BOOK/MOVIE: Lord of the Rings

AuthorMessage
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
March 15th, 2006 at 04:29pm
I'm so surprised no one made a topic for Lord of the Rings. What do you think of the adaption of the book to the movie? Who's your favorite actor in the movies? Which do you prefer, books or movies?
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
March 15th, 2006 at 05:00pm
I <3 the movies but Im to stupid to understand the books. o_o
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
March 15th, 2006 at 07:38pm
I like the movies better because I'm too dumb to understand the books. The movies are great. My favorite actor in it is Orlando Bloom. Viggo Mortensen is good too.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 17th, 2006 at 01:23am
I love the books!

And I love the movies.

Except, me, being how I am, got picky about parts of the movie that was changed/left out. betthey are my favourite book and movie all the same xD
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
March 17th, 2006 at 04:53pm
I'm in the process of reading The Hobbit and then I'll move on to the books. I have this really pretty set that I just adore.
emily_lucky_stars
Geek
emily_lucky_stars
March 18th, 2006 at 06:44am
I love the movies I saw them all and its awesome. Lord Of The Rings is one of my favourite movies but is a bit scary at times for me lol.
whateveryasay
King For A Couple Of Days
whateveryasay
March 18th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Well, being this weird person who I am, I don't really like to see the movie based on a book before I read it. It's quite a rare habit, but I'm sorta proud of it. Wink And of course I love the books, even though Tolkien had some sort of aquafobia or other shit - in one part he just couldn't get rid of all the rivers, lakes and waterfalls. Rolling Eyes But, generally speaking, films are the masterpieces too and I was kinda obsessed with them for quite a long time. Cheers. Smile
State Radio
State Radio
March 18th, 2006 at 04:33pm
I love Lord of the Rings. I own the expensive special editions of all the movies. I also read the books twice. There is no comparison to those movies..
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 19th, 2006 at 10:30am
The books are better. Don't get me wrong, the films are incredible but its actually takes longer to watch the films (nearly 10 fucking hours) than it does to read all the books (I read then all in one night, I'm quite proud of that)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2006 at 10:36am
Incubus:
The books are better. Don't get me wrong, the films are incredible but its actually takes longer to watch the films (nearly 10 fucking hours) than it does to read all the books (I read then all in one night, I'm quite proud of that)

For some people...People like me read them slowly but properly.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 19th, 2006 at 10:40am
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

I read them properly, its not like a I skimmed over pages anyway I've tried reading books slowly and taking my time but I can't, I want to know what happens next or it will drive me mental Razz
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
March 19th, 2006 at 10:55am
I liked those movies.

but the books where better <3
Holiday rep whore
King For A Couple Of Days
Holiday rep whore
March 19th, 2006 at 12:38pm
I haven't read the books... But the films are amazing.
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
March 19th, 2006 at 12:42pm
Bores me so much, sorry.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2006 at 01:58pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

I read them properly, its not like a I skimmed over pages anyway I've tried reading books slowly and taking my time but I can't, I want to know what happens next or it will drive me mental Razz

I go slowly but I seem to imprint every little detail in my memory afterwards. It's weird, never works when i'm revising for tests... Cool
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
March 19th, 2006 at 06:52pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Two or three years ago I was simply OBSESSED.

Books are amazing, though I don't really know anyone who has read them ... movies are as well, Viggo Mortensen was probably my favourite ...

I've read the Hobbit as well and some of The Simarillion and Unfinished Tales, but if you thought the Lord of the Rings books were hard/boring don't even bother reading those.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 20th, 2006 at 04:08pm
Bloodraine:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

I go slowly but I seem to imprint every little detail in my memory afterwards. It's weird, never works when i'm revising for tests... Cool

Laughing me neither
iplayaltosax
Idiot
iplayaltosax
April 20th, 2006 at 09:08pm
One of my best friends has all the movies and books memorized, you can't watch the movies with her, she just quotes everything.

It's quite annoying.
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 09:19pm
Is the Simarillion good? I tried reading iot but didnt have time. but ive read LOTR all of the time
=)
Idiot
=)
April 20th, 2006 at 11:34pm
OH MY GAH!!1

I am a LOTR junkie. Retard

Love the movies....not more than the books though. Actually, I love 'em equally.

Me <3 JRR Tolkien.
Register