INCREDIBLE. fab came out.. and stood on his drum set.. and toasted us with his bear.. and than took a big drink! he looked so good! and was wearing a new coke shirt.. that said "Coke Has It"

when they first came out.. it just wasn't real... ya know.. i've loved this band for so long.. obsessed over them.. looked at pictures.. and there they were in front of me!! And we're in the very front! It was incredible!

befoer the show.. when we were Talking to Danny (their body guard.. he's english) He asked ana (from the MB) if we wanted to go back and meet the guys.. AND ANA SAID NO! HAHAHAHAH! me and toni were all ":WHAT! ANA NO!" but than we asked if the boys pland on staying afterwords.. and he said they were goign to leave right away... Sad... if they decided otherwise.. he would come back and let us know.

They ened up getting RIGHT on the busses and leaving.. they wanted to.. as danny said.. drive to Clevelend over night.

Gah.. I'm missing so many details I'm sure! I developed my pictures today with one hour photo.. they came out AMAZING.. and I got two of nick playing the melotran (SP?!)... we were right by albert.. so ltos of albert pictures.

at one point.. we all chantedh is name "ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he was tunnign his guitar.. he looks up at us and says (or mouths) "
Very Happy!! ::shakes his head:: I gotta tune my guitar!!! ::bows anyway::"

Oh well.. the most incredible part.. was take it or leave it.. the last song.. and afterwords when Julian FINALLY blew me a kiss back ;-D.

THE BEST CONCERT AND BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I'll post pictures when I get them scanned.. and some more details after I stop spazzing!

Anita, who is from chicago.. ended up getting the set list.. so i'll have to ask her to scan it.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
April 14th, 2006 at 02:33pm
They're supporting Foo Fighters on June 18th in Manchester, so I'll report back. Very Happy
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
April 14th, 2006 at 02:43pm
I have their layout on GSB.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 14th, 2006 at 11:43pm
Conan Orgasmo:
YESTERDAY WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got to the venue at four... and met up with someone else from the strokes MB.. and they were in the front of the line.. so we got up with them... we ended up being RIGHT in the front.. by albert!

I'm only gonna give a few detaisl for now..
-We saw Matt walk by before the concert
-Talked to Danny inside
-Saw Richard preist.

The whole night.. I was blowing kisses to albert and julian.... and at the end of the show.. Julian clearly notice dme making a fool of myself the whole night HAHA.. and smiled... pointed to me.. blew me a kiss just like I had to him all night.. and waved and smiled again.

Best night of my life..ever.. oh my god.. I was so moved when they first came out.. I almost cried!!!

I've waited more than four fucking years to see this band live.. I finally did Smile... Julian lokoed very good.. much better in person.. albert was a fuckgin sexy beast.. Everyoen looked awsome.. Fabby had his hair back Very Happy. nick looked good too.

I made a face at nck and smiled to him.. and he made a face back at me and smile dat me Very Happy. So fun.

And the group of people we were with. the strokes MB person.. and her friends (who were very very very awsome to us.. they're 23.. and this was their fourth time seeing them.. so they held on to us and made sure we didn't get pushed back ((me and toni.. we're very very short)))... we all yelled "YOU ROCK NIKOLAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he looked over and smiled at us Very Happy.

The opening song was Heart In A Cage and they closed.. like ALWAYS with Take It Or Leave It.

There was a guy behind me who threw a joint on stage to Albie. HAHAHAHAH! Albert.. in th emiddle of a song.. is playigm guitar and staring down on the floor.. he finally realizes what it is.. laughs.. smiles.. and shakes his head.

after the song he went over to julian and pointed to it and he fucking cracked up HAHAHAH!

Durring the encore.. they played NEW YORK CITY COPS! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! It was fuckign INCREDIBLE. fab came out.. and stood on his drum set.. and toasted us with his bear.. and than took a big drink! he looked so good! and was wearing a new coke shirt.. that said "Coke Has It"

when they first came out.. it just wasn't real... ya know.. i've loved this band for so long.. obsessed over them.. looked at pictures.. and there they were in front of me!! And we're in the very front! It was incredible!

befoer the show.. when we were Talking to Danny (their body guard.. he's english) He asked ana (from the MB) if we wanted to go back and meet the guys.. AND ANA SAID NO! HAHAHAHAH! me and toni were all ":WHAT! ANA NO!" but than we asked if the boys pland on staying afterwords.. and he said they were goign to leave right away... Sad... if they decided otherwise.. he would come back and let us know.

