AFI

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 03:49pm
Bleed Black:
AFI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine too =]

<3 the lyrics in your sig. Morningstar is a beautiful song.
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 04:14pm
Bloodraine:
Stalin and Hitler wern't fascist 0_0
Bush isn't fascist either...

Davey wasn't playing Hiter xD. He was playing the role of a dictator.

Okay... Stalin was a horrible Communist leader and Hitler used Nazism. Both controlled their areas in a much similar style to that of a Facist government.

All persecuted and killed many people based on unjust and unfair reasonings.

Now, I won't argue about the Bush statement, because technically, Republicans aren't facist unless they're extremely right wing.

I didn't SAY Davey WAS playing Hitler. I said that he was acting along the same lines as the other Facist leaders. Wink

And dictatorship is, basically, a Facist government. It's an absolute ruling party without any real limits...

But whatever. The video was still awesome Very Happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 04:35pm
wait_what:
Okay... Stalin was a horrible Communist leader and Hitler used Nazism. Both controlled their areas in a much similar style to that of a Facist government.

But not the same, huh?. See.

Now, enough about Davey impersonating commonly mis-concepted 'fascist' leaders.

lmfao I need to go watch Smith on the 'Making of' video again...
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
June 5th, 2006 at 04:45pm
I just bought their new album yersterday... and so far, I'm not impressed. Miss Murder and Kill Caustic are the only two good songs on the whole damnned record; and Kill Caustic is on the border line. Don't waste your money on it if you don't like emo music, like me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 04:51pm
xXRootsxRadicalsXx:
I just bought their new album yersterday... and so far, I'm not impressed. Miss Murder and Kill Caustic are the only two good songs on the whole damnned record; and Kill Caustic is on the border line. Don't waste your money on it if you don't like emo music, like me.

Guess you didn't get up to Affliction, huh?

You're right- don't buy this album (How the hell did you get it, anyway?. It isn't out in the US until tomorrow) if you want an album full of pretty radio hits that will make you cool for buying this album. Emo?. AFI were around long before Emo existed, they've been writing lyrics like that long before Emo even existed, check Black Sails. So yeah. They aren't emo.

If you don't like AFI I won't waste my time trying to make you, but don't go making them out to be something they aren't.
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 04:55pm
Bloodraine:

Alright. Alright... But Davey WAS impersonating a type of Facist leader. Marc Webb said so. Razz Wink
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 04:58pm
wait_what:
Bloodraine:

Alright. Alright... But Davey WAS impersonating a type of Facist leader. Marc Webb said so. Razz Wink

Yes...I don't think a particular one though.
AFI were on KROQ's Loveline the other night...I haven't got round to listening to some rips of that. You lucky americans, you get so much AFI stuff. Cool
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 05:02pm
Bloodraine:
xXRootsxRadicalsXx:

Guess you didn't get up to Affliction, huh?

You're right- don't buy this album (How the hell did you get it, anyway?. It isn't out in the US until tomorrow) if you want an album full of pretty radio hits that will make you cool for buying this album. Emo?. AFI were around long before Emo existed, they've been writing lyrics like that long before Emo even existed, check Black Sails. So yeah. They aren't emo.

If you don't like AFI I won't waste my time trying to make you, but don't go making them out to be something they aren't.

Well, you have your opinion... I'm one that hates most all emo too, but AFI is fucking awesome. They're not complaining about petty girlfriend shit. (Or perhaps boyfriend shit in some of the band member's cases Wink)

And as far as the emo comment thing goes, emo was actually around way before AFI. Emo started around the 80s, close to when the straight-edge movement also occured. AFI started in the early to mid ninties, and they were far from being emo.

They were more hardcore and everything... which is why so many of their older fans were pissed about Sing the Sorrow being so different. Now, yeah, AFI is pretty emo-ish now, in what the sense of the word loosely means, but they did it before emo was even popular.

But, everyone has their opinions. I, personally, LOVE decemberunderground. Smile
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 05:06pm
Bloodraine:
wait_what:
Bloodraine:

Yes...I don't think a particular one though.
AFI were on KROQ's Loveline the other night...I haven't got round to listening to some rips of that. You lucky americans, you get so much AFI stuff. Cool

Right. Cool And we Americans get so much AFI stuff because the band is American, as well Wink
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 05:09pm
wait_what:
Well, you have your opinion... I'm one that hates most all emo too, but AFI is fucking awesome. They're not complaining about petty girlfriend shit. (Or perhaps boyfriend shit in some of the band member's cases Wink)

And as far as the emo comment thing goes, emo was actually around way before AFI. Emo started around the 80s, close to when the straight-edge movement also occured. AFI started in the early to mid ninties, and they were far from being emo.

They were more hardcore and everything... which is why so many of their older fans were pissed about Sing the Sorrow being so different. Now, yeah, AFI is pretty emo-ish now, in what the sense of the word loosely means, but they did it before emo was even popular.

But, everyone has their opinions. I, personally, LOVE decemberunderground. Smile

lmfao No, no, Davey is 100% NOT gay. I know what you're thinking, but he isn't. I know for sure. lmfao

I love DU too. Cool
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
June 5th, 2006 at 05:16pm
I won this prize pack off a radio station for the MTV Movie Awards.
I think the new AFI cd is going to be in it.
Which is good because I wouldn't have bought it.
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 05:16pm
Bloodraine:

lmfao No, no, Davey is 100% NOT gay. I know what you're thinking, but he isn't. I know for sure. lmfao

I love DU too. Cool

HaHa! I know he's not... I just like teasing. Very Happy That's just what I do whenever I like something... I make fun of it. Wink
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
June 5th, 2006 at 05:23pm
Bloodraine:

I love DU too. Cool

Hes the flaming-est straight guy on Earth, though. Thats for damn sure.
wait_what
Geek
wait_what

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Slappy:

Hes the flaming-est straight guy on Earth, though. Thats for damn sure.

Flaming or not, he's still awesome. Razz
well.durr__hXc™
King For A Couple Of Days
well.durr__hXc™
June 5th, 2006 at 05:38pm
I like their old stuff better.
Davey is rad.
Babi Kid Rachy
King For A Couple Of Days
Babi Kid Rachy
June 6th, 2006 at 02:03pm
.....is this a good band i really should listen to? I've only heard Miss Murder. i'm sorry. Laughing [/i]
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
June 6th, 2006 at 02:37pm
Rachel<3 Fall Out Boy:
.....is this a good band i really should listen to? I've only heard Miss Murder. i'm sorry. Laughing [/i]
I'd definitely reccomend to listen to some more, but their stuff's not all like Miss Murder at all, but they are brilliant Cool
colletteXcore
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
colletteXcore
June 6th, 2006 at 02:38pm
Afi is such a rad band! <3 they rock =]
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2006 at 02:44pm
Rachel<3 Fall Out Boy:

They are AMAZING. Cool
So yes.
Its okay, a lot of people have only heard Miss Murder. I'm cool with that =]
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
June 6th, 2006 at 05:35pm
hey Meg, have you managed to find the US iTunes exclusives yet? I can't >.<
Register