System Of A Down

AuthorMessage
Drugs
Falling In Love With The Board
Drugs
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:31pm
Everybody's freaking out because they're going hiatus. Rolling Eyes
I don't think they'll break up.
If I were them, I'd love to have a break after making 2 albums in ONE year.
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:37pm
hell yeah.
they deserve a holiday.
although i'll miss them. i'm hoping daron's scars on broadway project will fill the gap in my musical heart. ^-^
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 09:01pm
Yeah. I don't like their haitus idea. :'( Oh well, I guess. Whenever they do come back, they'll come back ambition! Hopefully.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 09:02pm
It's probably best anyways.
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
June 22nd, 2006 at 09:07pm
They are going to start on other projects. I cant wait to see what comes of these guys own ideas. They are so fucked up it will have to be good!
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 09:09pm
^_^ Nor can I wait. =D
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:03am
Lauren.:
Everybody's freaking out because they're going hiatus. Rolling Eyes
I don't think they'll break up.
If I were them, I'd love to have a break after making 2 albums in ONE year.

And especially because those albums were both ace.
GayForScabbia
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GayForScabbia
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:11am
System of a Down are actually mt favourite band in the whole world and if they broke up then I would be so heartbroken. I don't think they will, but if they do then I will be upset. I swear to Lucifer, they had better do another UK tour so I can at least see them on tour cos I have never seen them live. I'm freaking out about the 'hiatus' abit cos Blink 182 said they were going on a hiatus and they split up in the end, that really broke my heart. Good topic. INSTIGATE THE REVOLD!DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:14am
GayForScabbia:
System of a Down are actually mt favourite band in the whole world and if they broke up then I would be so heartbroken. I don't think they will, but if they do then I will be upset. I swear to Lucifer, they had better do another UK tour so I can at least see them on tour cos I have never seen them live. I'm freaking out about the 'hiatus' abit cos Blink 182 said they were going on a hiatus and they split up in the end, that really broke my heart. Good topic. INSTIGATE THE REVOLD!DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

I feel the exact same way. Cool
Welcome to the board, you rock.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:13pm
Don't feel bad GayForScabbia. I haven't seen them live either. :'(
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
June 23rd, 2006 at 02:04pm
GayForScabbia:

That's true.
I really hope they don't, they got me into a LOT of other bands, and are one of my all time favourite bands.
And I TOTALLY agree with your username. Haha.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
June 23rd, 2006 at 04:22pm
I-E-A-I-A-I-O <- Fooking great song.
Lyn-Z
Geek
Lyn-Z
June 26th, 2006 at 12:38pm
I like their old stuff much better, the new stuff sucks.
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
June 26th, 2006 at 01:43pm
Pfft.
I like both old and new.
Although I prefer Mezmerize to Hypnotize.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2006 at 02:42pm
A.D.I.D.A.S:
Pfft.
I like both old and new.
Although I prefer Mezmerize to Hypnotize.
Mezmerize kicks so much more ass than Hypnotize.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2006 at 02:43pm
hey do you people know ANYTHING about Daron's new band? im dying to know.
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
June 26th, 2006 at 03:05pm
Don't You Touch My Belt!:
hey do you people know ANYTHING about Daron's new band? im dying to know.

Nooo.
I am as well.
I'm buying Metal Hammer eery month and looking in the New Bands section, but they are never there Confused
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 26th, 2006 at 03:11pm
I know! I know! *dances*

*runs off to find article*

*ten minutes later*

TA-DA!

[quoteness]
June 08, 2006, 2:35 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

System Of A Down's post-Ozzfest life will include a new band for guitarist Daron Malakian. The artist is in the process of forming and writing songs for Scars On Broadway, which will start operating in earnest once Ozzfest wraps in mid-August. The band is shooting to have its debut album out in the summer of 2007.

"I'm still kind of getting the whole band together at this point," reports Malakian, who is SOAD's chief songwriter. "After I get back home from Ozzfest that's pretty much what I'll be focusing on.

"I think a System fan will be able to relate to the music, but there's a few different directions I want to take, whether it be a little bit more ethnic or sometimes electronic," he adds. "There's just a few artistic directions I want to take with Scars that I haven't taken with System yet."

Malakian says that so far he's brought in a drummer/percussionist to be part of the band and says that SOAD bassist Shavo Odadjian will likely join as well. Odadjian is also working on an album collaboration with the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA.

The new band does not mean SOAD will be splitting up. But after 10-plus years of constant work -- including last year's pair of chart-topping albums, "Mezmerize" and "Hypnotize" -- Malakian says the group does plan to take a lengthy break.

"People are just gonna assume that we're breaking up, but we're not calling it that," he explains. "We just want to go off and do a few other things. If we were breaking up we wouldn't be able to get on stage together for this tour."

SOAD is about to begin rehearsals for Ozzfest, which kicks off June 29 in Seattle. The quartet will be headlining most of the shows in place of Ozzy Osbourne, who will only play on 10 dates this summer. Malakian says his band is feeling the weight of that role.

"There's something about having history along with the music," he notes, "and Ozzy and Black Sabbath have been around over 30 years with people growing up listening to them. There's a history and a connection with people. System isn't a brand new band but we're not 30 years old, either. So it brings a lot of pressure to come through and bring something to the table that hopefully will keep up with that."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002650663
[/quoteness]

That's all the info anyone has, I think.
Raaachel.
Addict
Raaachel.
June 26th, 2006 at 03:35pm
I love the album Toxicity so much!!
<3 Very Happy
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2006 at 06:14pm
^^ thanks Very Happy
Register