They ened up getting RIGHT on the busses and leaving.. they wanted to.. as danny said.. drive to Clevelend over night.

Gah.. I'm missing so many details I'm sure! I developed my pictures today with one hour photo.. they came out AMAZING.. and I got two of nick playing the melotran (SP?!)... we were right by albert.. so ltos of albert pictures.

at one point.. we all chantedh is name "ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he was tunnign his guitar.. he looks up at us and says (or mouths) "
Very Happy!! ::shakes his head:: I gotta tune my guitar!!! ::bows anyway::"

Oh well.. the most incredible part.. was take it or leave it.. the last song.. and afterwords when Julian FINALLY blew me a kiss back ;-D.

THE BEST CONCERT AND BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I'll post pictures when I get them scanned.. and some more details after I stop spazzing!

Anita, who is from chicago.. ended up getting the set list.. so i'll have to ask her to scan it.

Posted pics Smile.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
April 15th, 2006 at 12:20am
Conan Orgasmo:
Oh my god!!! Very Happy!!! I'm leaving for the show at 11!! (Getting picked up by my yooper buddy)..

abnd when we get there... we're going to go to the Magic Stick.. (which is just down the raod from where the show is going to be).. and spy on trhem bowling.. because there was a contest to bowl with the strokes. HAHAH.

MY HANDS ARE SHAKING!

the magic stick? seriously? where are you from? i saw gbh, the unseen, and a global threat at the magic stick last summer...
The Latest Plague
The Latest Plague
April 15th, 2006 at 04:18am
I downloaded Heart In A Cage on Wednesday, I am trying to get into The Strokes big style Very Happy
Holiday rep whore
King For A Couple Of Days
Holiday rep whore
April 15th, 2006 at 09:35am
Different Perspective:

Cool

You like?
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 15th, 2006 at 10:54am
Spirit Of '77:
Conan Orgasmo:

MY HANDS ARE SHAKING!

the magic stick? seriously? where are you from? i saw gbh, the unseen, and a global threat at the magic stick last summer...

I'm from Grand Rapids.. Drove over to see the show on Thursday... and if you read my above posts... THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.
(((meeee!!!)))
Geek
(((meeee!!!)))
April 15th, 2006 at 11:02am
i think they are OK
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 15th, 2006 at 02:06pm
http://www.xanga.com/bangbangching

A more detailed acount on the best night of my life is there Smile.
Emo Orange Bunneh Ears
Geek
Emo Orange Bunneh Ears
April 15th, 2006 at 02:12pm
i think that i said this after.. i love the strokes
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 22nd, 2006 at 08:41pm
Julian Whore:
Different Perspective:

Cool

You like?

I like. Cool
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
April 22nd, 2006 at 08:42pm
i love them.
<3333333333
blah. what else can i say? they're awesome. room on fire is a great album. that's obvious.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 23rd, 2006 at 05:22pm
Just because I know you all will fucking LOVE this. its seriously one of the best interviews in the world. I first read it about.. two or three years ago maybe.. and I just found it again in my folder Very Happy SO ENJOY!

it's fucking long btw!

NME, 24 AUG 02

Underpants, Squirrels and The Meaning Of Life

In their strangest, most candid interview yet, NME takes a unique peek into the world of The Strokes, with exclusive shots from inside their New York HQ.

