YOUR THOUGHTS ON POETRY

AuthorMessage
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
May 12th, 2006 at 01:59am
What is poetry? Why do you like poetry? Do you mostly see pointless ramble? Why do we have poetry? Do you love poetry? And why? Answer.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
May 12th, 2006 at 03:23am
Poetry is beauty, release and expression.
I like poetry because I see no limits, I'm allowed to write about whatever, whenever and however.
I'm not sure I understand the question.
We have poetry so the people who think deeper about life and life situations would enjoy it.
I love poetry
because I see no limits, I'm allowed to write about whatever, whenever and however.
Inari
King For A Couple Of Days
Inari
May 12th, 2006 at 05:38am
I hate it.
It's the most pointless thing in the world....

Yeah right, whatever! Lol.
Nah, seriously. I love it. It's a release.
It's just too beautiful to describe.
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
May 12th, 2006 at 08:59am
i vent a lot of feelings I have for people, attitudes I have towards things in my poetry and I feel that I can disguise those views slightly with words so people will never really know what I'm saying, but instead interpret it in their own way
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
May 12th, 2006 at 09:18am
poetry is you expressing your thoughts and feelings about something or just giving people a certain message, its like writing books in which you just melt into. some poems are happy, some are sad, others creepy and gloomy, them some yet flowery and pretty. i like poetry cause it gives me freedom to write about the things in my mind. and you should know that all my poems are cenciere and my own alone. just like writing poetry, drawing gives you complete freedom of mind. more people should know how to write deep, thoughtful and heartbreakingly beautiful poetry like we do hereSmile and poetry is good for relieving yourself from mental pain. some people use poetry that way. anyhow...poetry is good and we all know thatSmile
Holiday rep whore
Holiday rep whore
May 12th, 2006 at 09:24am
I only ever write it if i can't stop thinking about someone. Basically, i write it about them.
And i hate keeping feelings to myself. Poetry is a way to express them.

So, mostly i write love songs.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 09:26am
I think its the best way to express yourself about whats going on in the world adn your feelings. It may sound stupid but lots of people like reading poetry on someone elses feelings..
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 12th, 2006 at 09:35am
It used to be a source of venting for me, and I didn't exactly appreciate it. When I was "depressed", I'd write. That was it.
But now...It's grown to be something vital to me. I write every day, it's pretty much become a part of me. I don't read poetry as much as I write it, but it's something that is incredibly under-rated and needs to be appreciated more.
Megan.
Megan.
May 12th, 2006 at 09:38am
Poetry is to vent, I think. It's what I use it for most. It helps stop me from getting angry and blowing up on people [though I usually do it anyway >___<]
I usually don't post it on the internet though, I'm afraid of critism.
snowcherry
snowcherry
May 12th, 2006 at 09:44am
^^ *nods*
Poetry's definately underrated and needs to be appreciated more.
*nods some more*

Uhm, anyway...

I love poetry.
It's just indefinite beauty.
And it can be a vent or a way to express yourself
in so many ways.
That's why I love it.
It shows the inner part of the personality of a poet,
the part most people don't see in life,
and that's where all the beauty within lies.
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 09:44am
poetry helps me to cope with things.
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
May 15th, 2006 at 12:54am
[quote="snowcherry"]
Poetry's definately underrated and needs to be appreciated more.
quote]

Poetry is indeed underrated. I come across poems that are much more beautiful than the crap I hear on radio. So this makes recording artists overrated too.
imtwasidwelya
Geek
imtwasidwelya
May 15th, 2006 at 10:09am
Poems do not have to be in Iambic Pentameter 100% of the time.
Too Much Eyeliner
Jackass
Too Much Eyeliner

Mibba
May 15th, 2006 at 10:17am
imtwasidwelya:
Poems do not have to be in Iambic Pantameter 100% of the time.
What's that?

Oh, and I think Poetry is VERY underrated.

Sure there's books full of them, but do we ever really hear those poems outside of books? No.
imtwasidwelya
Geek
imtwasidwelya
May 15th, 2006 at 10:21am
Definitions of Iambic Pentameter on the Web:

* The most common verse line in English poetry. It consists of five verse feet, with each foot an iamb-that is, an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable. Shakespeare’s plays are written almost exclusively in iambic pentameter.
Too Much Eyeliner
Jackass
Too Much Eyeliner

Mibba
May 15th, 2006 at 10:22am
imtwasidwelya:
Definitions of Iambic Pentameter on the Web:

* The most common verse line in English poetry. It consists of five verse feet, with each foot an iamb-that is, an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable. Shakespeare’s plays are written almost exclusively in iambic pentameter.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Thankies.
imtwasidwelya
Geek
imtwasidwelya
May 15th, 2006 at 10:28am
Definitions of poetry on the Web:

* literature in metrical form
* any communication resembling poetry in beauty or the evocation of feeling
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Poetry (ancient Greek: ποιεω (poieo) = I create) is an art form in which human language is used for its aesthetic qualities in addition to, or instead of, its notional and semantic content. It consists largely of oral or literary works in which language is used in a manner that is felt by its user and audience to differ from ordinary prose.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetry

My poetry does not allways appear metrical except for in syllables within a few lines on occasion.
imtwasidwelya
Geek
imtwasidwelya
May 16th, 2006 at 09:17am
Forms of Poems If you find a better link submit it.

http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/poeform.htm
clark
GSBitch
clark
May 16th, 2006 at 09:26am
It's poetic. Cool
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 16th, 2006 at 12:47pm
"It is impossible to define poetry, only to define what is not poetry" - Anonymous

Nevertheless, I have trouble crossing that line and I will write stories that are more like poetry even though they fit the category of story

I think poetry is just a tool to describe the undescribable. People here just type up thoughts and make it rhyme. I think poetry is used for when you are feeling something, or saw something that impacted you to where it's impossible to describe. Poetry is how to describe the undescribable by use of creating an atmosphere.
Register