Ageism

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 02:40pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:
i respect older people but why oh why do they have to croos the road in front of you diagnonally, why cnt they just cross the road in a straight line like normal people, its allmost has though they have a shield of respect and that will protect them, and why is it when you driving along do they NOT look at the traffic they just staunter across the road, that is like "if i dont see the car it wont hurt me" ARGH!!!

I do that.

Not because i'm old, but because I know damn well the cars will stop for me. Down in the village, the avearage car speed is like 5 miles per hour. Cool

do you do it on main roads in the middle of town like Blackpool? I have seen so many funnt things old people do its unbelievable, and its due to that, that people will take the piss, it doesnt make it right i gaurantee you.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
March 20th, 2006 at 07:05pm
I can't stand old people, especially in trams. Why should younger people let old bitches sit? Kay, I understand if the person is really tired, weak or something, but if they're even bitching how we don't let them sit, goddamnit! Sitting is just stuffing your fat ass in the chair anyway. x_x
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 20th, 2006 at 09:52pm
Harlequin Girl:
I can't stand old people, especially in trams. Why should younger people let old bitches sit? Kay, I understand if the person is really tired, weak or something, but if they're even bitching how we don't let them sit, goddamnit! Sitting is just stuffing your fat ass in the chair anyway. x_x

O_o They are old. They don't have the strength that we have. My nana is very weak, she cant stand for any long period of time. You wouldn't really think it when you look at her, but its true. Just because the person doesn't look like they need to sit down, they usually do.

And to the last sentence: have you ever stood for a reaaaaaaaaaaally long time? And your feet got really tired and sore and all you wanted to do was sit down? And you couldn't, so your feet started getting these pains?

Thats what a lot of old people have. All the time. They get it from just walking a short way.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2006 at 02:46am
Coff:
Harlequin Girl:

O_o They are old. They don't have the strength that we have. My nana is very weak, she cant stand for any long period of time. You wouldn't really think it when you look at her, but its true. Just because the person doesn't look like they need to sit down, they usually do.

And to the last sentence: have you ever stood for a reaaaaaaaaaaally long time? And your feet got really tired and sore and all you wanted to do was sit down? And you couldn't, so your feet started getting these pains?

Thats what a lot of old people have. All the time. They get it from just walking a short way.

Because you've only been walking on those feet for what? 15 years. Some people have been walking on those feet for 70. They're bound to get worn out.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2006 at 04:27am
Harlequin Girl:

wouldnt you want a younger person to stand while you sit when your in your 70's? It shows respect and manners, what about disabled people will you stand while they sit?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 21st, 2006 at 05:43pm
Bloodraine:
Coff:
Harlequin Girl:

Because you've only been walking on those feet for what? 15 years. Some people have been walking on those feet for 70. They're bound to get worn out.

Were you talking to me, or the other person?

Cause what you said was what I was trying to say.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 22nd, 2006 at 02:57am
Coff:
Bloodraine:
Coff:
Harlequin Girl:

Were you talking to me, or the other person?

Cause what you said was what I was trying to say.

I was agreeing with you and disagreeing with the other person. Cool
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
April 1st, 2006 at 02:50pm
On vampirefreaks, there are cults petitioning to get the webmaster to raise the age limit to 16, saying it'll get rid of the immaturity. Yes, it will get rid of the immaturity, but not entirely. It will also be getting rid of all the ones who are trully the mature ones.
I've gotten rejected from usergroups on their because of my age, yet not paying any attention to my maturity level nor my intelligence.
Ageism is just stupid. It's only a fucking number. It's the actual person whom decides on whether or not to be mature, and if they blame it on their age, so be it. But NOT ME.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
April 1st, 2006 at 02:52pm
Harlequin Girl:

Why should younger people let old bitches sit?
I REALLY hope you were being sarcastic. If not, you just made yourself sound like a little brat. Show respect for your elders-- the ones who made you who you are, whether you know them or not.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 12:46pm
Last Night, someone Pmed me a question about something another Mod did, and it turned into a bigt arguement about what is considered sexually oriented. Although it wasn't said exactly, it was implied that I didnt know what I was talking about because of my Age and that it wasn't fair I was a Mod, because she was older. Alot of people have stupid views on whats acceptable for 'kids' to say and do. I know alot of 14 year olds who are more mature than alot of adults. I hate Age limits on certain things, it should be based on intelligence, but I doubt that will ever change. Especaially on legal offices, I think everyone should have a right to run, it's up to the public who we want to vote for.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 13th, 2006 at 09:50pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Last Night, someone Pmed me a question about something another Mod did, and it turned into a bigt arguement about what is considered sexually oriented. Although it wasn't said exactly, it was implied that I didnt know what I was talking about because of my Age and that it wasn't fair I was a Mod, because she was older. Alot of people have stupid views on whats acceptable for 'kids' to say and do. I know alot of 14 year olds who are more mature than alot of adults. I hate Age limits on certain things, it should be based on intelligence, but I doubt that will ever change. Especaially on legal offices, I think everyone should have a right to run, it's up to the public who we want to vote for.

Thats not right! You're a very intelligent and mature person, and until now I thought you were 17.

I understand about somethings becoming legal at 18, or whatever, like voting, though because if everyone voted, well, all the kids wouldn't have a clue what they are doing, and who they are voting for, by the age of 18, you're an adult and usually old enough to realise how the system works, and so on.