Just off 8th Avenue in the Port Authority district of New York, you'll find a battered black doors that lead straight to The Strokes' HQ. Up on the third floor is the space where they've rehearsed ever since they first got together.
Inside, it's like a living room. There's a Star Trek poster on the far wall, a black and white picture of John Lennon resting against the window and a tattered Stars and Stripes hanging above an ageing sofa. It's here that The Strokes are coming to answer the hundreds of questions you've set prior to their headline appearance at this year's Reading and Leeds festivals.
First to arrive, at 5pm on a stifling Sunday afternoon, are guitarist Albert Hammond Jr, a riot of Zebedee hair and stripey socks, and bassist Nikolai Fraiture suitably restrained in all black. They're soon joined by a shaky-looking Fabrizio Moretti (the drummer was up until 6.30 this morning with Ryan Adams and still feels sick) and guitarist Nick Valensi.
As they sit around wrestling with each other, singer Julian Casablancas hobbles in, supported by a wooden cane and resplendent in a black T-shirt with the word 'Reggae' printed across it. He sits down and lets out a yelp of pain. "My knee," he mutters by way of explanation.

"What do they want to know anyway?" demands Nick, seizing the list of questions. "Do we prefer badgers or squirrels? Jeez, dude, this is going to be weird." It certainly is. So let's crack on...

Julian, how's your knee? I've been sending spiritual healing you way when I'm not busy. If it's working I might take it up professionally.

Neal Pariah, Southampton

Julian: "Tell him, thanks for the attempt. Maybe it is working a bit, but I've messed it up pretty badly."
How did it happen?
Julian: "It was July 4 in Los Angeles and we'd just done the 'Someday' video. We were having a barbecue in a friend's backyard and we were playing around, play fighting and I don't know. It was a fun time that went awry."
If you were all women, whom would you fancy?

Roberta Hay, Cambridgeshire

Fabrizio: "I am a woman."
Albert: "Which male would we fancy?"
Fabrizio: "Probably each other. C'mon guys, can't we just say that?"
Albert: "If I was a woman, I'd masturbate all day. It just seems like it would be so much fun. You know, longer orgasms and it's something you can do quietly and privately (mimes doing it)."
What's your favourite dinosaur? My personal favourite is the triceratops.

Katherine

Fabrizio: "I like the stegasaurus, because he was a vegetable-eating motherfucker but he was still a badass. And he had that fucking tail that had the spikes and he had those fucking things that went down his back and he was great."
Julian: "I don't really have a favourite dinosaur."
Nick: "I like the pterodactyl just because it starts with a 'p'."
Nikolai: "I haven't given this any thought before today and I don't think I'm going to start now."
Fabrizio: "Herbivore! That's the word, not vegetable-eating motherfucker."
Albert: "I like the brontosaurus, because he's got that long neck and he sits there and munches on the tree."
Fabrizio: "And he was the biggest dinosaur."
Albert: "He was huge, like the elephant or something. He was always, like, 'Hey, what's up? I'm just hanging out.'"
Fabrizio: "He (pointing at Nick) like the pterodactyl because it starts with a 'p'."
Albert: "It starts with a 'p'? Get the fuck out of here."
Nick: "It's true. 'Pt', the first two letters of pterodactyl."
Albert: "Shit, that's a good reason to like it."
Fabrizio: "In that case, I like psychiatrists, because they start with a 'p' too."
What annoys you most about the music scene in 2002?

Julie Micallef, Wiltshire

Nick: "What's been annoying me recently?"
Fabrizio: "I want to say it, but I can't. I have a very specific one, but I don't want to open my mouth."
Albert: "I've got one. In the office, we have MTV2 on the whole time and we keep seeing all these bands who are worse than the bad bands they're copying."
Nick: "Right! Bands who base their sound on Staind. It's like taking your sounds from something that's bad already. It's like a new low. It's nu-metal."
Julian?
Julian: "Nothing really annoys me. For a long time now, I've just looked at the whole music scene as a big business. The only thing that annoys me is that The Strokes aren't more popular."
Really?
Julian: "No, I'm only joking."
Boxers or briefs?

Vera, New York

Nick: "Neither. No underpants, never."
Fabrizio: "Check this out, homeboy (unbuttons trousers to reveal his pubic hair)."
Albert: "Never for me either, except maybe sometimes in the winter."
Julian: "I do a random medley of all three. It depends on what's washed. If I have nothing clean, then nothing."
We've all read Noel Gallagher's opinions on The Strokes. What do you think about Oasis and 'Heathen Chemistry'?

