What's More Important In A Band?

AuthorMessage
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
February 3rd, 2007 at 02:28pm
Janie Jones:
You need everything together, and you need a decent singer or nobody's going to listen, in my opinion.

*nods* Vocals might as well be considered an instrument. That's why I love the blue-haired man in my Avatar...
ellie ex-friend
Falling In Love With The Board
ellie ex-friend
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:38pm
Music.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
February 4th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Just the music.
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
February 4th, 2007 at 01:39pm
Now people are just getting a little vague...
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
February 4th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Good will :tard:
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
February 5th, 2007 at 09:04am
Funky Platypus:
It depends on

A. One's own instrument of preference
B. The type of music

Someone said in the beginning of the topic that Billie didn't need drums in Good Riddance, well think about the song. Drums would kill the mood of the song, wouldn't it?

Without guitar there is no melody. Without bass there is no balance. Without drums there is no rhythm.

I think it was Dave Grohl who once said, "A band is only as good as its drummer." Maybe it was Taylor Hawkins, not all that sure. I'm not saying that drums are more important, but I think that the statement is very true.

Yeah, I've found that my favourite bands always tend to have amazing drummers, like Travis Barker, Keith Moon or Stu Cooper.

Ha, you probably don't know the last one, yet.

But you will.
Sunset Veins
King For A Couple Of Days
Sunset Veins
February 5th, 2007 at 04:00pm
Charisma, Meaningful lyrics, Great music, and Awesome crowd connection.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 5th, 2007 at 04:04pm
vocals.
if they vocals suck i can't listen to them.
no matter how good the music might be, if i can't stand the voice i can't listen.

great performance[s] and personalities are a plus too Cool
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
February 5th, 2007 at 11:43pm
I'ma say that Guitar, Bass Guitar and Drums are all required for a proper combination of music. No instrument can be the sole contributer to a bands music. BUT! If it was asked what could flow a melody better, it'd be the guitar. Yet, I prefer (if I was to listen to only one instrument) listening to bass guitar...just 'cos I find it extremely sexual Very Happy
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
February 5th, 2007 at 11:45pm
But that's just the music. Don't get me started on the actual talent of the band members, 'cos I'll be here for forever....y'know...vocals, lyrical ability, production...ability to actually play the instruments...yada yada yada Very Happy
The Evil Alchemist
Geek
The Evil Alchemist
February 7th, 2007 at 09:08pm
All of it is basically important in a band. the Drums is what keeps the beat, the guitar give the song its energy and bass kind of ties in with the drums and the guitar to give it some extra edge.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
February 7th, 2007 at 09:56pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Funky Platypus:
It depends on

A. One's own instrument of preference
B. The type of music

Someone said in the beginning of the topic that Billie didn't need drums in Good Riddance, well think about the song. Drums would kill the mood of the song, wouldn't it?

Without guitar there is no melody. Without bass there is no balance. Without drums there is no rhythm.

I think it was Dave Grohl who once said, "A band is only as good as its drummer." Maybe it was Taylor Hawkins, not all that sure. I'm not saying that drums are more important, but I think that the statement is very true.

Yeah, I've found that my favourite bands always tend to have amazing drummers, like Travis Barker, Keith Moon or Stu Cooper.

Ha, you probably don't know the last one, yet.

But you will.

I KNOW HIM. tehe

And Keith Moon is FTW, he really defined the Who's sound in my opinion.
Register