Letting old people sit on trains is just common courtesy. But I don't like elderly people getting mad, impatient, demmanding at me. At my work, I serve many people. Sometimes when its really busy, my managers, or another person gets the food for me while I just take the orders, and this happened on monday. Somehow someone got the wrong order, and this old guy was waiting for his food. When I served him he was grumpy and not nice at all, and he was just standing there about 5 minutes later, so I asked if I could help him, and he got very grumpy, had a go at me, and finished with "And you served me!"

I know anyone could get grumpy like this, but the feeling I got from him was that he was better and more important than me because of his age.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 10:06pm
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Thats not right! You're a very intelligent and mature person, and until now I thought you were 17.

I understand about somethings becoming legal at 18, or whatever, like voting, though because if everyone voted, well, all the kids wouldn't have a clue what they are doing, and who they are voting for, by the age of 18, you're an adult and usually old enough to realise how the system works, and so on.

Letting old people sit on trains is just common courtesy. But I don't like elderly people getting mad, impatient, demmanding at me. At my work, I serve many people. Sometimes when its really busy, my managers, or another person gets the food for me while I just take the orders, and this happened on monday. Somehow someone got the wrong order, and this old guy was waiting for his food. When I served him he was grumpy and not nice at all, and he was just standing there about 5 minutes later, so I asked if I could help him, and he got very grumpy, had a go at me, and finished with "And you served me!"

I know anyone could get grumpy like this, but the feeling I got from him was that he was better and more important than me because of his age.
I hate that feeling, when it feels as if someone is looking down on you, and deaming you as inferior because of your age. It frusturates me alot. I know people who are older than me know things I don't, but that doesnt make me immature. They have lived more of Life, I really hope they have gone through things I havnt and Know things I dont. With that being said, that doesnt mean the youth doesnt know anything, we're not all a gigantic ball of stupidity, and it isn't fair to treat anyone like that, reguardless of age.

Oh, and thanks for the Compliments. Cool I'm usually mature, but I do things everyone now and then that remind people Im 14 Laughing
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 14th, 2006 at 09:32am
Age is just a state of mind - physically you may be old/young - it's the kind of person you are mentally that really matters. People prejudge you based solely upon what they see not on what they know.

Ageism is a two way thing, affecting both young and old alike. Yes of course it's good to have respect for your elders, give up the seat on the bus, etc but you shouldn't be judged if you don't.

I suffered with severe juvenile arthritis as a kid and you wouldn't believe the tuts and disgruntled comments I would get if I didn't give up my seat - I just wanted to put a huge banner round my neck announcing my affliction. I also wanted to say to those elderly folk that if anyone could understand it would be them - sometimes I did - some were sympathetic, others just thought I was taking the piss.

The flip side to this also meant that I could better understand what it is like to feel old (physically) and learn to be more tolerant.

We've all been young once just as we will all be old one day - perhaps we should all just take on board the thoughts and the feelings we have now so that we learn to listen to our children/parents/grandparents just as we'd like them to listen to us.

I think that's the biggest problem surrounding age - people just don't take the time to listen.

Anyways that's what I think.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 11:41am
when you reach a certain age your expected to act and talk in a certain way, but youger people can do and say what they like because they're young, but if an adult dares go against the adult streotype then thats not right and its not fair.
SorryMa
SorryMa

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 11:51am
Magne:
when you reach a certain age your expected to act and talk in a certain way, but youger people can do and say what they like because they're young, but if an adult dares go against the adult streotype then thats not right and its not fair.
your a kid really ..inside. you act it anyway xD
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 11:51am
Magne:

When you reach a certain age

Why then? What is this "certain way" you're suppose to act and talk in, and talk? People can't help how they talk, they have no control over that, it isnt their fault if they stutter or sound younger than they are, maybe they had bead teachers in school and have a limited vocabulary.How you talk is so unimportant to maturity. Younger people can do and say what they like? So as long as your only 12, murder is acceptable? And you can verbally harass people. That explains all the bullies, they are young, let them do whatever they want. Rolling Eyes Adult stereotype, what would that be? The fact that you have to be mature and support yourself, If someone wants to go against that, let them, it's their life they are destroying.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 11:52am
TOODLIE:
Magne:

hiya toodlie!! how you doing?
SorryMa
SorryMa

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 11:53am
Magne:
TOODLIE:
Magne:

hiya toodlie!! how you doing?
Shocked you replied quick . im good. thinking about things though.
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 14th, 2006 at 11:53am
Magne:

Absolutely. Mind you, not all, but a lot of elderly folk revert to their childhood in the way they behave. My Grandmother was a classic case - I always remember her as a real 'lady' - but when she reached a certain age she turned into this little monster and behaved like a kiddie in a sweetie shop who'd just been told "no". Maybe tho's she'd earned the right!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 11:55am
cc:
Magne:

Absolutely. Mind you, not all, but a lot of elderly folk revert to their childhood in the way they behave. My Grandmother was a classic case - I always remember her as a real 'lady' - but when she reached a certain age she turned into this little monster and behaved like a kiddie in a sweetie shop who'd just been told "no". Maybe tho's she'd earned the right!

i know thats not funny but that made me smile because my gran was the same.

i hate it we are told by people be who we want to be and when we are we are told to stop.
Register