Paul Lamkin, Southend-On-Sea

Fabrizio: "I haven't heard it. You haven't heard it either, Nick."
Nick: "This is our chance to..."
Fabrizio: "...do absolutely nothing, turn the other cheek and be very calm and collected."
Nick: "...start an NME feud."
Fabrizio: "A feud isn't necessary."
Nick: "They're a band with impressive longevity and, I guess, sincere ideas. And Noel Gallagher's an awesome guy."
Julian: "I haven't heard it either. Oasis are a good band, though. What do Oasis think of us?"
We think they like you.
Julian: "Well, I've met Noel and he's really nice. When they first came out, I thought they were a really cool new rock band. What's the song? 'Maybe'? You know, 'Maybe, I don't really want to know...' That one."
That's 'Live Forever'.
Julian: "OK, that's the one. I first heard that and thought it was really cool."
What's your favourite sexual position?

Johnny Queefer, USA

Fabrizio: "It's obvious that that's not his real name."
Albert: "I'm a simple man. I enjoy missionary. It gets the job done."
Nick: "I like the defensive end."
Nikolai: "Defensive end?"
Albert: "Right. I like the linebacker position."
Fabrizio: "When I have sex, I don't even know what position I'm in. I'm hanging from the ceiling and shit."
Albert: "Oh my god, Fab!"
Nick: "There are so many. It's hard to pick a favourite. I like to do a bunch."
Nikolai: "It would be unfair to the other positions to single one out."
Julian: "This question reminds me of when I was at college and I'd met these people who invited me to hang out. I thought that was really nice, because I didn't really know many people.
"Anyway, I thought we were going to have some beers or something. Then they just said, 'OK, now we're going to go round the room and you have to stand up, say why you want to join the fraternity and what's your favourite sexual postion.'
"I was, like, 'What the fuck am I doing here?' But I was kind of stuck there, so I said, 'Hi, my name is Julian, I don't want to be in a fraternity and I don't know why I'm here.' I didn't answer then and I'm not answering now."
Which one of you owns the most shoes?

Chris Moynihan, Surrey

Nick/Fabrizio/Julian/Nikolai: "Albert!"
Albert: "Me. I've got 19 pairs."
Why?
Albert: "I've got lots of Converse and I've probably got every colour - American flag, yellow, red, off-white, black ones and then I got some other ones."
Nick: "Everyone else has two pairs of shoes, tops. Nikolai has one pair."
Julian: "I wear the same shoes for months. Having said that, my dad had all these shoes he was going to throw out and he just gave them to me, so I've got a bunch of old shoes."
What's the nicest non-sexual gift a fan has ever given to you?

James Morrissey

Julian: "Socks are nice."
Albert: "Yeah, socks and homemade pasta. That happened on an American tour. The pasta was delicious and I've still got the socks to this day. They were great socks, really colourful."
Fabrizio: "It wasn't like one pair of socks, it was, like, two pairs for each of us. It was very kind."
Albert: "They thought about it, for sure. It wasn't just white tube socks. The socks were cool. I love socks."
Julian: "Actually, there's a fan in San Francisco who always gives us a bunch of cool unknown CDs. I think it makes him happy to turn people on to good music. He's given me some cool stuff."
Who would you rather be - Kevin Costner or Ted Danson?

Alan Middleton, Scotland

Fabrizio: "Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?"
Ted Danson.
Fabrizio: "Oh, Danson."
Nick: "I think Ted Danson wears a toupee."
Albert: "I would have to say Kevin Costner. He's bald too."
Nick: "I don't think he is. What kind of question is this, anyway?"
Albert: "I'd say Kevin Costner."
Nick: "I don't want to answer."
Fabrizio: "I'd be Ted Danson because he had sex with Whoopi Goldberg."
Nick: "He did!"
Fabrizio: "I want to have sex with Whoopi. They were going out for a long time."
Julian: "It's a horrible choice, but if I have to be one, it would be Kevin Costner. I saw that movie Bull Durham when I was younger and he looked pretty cool in that."
Money no object, what plastic surgery would you have done?

