Alternate Universe?

AuthorMessage
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 11:14pm
It is, they always come this way. Last year the police came by our house saying to watch out for a group of "twenty" passing through our ranch. Last week one of them came into our house o_o in the middle of the night! But I guess they're just trying to find jobs over here.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 29th, 2005 at 03:12am
she is synthetic.:
Bloodraine:
she is synthetic.:
You see, I don't get where us people get this thing with aliens. There's basically no proof of "aliens" existence besides the so called crop circles and such. Where do we come off to have this way of calling something from another place outside our planet an alien? How do we know lifeforms do not look like us? People? It's confusing.

There is no proof aliens exist, you say?.

There is no proof they don't either.
That's because you've never found evidence to prove that theory wrong. There could be NOTHING out there, no lifeforms with a star large enough to provide heat and warmth for survival, no lifeforms with an adundant food supply to nurish themselves with, there could be nothing at all, yet scientists would be making top dollar to develop these hypothetical theories of alternate lifeforms among us and we all would be believing it. It is because they believe, as well as most people believe, that there is a possibility, yet no actual proof to prove the theories wrong.
did you know our sun is one of the smaller stars in the universe? and im meaning, its pretty fuckin small compared to most other stars. aand do you realise that when you look up at the sky at night and you see all those millions upon millions or stars in the sky, and most, if not all of those stars each have their own solar system, plus we only see the milky way, which is ONE galaxy out of not even God knows how many in the infinite space that is the universe, you cant be saying that not ONE other life form could exist within that?
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 29th, 2005 at 03:34am
poison_fish:
she is synthetic.:
Bloodraine:
she is synthetic.:
You see, I don't get where us people get this thing with aliens. There's basically no proof of "aliens" existence besides the so called crop circles and such. Where do we come off to have this way of calling something from another place outside our planet an alien? How do we know lifeforms do not look like us? People? It's confusing.

That's because you've never found evidence to prove that theory wrong. There could be NOTHING out there, no lifeforms with a star large enough to provide heat and warmth for survival, no lifeforms with an adundant food supply to nurish themselves with, there could be nothing at all, yet scientists would be making top dollar to develop these hypothetical theories of alternate lifeforms among us and we all would be believing it. It is because they believe, as well as most people believe, that there is a possibility, yet no actual proof to prove the theories wrong.
did you know our sun is one of the smaller stars in the universe? and im meaning, its pretty fuckin small compared to most other stars. aand do you realise that when you look up at the sky at night and you see all those millions upon millions or stars in the sky, and most, if not all of those stars each have their own solar system, plus we only see the milky way, which is ONE galaxy out of not even God knows how many in the infinite space that is the universe, you cant be saying that not ONE other life form could exist within that?

Yeah, and a lot of stars we see now have been dead for thousands of years and their light is reaching us only now - it's so fucking far.
The reason people make up all those Star Track, Babylon5, Andromeda stories is that our abilitites are limited and we only see a closed space of our own Galaxy. Maybe we need something like that WARP (sp?)engine and all that stuff to see those other galaxies. Maybe people from other galaxies look at us and think "Those poor folks on Earth still make food themselves". But if that is true, then most likely there are planets that are even less developed than us.

Then again, parallel worlds, where everything is sort of the same, but not the same might also exist. And that has nothing to do with other galaxies - that's just something that's happening on the other side of the mirror.

(I know I didn't say anything original...)
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 11:10am
she is synthetic.:
Bloodraine:
she is synthetic.:

Do you just not realize that the sun is only a small star and there are billions of others exactly like it several light years away? The most basic laws of mathematics (probability) say that there must be other forms of sentient beings out there.
Is it just that human thing in you that makes you fight that feeling of being incredibly small and insignificant if there really are other life forms out there?
Let's face it. We are small. We live on a small planet revolving around a small sun with the rest of a relatively small solar system placed in the western arm of a comparatively large galaxy in an infinite universe that may or may not be a part of an even larger multiverse, and all but us and our planet are expanding at a relatively alarming rate.
Now tell me that there's no way there can be life on other planets.
Kiru
Geek
Kiru
December 29th, 2005 at 09:41pm
I think there was an episode about that on that old show "So Weird"
That was so long ago I can barely remember.

But that concept always stuck with me.

I'm not sure if I believe it or not, but somehow the alternate universe always stuck out at me as something that possibly/maybe true, as opposed to the regular no way/not a chance.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 29th, 2005 at 09:59pm
C'mon. Aliens exist, it is egotistical and weird to say that in the entire universe we are the only life forms. Others may not be able to communicate with us, being primitive and not far slong the evolutionary tree...but there's life out there. It's a mathematical certainty. The probability of there being no life in the infinite reaches of the universe are next to nil. So quit being difficult, synthetic, and accept it.

Also, I'm not sure "alien" is offensive as a term. Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Edition, we just unwrapped it!!) states the definition of "alien" as "belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing." Also, "A person of another family, race or religion." Sounds like an apt term to me...
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 29th, 2005 at 11:23pm
dirtyhippie:
C'mon. Aliens exist, it is egotistical and weird to say that in the entire universe we are the only life forms. Others may not be able to communicate with us, being primitive and not far slong the evolutionary tree...but there's life out there. It's a mathematical certainty. The probability of there being no life in the infinite reaches of the universe are next to nil. So quit being difficult, synthetic, and accept it.

