kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
April 20th, 2006 at 04:11pm
Fuck_America:
_________:
Fuck_America:
_________:
Sounds cool, but, doesn't the world have anything better to do with their time?

I agree. So many more things need the funding then a space hotel.
Chances are it may not even work. why waste that money when it can save lives?

Yeah, shouldn't we do something about AIDS before we put some hotels in space.

exactly. Well I go by the theory that the government purposefully infected a part of the homosexual population to control it, or even kill it, but thats for another thread

lmfao

I dunno why I'm laughing, that COULD be true... [/offtopic]
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 21st, 2006 at 07:24am
Fuck_America:
_________:
Fuck_America:
_________:

Yeah, shouldn't we do something about AIDS before we put some hotels in space.

exactly. Well I go by the theory that the government purposefully infected a part of the homosexual population to control it, or even kill it, but thats for another thread

i heard that aswell, but i think its a pile of steaming hot crap.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 21st, 2006 at 12:10pm
Hahahhaa.
"Daft" came to mind. Confused
Jesus. That money could be spent on worthwhile stuff, i.e. the goverment or better, THE ENVIRONMENT.
Oh my God. Is this serious?
Like BasketCase463 said, people would have to train and stuff.
Waste of time. Smile
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 12:57pm
Although I do think it is a collasal waste of money, sometimes you have to do things for the fun of it, to be proven they can be done.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
April 21st, 2006 at 01:01pm
Fuck_America:
_________:

Agreed. Wink
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 01:14pm
It's a shame people don't like this idea, i'm quite fond of it now.

I mean people probably thought the same bout the internet, planes, cars, anything out of the ordinary

Yes I would like to see famine and disease wiped out, but i also want to see inovating ideas put into place, so that technology can move forward.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
April 21st, 2006 at 01:49pm
I like the idea too... one day, I could wake up surrounded by nothingness and the stars.

But I also agree with the people up there ^^
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 21st, 2006 at 03:20pm
It's a good idea...it has bugs in the workings of it all, but it's an idea that thrills those of us who'd like to go into space without being astronauts.

It would take training, though--it's not like you'd get on a plane, there're massive G-forces pressed on your body when you take off. People need to be prepped for the experience well before they lift off. I'd do it, but then there's the problem of MONEY, which people have said again and again. And I'll reiterate mostly the same point: There are more important, pressing matters at hand than building a space tourist attraction. Bush wanted to make us a permanent moon base. That went to hell because not even the US has that kind of money. It would take cooperation from all the world governments, with some healthy contributions from the wealthy on the side. That's my guess as Teen Q. Public, anyway. But can't we get some brain cancer cures out there first?
Tyler
Tyler
April 21st, 2006 at 03:50pm
A hotel in space is a pretty stupid idea.
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
April 21st, 2006 at 05:53pm
Tyler:
A hotel in space is a pretty stupid idea.

Depends on your point of view.
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
Geek
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
April 21st, 2006 at 06:06pm
i don`t think it`s gonna work. too much at stake: money problems, doesn`t work at all, oxygen use, etc.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:25am
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i don`t think it`s gonna work. too much at stake: money problems, doesn`t work at all, oxygen use, etc.

well they've already had some one live in space for 3 years anyway. It could work but i think we gave better things to deal with. we're to busiy racing with certain countrys to see who can do it first they're neglecting the prblems on our doorstep.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 25th, 2006 at 01:17am
the whole space program is a joke! 3 billion dollars to send 5 people up to space in a tin can when that money could have (nearly) solved homelessness in Canada. the hotels? they are the worst idea I've ever heard of. nearly as stupid as Lance Bass wanting to be an astronaut. HA!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 25th, 2006 at 05:09am
dust bunny:
the whole space program is a joke! 3 billion dollars to send 5 people up to space in a tin can when that money could have (nearly) solved homelessness in Canada. the hotels? they are the worst idea I've ever heard of. nearly as stupid as Lance Bass wanting to be an astronaut. HA!

yeah you do have a point about homelessness, but also think about it this way, there is a race between USA, Russia and G Britain to be the first people to populate the moon/or the equvilant who would you want to be the first people to do it? If it was USA wouldnt you feel proud that your nationalty had done something, also space and space travel holds essential information that our children could use at school, the more we know about the un understood the more we can learn from it and understand it.
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
April 27th, 2006 at 03:06pm
wtf they can use the money that theyll spend on that and give it to starving kids or a good charity
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
April 29th, 2006 at 09:20pm
DirntyGirl101:
wtf they can use the money that theyll spend on that and give it to starving kids or a good charity

They could, but they're the government, and they do whatever they want!
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 1st, 2006 at 12:25am
Valkyrie_Missile:
DirntyGirl101:

They could, but they're the government, and they do whatever they want!

Exactly.

I think that if they do put a hotel in space, the money should come from private investors, not the government
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
May 11th, 2006 at 02:02am
Magne:
dust bunny:

yeah you do have a point about homelessness, but also think about it this way, there is a race between USA, Russia and G Britain to be the first people to populate the moon/or the equvilant who would you want to be the first people to do it? If it was USA wouldnt you feel proud that your nationalty had done something, also space and space travel holds essential information that our children could use at school, the more we know about the un understood the more we can learn from it and understand it.
I'd Be Prouder If My Country Solved World/A Countries Hunger Problems.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 11th, 2006 at 04:53am
Dust Bunny:
Magne:
dust bunny:

I'd Be Prouder If My Country Solved World/A Countries Hunger Problems.

so would i but the matter of the fact is they do what they want
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 11th, 2006 at 08:20am
I think it would be a great experience, just like any other vacation. I would love to go, but I wouldnt for awhile, it may still be dangerous.
Register