Paul Jones, Liverpool

Julian: "I don't know. I'd probably get a facelift to look a little younger. Don't print that, though."
Fabrizio: "I would not have plastic surgery done. I don't believe in it."
Albert: "I don't like it either."
Fabrizio: "There's a certain amount of charm to an older man who's got the wrinkles to prove he's been through shit. How old's Mick Jagger? He looks great."
Albert: "When you have it done you never actually look younger anyway. You never see a 60-year-old woman who's had it done and think, 'Wow, you look 20!'"
Fabrizio: "And they get those weird flaps behind their ears."
Nick: "I'd get a boob job if I had to have plastic surgery. Big ass, tripe-D boob jobs."
Albert: "That would be great because I could play with them all day."
Nick: "I would love you to titty fuck them."
What do you think of all these bands that are being lumped with you, like The Vines, The White Stripes, Black Rebel, The Hives and The Libertines?

Julie

Albert: "I don't like being lumped into any group."
Do you think you opened the door for this kind of music?
Nick: "Yes."
Albert: "It's not an ego thing. Before we came out and did well in England, there weren't a lot of American rock'n'roll bands doing well over there, were there?"
Nick: "I say, more power to them. I wish anyone with integrity luck whether I like it or not. As for us having opened doors for other people, if that's the case, then that's cool. I'm proud of that and amazed at the same time."
Fab: "That's not the answer to this question, though. It's what do we think of these bands."
Nick: "I really like The White Stripes, but we're so different."
Julian: "These bands are cool. I don't really know most of their music to be honest. When we started everyone was saying how retro we are, but now it's the new cool thing..."
Do you prefer badgers or squirrels?

Frank Bell, Edinburgh

Julian: "I think I prefer badgers. Badgers seem like they have more personality."
Nick: "My answer is that, considering they have beautiful cute little little squirrels all over Central Park in New York, squirrels. They're sort of city animals."
Fabrizio: "They're really quick and they roll acorns in their hands and then they do this (mimes squirrel eating an accorn), then they stop and looking about and then continue doing it. That shit's great."
Albert: "And in Australia they can fly, right? In Australia all animals can fly, can they?"
Nick: "In Australia all animals can fly? What about kangaroos?"
Albert: "Well, all the animals are weird, then. Kangaroos are like giant rats."
Fabrizio: "If I was a superhero, I'd be The Squirrel, dude. He can climb anything, he can fly and he's a badass."
Nick: "Shit, you're right."
Fabrizio: "And he's got a big tail."
Albert: "And he's cute, so gets all the ladies."
Nick: "And you'd be, like, eating nuts all day."
Julian: "Fab loves nuts."
What's the meaning of life?

Neil Shackcloth, Manchester

Fabrizio: "What?!?"
Nikolai: "A good movie."
Fabrizio: "Why doesn't he ask God that question and leave us out of it?"
Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll - is it your way of life or just a terrible cliche?

Nicolas Campiche, Paris

Nick: "It's a terrible cliche and it's not our way of life."
Julian: "It's certainly not a code I live by. We don't say it and then high five each other. We're not a band doing this just for the ride."
Albert: "Yes, we have sex. Yes, we drink. And, yes, we play rock'n'roll, but we don't live by that. We live by music and all that other stuff happens to be stuff we'd do anyway."
Nick: "They're like bonuses. If it was only the sex and drugs and not the music, it would really be a sad state of affairs."
Who would win in a fight between Batman and Spider-man?

David Wragg, Oldham

Nick: "Squirrelman would kick ass."
Albert: "You don't think Spider-man could cover him in web and Batman wouldn't be able to get out."
Fabrizio: "Dude, Batman's got so many gadgets in his belt that would cut through that shit in a second. He's probably got spider repellent in his belt as well."
Albert: "I'm thinking Batman. Adam West couldn't kick my ass, let alone Spider-man's."
Nick: "Adam West couldn't, you're right. I'm think Batman is a better movie than Spider-man so I'm saying Batman."
Fabrizio: "Batman is just like a fucked-up individual in the head, and fucked-up people are more prone to being badass."
Albert: "You've convinced me. Nikolai?"
Nikolai: "Batman, obviously."
Julian: "But Spider-man has superhuman powers and Batman is just a guy that works out. Batman's just a normal guy who's very fit. I think the guy with the superpowers always wins."
Who is the most bizarre celebrity to come backstage to meet you?

