AuthorMessage
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 05:25pm
Tyler:
Fuck_America:
They sound exactly like Fall Out Boy, theyre songs are exactly the same as Fall Out boy. and they never played a live show before being signed

The only reason why they've become so popular

Yeah that's why. I hate fall out boy a lot. They just don't sound good at all and they've really captured the teenage girls so lots of other bands are going for the "FOB approch". so anyone who is like them (sound qualiity) I really don't like at all.
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
April 20th, 2006 at 05:27pm
xZildjianRockerx:
The Beatles. There, I said it Wink

I kinda agree with you, I don't think they deserve as much worship as the get, but they are unquestionably one of the most infulential bands ever.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
April 20th, 2006 at 05:27pm
xZildjianRockerx:
Surprised It's true. Shifty

Not John Lennon though. Smile
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 05:28pm
xZildjianRockerx:
I have to agree to that a little. I like the Beatles but there's something about the way people talk about them that makes me go "ugh, enough already... Rolling Eyes"
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 20th, 2006 at 05:28pm
xZildjianRockerx:

I KNEW you were going to say that. Cool I predicted it. I think the Beatles were good but yes, a little overrated.

I dunno, I've always thought Nirvana were overrated. I like them but I don't think they were THE GREATEST ROCK BAND EVER AND CHANGED THE FACE OF MUSIC and all the other stuff people say about them.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 20th, 2006 at 05:29pm
Tyler:
Fuck_America:
Chevrolet Ampitheatre

in Pittsburgh?

yeah. thats why i pmed you the one time, cause your name is tyler, and your the same age as me, I thought I used to go to school with you.

I'm seeing A7X there too. you going?

I think the American Idiot stuff by Green Day is overrated. You cant compare it to their old stuff, it was so much better
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
April 20th, 2006 at 05:31pm
spill_no_sick:
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
Tyler:
NIRVANA. most over rated band EVER.
They may be overrated but they're still amazing.
There are lots of bands like that.
Like Sonic Youth is overrated but still amazing, ya know?
hells no they aren't!!!!!
I said Nirvana was overrated, but I just meant that more than half the people that praise them don't get their music and are only saying it because it's the "in thing" to do
and Sonic Youth is still considered underground (even though all of their albums have reached the BillBoard Top 100, but that's just because they have a huge fan base, no media attention.)
I meant overrated in the underground not mainstream. Mostly because most of the really hardcore fans are majorly pretentious.
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 05:31pm
P!ATD is overrated theyre okay not great
Tyler
Tyler
April 20th, 2006 at 05:33pm
Fuck_America:
Tyler:
Fuck_America:
Chevrolet Ampitheatre

in Pittsburgh?

yeah. thats why i pmed you the one time, cause your name is tyler, and your the same age as me, I thought I used to go to school with you.

I think the American Idiot stuff by Green Day is overrated. You cant compare it to their old stuff, it was so much better

A7X with Coheed in may? I don't know yet. I really want to go, but I'm getting back from a shcool trip that day, so its still up in the air.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 05:34pm
Overated?

the Used.

bleh
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 20th, 2006 at 05:35pm
Tyler:
Fuck_America:
Tyler:
Fuck_America:
Chevrolet Ampitheatre

in Pittsburgh?

A7X with Coheed in may? I don't know yet. I really want to go, but I'm getting back from a shcool trip that day, so its still up in the air.

Yeah May 14th. I'm going. Let me know if your going
xZildjianRockerx
xZildjianRockerx

Mibba
April 20th, 2006 at 05:37pm
Holy Hell, I'm a Teenie.:
xZildjianRockerx:
I have to agree to that a little. I like the Beatles but there's something about the way people talk about them that makes me go "ugh, enough already... Rolling Eyes"

Yeah. I mean, I get they were influential, I just don't like how everyone raves about them. It's like you HAVE to like the Beatles. For me, they had only a few really catchy songs and Ringo Starr is a fucking awful drummer. Very Happy
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 20th, 2006 at 05:39pm
xZildjianRockerx:
xZildjianRockerx:

Yeah. I mean, I get they were influential, I just don't like how everyone raves about them. It's like you HAVE to like the Beatles. For me, they had only a few really catchy songs and Ringo Starr is a fucking awful drummer. Very Happy

haha. You are definitely right about Ringo. I always had the idea that he was just a really lucky guy with no talent whatsoever, who happened to stumble into the biggest band in the world. Very Happy
xZildjianRockerx
xZildjianRockerx

Mibba
April 20th, 2006 at 05:41pm
Janie Jones:
xZildjianRockerx:
xZildjianRockerx:

haha. You are definitely right about Ringo. I always had the idea that he was just a really lucky guy with no talent whatsoever, who happened to stumble into the biggest band in the world. Very Happy

Haha, right. I don't know how the Beatles got together, but they definitely could have been a hell of a lot better with a decent drummer. He just went 'bang bang bang' and then occasionally did a little bit of fill, whilst being careful not to get overexcited or exert himself in any way, then went 'bang bang bang' again. He REALLY got lucky Wink
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 20th, 2006 at 05:42pm
spill_no_sick:
The post Warning Green Day
Fall Out Boy
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Eric Clapton, he's alright, I kind of like him, but he's way too overrated
KISS - great live set, alright band
Nirvana - my favorite band, but the people who talk really highly of them are the ones who know nothing about them, so FUCK YOU if you go around talking about how good Nevermind is and how good Smells Like Teen Spirit is when the whole song is targeted against anyone who only listens to singles and praises a band they know nothing about!!!!!!
Foo Fighters
every emo band except The Used
Elvis Presley - I like him, but he stole the spotlight from Chuck Berry who made better music, Elvis was just the originater of contreversy in rock music (which is important, but he's credited for his music when he made other contributions to the genre)
the are more overrated, but I've probably pissed off half of this website already

I dont like this thread but i must say this

I hate Smells Like Teen Spirit. Like the lyrics, hate the song.

And I'm outta here Shifty
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 05:43pm
Ok. Every time I see a topic like this, the first band that pops into my head is 'Fall Out Boy'. Seriously. If they didnt write disturbing lyrics, they wouldnt be that bad. But they are extremely overrated.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 20th, 2006 at 05:44pm
AndI agree with the Elle about the Beatles. I dont really like them

And PAUL. Rolling Eyes My brother yelled at me when I told him that Paul McCartney was overrated. He just went "BUT HE'S PAUL"

Rolling Eyes

fuck i said i wouldnt say anything else.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
April 20th, 2006 at 05:55pm
Tyler:

I could care less what you opinion is, but the fact is, Fall Out Boy do not play emo music.
And I could care less about your opinion. Very Happy kthx. kbai.
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
April 20th, 2006 at 05:58pm
The Beatles.
Nekromantix.
Nirvana.
The Loved Ones.
Pretty In Stereo.
The Addicts. Rolling Eyes
sugarfucking
sugarfucking
April 20th, 2006 at 06:04pm
spill_no_sick:
The post Warning Green Day
Fall Out Boy
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Nirvana - my favorite band, but the people who talk really highly of them are the ones who know nothing about them, so FUCK YOU if you go around talking about how good Nevermind is and how good Smells Like Teen Spirit is when the whole song is targeted against anyone who only listens to singles and praises a band they know nothing about!!!!!!
Foo Fighters
I agree with these.
Especially the Foos, even though I love them, I don't really see how their music became that popular...
Register