No Work At The 'Time Of The Month'?

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 09:53pm
I go to an all girl school, and many of you will be aware that if a group of ladies have such a tight cliche their bodies go into sync, so I share my monthly 'visitor' with all the waitresses where i work, my best friends and school mates.

I'm pretty sure if everyone took time off for a couple of cramps, attyendance at my school at least will be at an all time low.

*NOTE*But just to point out something, when you have a job and you call in sick, you boss by law is NOT allowed to ask you whats wrong with you unless your away for longer than 5 days, and most womens cramps last less than that. So technically it was allowed anyway, was just unspoken, which is the best type of law cause it doesn't cause controversy.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 20th, 2006 at 10:53pm
Well. Even if that did become true, I would still go to work. I mean, its only a period. It doesn't really affect you all that much.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 10:59pm
I have taken a day for it once before, but seeing as I couldn't move cause my whole body had decided to curl itself up into a ball under the duvet I think i can be let off.
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
April 20th, 2006 at 11:25pm
Please, take some pain killers. Having your period isn't the end of the world. You don't see people missing school because they're on their period. I say women, girls, teens, whatever, they can deal with it.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 20th, 2006 at 11:52pm
Blissful and Blind:
Please, take some pain killers. Having your period isn't the end of the world. You don't see people missing school because they're on their period. I say women, girls, teens, whatever, they can deal with it.

Actually, people do miss school.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 20th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Coff:
Blissful and Blind:

Actually, people do miss school.

I do. my cramps are that bad
ren
Idiot
ren
April 21st, 2006 at 12:55am
Ultraviolet:
Seems stupid to me. Actually, more than stupid. It's not like periods are new, bloody hell. Yes, sometimes it's a bit miserable, but if your cramps are that bad see a doctor or else get on with it.
I seem harsh. But it's just periods.

exactly, it can be taken advatage of too easily and how do we prove it? (some women dont have regular periods) Im all for equality.. but i think thats taking it too far. And you do generally get 'sick days' every year in your job/school etc... If its ABSOLUETLY intolerable, see a doctor.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 21st, 2006 at 12:58am
i do it maybe 3 times a entire school year. but the rest of the time i just suck it up and deal with it. i think that women should be given like 2-3 extra sick days cuz there are those days that you physically can't walk
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 06:29am
Dear jesus.
Hows about no.
Yeah, maybe I'm just unsympathetic (cramp?, what cramp? It never affects me Eh. And if it does it isn't bad.) or resilient to pain, I dunno.
Or hows about people just...deal with it?.
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
April 21st, 2006 at 11:32am
Bloodraine:
(cramp?, what cramp? It never affects me Eh. And if it does it isn't bad.)

Well lucky you.
Vanille
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vanille
April 21st, 2006 at 01:08pm
I've never been off school cause of that, but I guess it varies from woman to woman. A friend of mine gets cramps so bad she can't walk sometimes. She still tries to go into school though.

I can really see both points of view there, but I think generally people should try to perservere (sp?) and get on with it. Very Happy
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 21st, 2006 at 08:44pm
I'd be happy just to get the day off, even though I can live through dealing my period at work.

But I can see what you're saying about the guys.

If I was a guy and was filling out an application with the question "How heavy are your periods usually?" I'd totally answer "Very heavy."
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
April 21st, 2006 at 10:28pm
I still agree with my idea posted on page two...for work.

For school the females should be allowed to sit in the back of the class, and sit it through, at least they will be listening in. You could say that you have your period, but I think most teachers are not stupid. Only one downside, teasing by other students..."Ha ha you're on your periode!" In cases like that, the girls should just take a day off school.

In my school we are not allowed to leave the class for washroom breaks, which brings up my other point...changing the 'tools'. There was this one incident last year; a student, Brittany I think it was, was not allowed to go 'set up' in the washroom, and after some begging, and still wasn't allowed, screamed out the following; "I'm on my fucking period!" To the teacher. She got suspended for 2 days, kind of drastic. Back on topic. Girls should be allowed to go to the washrooms, so long it's one at a time, and they bring their purses.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:39am
heck...I think its a dumb idea...it will be taken advantage of. I manage to get through those days just fine...and Im just a teen, so therefor...full grown women should be able to cope.
but I'm quite keen on Three Nil wrote, about the 4 days natrual sickness, for those who get it really bad
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:49pm
I don't get bad cramps but I think this is a good idea but i think women should decide wheather it is worth it to take the day off because what if they lie but then they really get their period and they want to take the day off what will they do then?
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:04pm
i would enjoy it, but i still think it's rediculous. periods aren't that bad. and i'm one of those to get bad cramps...
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:30pm
Fair enough if you get really bad cramps which mean it's hard to do things to take the day off, but this seems rediculous. If you feel really ill, take the day off, but people would abuse it just to take paid time off of work. And I couldn't see many men being happy with this, because it is quite unfair really.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 23rd, 2006 at 12:43am
i think it depends on hte type of work , a woman who sits at a desk should be able to deal with it , but someone who has to be active (like maybe a female construction worker or even teacher) should have that option
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
April 23rd, 2006 at 12:46am
I don't think I can ever get a job then for that matter. I get my period every two weeks.

O_O
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 23rd, 2006 at 12:52am
Panagiotakos.<3:
I don't think I can ever get a job then for that matter. I get my period every two weeks.

O_O

Poor Lisa!!!! I'd die if I were you. (have you seen a gynocolgist. that may not be normal)

But I agree with the people who say you should get about 4 days off a month. thats reasonable.
Register