Warren Parker

Albert: "Someone weird, right?"
Yes.
Fabrizio: "What about the guitarist from Rob Zombie's band? You know, the guy with blood all over himself. Actually, he was the bass player."
Nick: "He wanted autographs for his family."
Fabrizio: "It was cool."
Nick: "Personally, I would like Bea Arthur to come to a show one day. I guess you don't know who that is. She's the star of a popular American '80s sitcom called The Golden Girls. I keep hoping she'll come, but she never has. Maybe she reads NME and will answer my prayer. She's probably about 75 now."
Julian, your hair is very cool. Who cuts it and do you really use beer to style it?

Jamie Pitts, Carterton, Oxfordshire

Julian: "A Japanese girl called Mika cuts it. I've used beer once or twice before. I think I only use it when I don't have any water. I wouldn't recommend it. I don't wake up in the morning and put beer in my hair. It's for emergencies only."
As your sudden rise in popularity started in the UK, do you feel any particular loyalty to your fans in this country?

Lloyd Meredith, Glasgow

Julian: "Every time we go to England it's pretty special. The first time we did things that a professional band does, it was in England."
Fabrizio: "I always look forward to going to the UK to do shows, because I know they're going to be wicked. If that's loyalty, I don't know. It's just a bond."
Albert: "We definitely have good fans in England. People who come to see our shows there, come to have fun. It's lucky, because when you've had this much attention, people sometimes come to judge you. I don't think they do in England."
Fabrizio: "In Glasgow, it's always brilliant."
This guy's from Glasgow.
Fabrizio: "Tell him we love it there. We thought we were going to get our asses beat up there. The band before us were getting heckled and shit was getting thrown all over, but then we came on and the whole room started to bounce. It was loud."
Albert: "I'd like to go back in time to that gig."
Fabrizio: "Dude, don't you know that if you get into my bass drums, you can? It's a time portal. The only problem is that you've got to fit through that tiny hole at the front."
When are you guys going to wash your hair?

Kevin Smith, Tucson, Arizona

Nick: "Is that Kevin Smith the director?"
Albert: "What does he mean? I wash my hair all the time."
Fabrizio: "I wash mine every two days."
Nick: "I should wash my hair tomorrow. The last time I did it was a week ago maybe."
Albert: "Well, I got my hair cut so they did it for me. Mine's really dry, so if I wash it, it stays the same way."
Nikolai: "Whenever it's dirty."
Albert: "The real question is: when is Kevin going to wash his hair?"
If you were a porn star, what would your name be?

KC Higgins, California

Fabrizio: "There's a science to it. I learned it from a porn star."
It's your first pet's name and your mother's maiden name.
Nick: "Fluffy. My mother's maiden name is Delberg. It would be like Fluffy Delberg."
Fabrizio: "Mine's Kio Frotte."
Nick: "You can't put this shit in."
Fabrizio: "I love Fluffy Delberg."
Nikolai: "Mine's GG Reno."
Julian: "Mine's Valentine Kitchenson."
Fabrizio: "By far the best one was Fluffy Delberg."
Nick: "You're not putting that in, man."
After the success of 'Is This It', do you feel any pressure to make a follow-up equal to or better than your debut?

Michael Hartt, Australia

Fabrizio: "Of course, man. Everyone's looking at us now. We've go to write better songs and that's a fucking scary thing."
Julian: "I felt pressure when we were doing 'Is This It'. But it needs to be there. If you don't do anything that's better it's not very exciting. I think a lot of people have faith in us, but they're not completely sure because they've only heard one record."
When are you going to record it and when's it going to come out?
Nick: "Definitely within the next five to six years."
Julian: "We're going to play maybe four or five new songs at Reading. Maybe people have heard some on bootlegs. I don't mind playing it, though. I'm really nervous. I think we might start recording in December or January. God willing."
Did Courtney Love inspire 'Meet Me In The Bathroom'?

Sofia Ponce, New Mexico

Julian: "Not at all. I didn't meet her in a bathroom."
What's your favourite album of all time and why?