Also, I'm not sure "alien" is offensive as a term. Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Edition, we just unwrapped it!!) states the definition of "alien" as "belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing." Also, "A person of another family, race or religion." Sounds like an apt term to me...
they dont have to be less developed than humans to not be able to communicate with us. i mean, its not like we could communicate with them now is it? if they lived in another galaxy we dont have enough technology to reach that far so they could be just as far along the evolutionary tree or more so than us.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
December 31st, 2005 at 10:01am
Hell yeah I think it's possible. It's like thinking "what if I would have chosen this path?" Another you already has. Since there's so many possiblilities therre is enough room for alternate universes...
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
December 31st, 2005 at 12:02pm
Mike's Lover:
Hell yeah I think it's possible. It's like thinking "what if I would have chosen this path?" Another you already has. Since there's so many possiblilities therre is enough room for alternate universes...
wooh good point. hello steph Smile
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
December 31st, 2005 at 12:21pm
[QUOTE="MikeHello to you too! And thanks. I see you in here all the time so I decided to come in here too. I'm trying to post in more places than just where I do now.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 31st, 2005 at 12:48pm
poison_fish:
they dont have to be less developed than humans to not be able to communicate with us. i mean, its not like we could communicate with them now is it? if they lived in another galaxy we dont have enough technology to reach that far so they could be just as far along the evolutionary tree or more so than us.

...I feel like a retard for not having stated that previously. Yes, that's true, and it's also true that we'll have to mime our speech like idiots until we can translate whatever their speech is into English, etc.

I just had an interesting thought: What if the dominant life form on another planet resembles, say, a mole, and they keep bipedal human-like things as pets, animals that cannot communicate beyond simple sounds. We'd think that the bipedals would rule over the mole-things, wouldn't we? It's automatic.
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
January 1st, 2006 at 04:08pm
this is like the theory about kwantum physics
right?

I dont know a lot about it

I just saw the beginning of the movie
"What the bleep do we know!?!"

its very interesting, you should definitely see it.

a bit was about .....how to put this.

if you look at a molecule, you see it has particals
One of the biggest mysteries is that thes particals
litterally can disappear for a while and then return.
And no one knows where they go.

1 theorie is that these particals go to another universe where people are asking the exact same thing when the particals are here...

Where do they go?

I should get back to you when I've seen the entire movie
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
January 1st, 2006 at 04:21pm
*meggy72*wants2bminority:
i dont think that aliens should be called aliens... it could b offensive to them, its sorta mean, like how would u like it if they came up to you and started calling u an alien?! - when ppl call things aliens, i always think of star wars, or star trek, etc and aliens might look exactly like us for all we know ... idk... i dont really believe much in aliens, but if there were aliens or other life forms in a different universe, im not sure if it would be all opposite of here... idk much about this sorta thing

well, it's not a real offensive word you know

the word alien comes from the word "alius" (at least i think it was something like this, I cant seem to find my latin books)
that means "stranger" or "other" in Latin

And I personally think aliens would give us a name just like that...

asuming of course that there are aliens that want to contact us...

they would be pretty dumb if they did...
within seconds théy would be the ones in a lab and
wé would be doing the autopsies...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 05:21pm
*new_age_provo*:
i dont think that aliens should be called aliens... it could b offensive to them, its sorta mean, like how would u like it if they came up to you and started calling u an alien?! - when ppl call things aliens, i always think of star wars, or star trek, etc and aliens might look exactly like us for all we know ... idk... i dont really believe much in aliens, but if there were aliens or other life forms in a different universe, im not sure if it would be all opposite of here... idk much about this sorta thing

the word alien comes from the word "alius" (at least i think it was something like this, I cant seem to find my latin books)

Chances are aliens are not going to speak any language from this planet Cool

so really, most things we say wont be offensive
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:43am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
*new_age_provo*:

Chances are aliens are not going to speak any language from this planet Cool

so really, most things we say wont be offensive

Hense no intelectual way of communicating with them.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 25th, 2006 at 09:32pm
Mike's Lover:
god i was thinking about that today and then i think that like, if i chose to listen to this song, or if i took a bite of my food a second later, the unviverse would collapse right then. sorta like time is doging bullets every single second.

no i dont belive theres a 'parallel universe' or i just think of it as a 'opposite universe' but i dont belive theres the exact opposite world it would be sorta like the 'universes' were organized to exist, which goes into god creating earth but
1. in the christian beleif they beleive that god created one 'universe'
2. and if christians did belive that god created more than one universe, i dont belive that god even exists

yes im wierd...
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
April 26th, 2006 at 09:47pm
that would be freaky, in my alternate universe i would not like rock music and i would probably be have a child- dont ask i not a slut, its just a long story
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 28th, 2006 at 10:31am
in mine i would probably be living on my own in an alasken wood some place, surrounded by trees and silence
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
April 28th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Poison Fish:
like the butterfly effect?

That film is amazing. At first I didn't get it, but once I got into it, it was great. I love movies like that.
I think 'alternate universes' are a very interesting thing. If true, it would be fascinating. But I doubt, if it is true, it could ever be proven.
castaway.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
castaway.
May 29th, 2006 at 12:40pm
There are so many possibilities,it's wonderful! Well,if you're into philosophy and quantum mechanics,etc.

There's this one show,where it takes place in the early 1900s in an alternate universe where science formed in other way,and at one point the main character crosses through a 'gate' that lands him into our world. Where there is an alternate him. Now what if there was a gate,door,portal etc. that links one world to the next? And what if when we died,that was when we would be able to see the passage? Then if there are other forms of life,then where is god's role?

So many questions! xD
Register