Jonathan Beyer, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Fabrizio: "I hate this question."
Albert: "'Plastic Ono Band'. I got into it when I was working in a record store. It's a really emotional rock'n'roll album. It's raw."
Nikolai: "It changes every week. This week it's probably this live Leonard Cohen album. I don't know what its name is, though."
Nick: "'Uprising' by Bob Marley, maybe. There are other ones too. That's my favourite Bob Marley album, though."
Fabrizio: "Picking your favourite album of all time is like saying..."
Albert: "...what was the best time you jerked off."
Fabrizio: "It's impossible. I could give you a bunch of records. I'll say 'Desire' by Bob Dylan, 'Isolation Drills' by Guided By Voices and that 'Best of 1962 to '70-somthing' by David Bowie."
Albert: "'Take On Me' by A-Ha. I play that when I get out of the shower."
Julian: "I really like the Beach Boys' greatest hits 'Made In The USA'. I jump from thing to thing all the time. At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Television."
Really?
Julian: "Yeah, not the band. Just my television. I've just watched Total Recall."
What's your favourite flavour of ice-cream?

Kat Street

Albert: "Chocolate chip cookie dough."
Julian: "Vanilla chocolate chip."
Fabrizio: "I don't know. I like coconut."
Nick: "I like milkshakes, is that the same as ice cream? Well, if it is, I like vanilla ones. Haagen-Dazs are good."
Nikolai: "Pistachio."
What's your favourite type of biscuit?

Jenny, London

Fabrizio: "What?!?"
Albert: "We're American, we don't eat biscuits."
Julian: "I like Chips Ahoy."
Nick: "We don't sit around eating ice cream and biscuits all day. We eat pizza and drink beer."
Don't you ever have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit?
Nick: "No!"
Albert: "Tell everyone in England, we don't eat biscuits."
Have any of you ever touched a synthesizer?

Box Fiend, Wirral

Albert: "I own one."
Fabrizio: "We've all touched synthesizers."
Nick: "What's wrong with this guy? What the fuck does he want? Sometimes it's good to get away from the guitar. I know Julian sometimes sits at a keyboard."
Which cartoon character is each of you most like?

Graeme Haddrell, Kirkcaldy

Fabrizio: "What's the name of that girl in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"
Nick: "Jessica Fox?"
Albert: "Jessica Rabbit."
Fabrizio: "Yeah, that's it. I'm most like Jessica Rabbit, because I've got huge tits."
Albert: "I'm like Liono. The guy from Thundercats."
Julian: "I'm Captain Caveman."
Fabrizio: "Dude, I've just realised who I really am! I'm Charlie Brown because nothing ever goes my way. I'm CHARLIE BROWN!"
Nick: "I don't know who I'm really like. Do they have Sesame Street in England? I'm like Big Bird. That's the name these dickheads have assigned me."
Albert: "I never call you Big Bird, I just call you The Bird."
Fabrizio: "You're a liar, Albert, if you say you've never called him Big Bird."
Nick: "Albert thinks I look like a bird. SO any sort of bird. Woody Woodpecker, anything like that."
Who's Nikolai like?
Nick: "Nikolai's like a bulldog."
Are there any cartoon bulldogs?
Fabrizio: "In fucking Tom and Jerry, there's a bulldog. That's what Nikolai's like."
Nikolai: "When I get up in the morning, the bulldog in Tom and Jerry is the last thing I ever think about."
And on that bombshell, we have to draw proceedings to a close. The band want to rehearse the new songs they're going to be playing in Detroit later this week at a show with The White Stripes. There's no doubt, though, that we've found out some valuable new information.
We know that The Strokes don't wear underpants, that Fab wants to be known as The Squirrel and that one day Nick may get triple-D breast implants. As we bid them farewell, telling them we'll catch them at Reading, they're still shaking their heads.
"I can't believe you got us talking about this stuff," sighs Fab, "but it was fun anyway..."
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 26th, 2006 at 05:36pm
lmfao

That was awesome! I loved the "Queefer" part and how Fab said how that wasn't the guy's real name. lmfao One of my favorite interviews of all time. Very Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 26th, 2006 at 09:20pm

I made this ava...I was just messing around with the lighting effects. This was the first one I made by that. I put the lyrics to Heart In A Cage and faded them...

I could've done better. I'll redo it later...
Register