Smashing Pumpkins

AuthorMessage
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 16th, 2006 at 11:22pm
They seem good. I haven't heard a whole lot by them, but I've loved what I've heard. I never heard they were getting back together. Maybe I'll check out some of their new stuff.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 16th, 2006 at 11:26pm
ugh

this disgusts me how everyone is focused on their most popular song

*listens to the Geek U.S.A. guitar solo and hopes some one knows what I'm talking about, even if it's on their most popular album*
miss world
Jackass
miss world
June 16th, 2006 at 11:26pm
Billy Corgan does look kinda creepy, but he is a genius
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
June 17th, 2006 at 12:35am
spill_no_sick:
ugh

*listens to the Geek U.S.A. guitar solo and hopes some one knows what I'm talking about, even if it's on their most popular album*

That was the first ever Pumpkins cd I owned =T
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 17th, 2006 at 10:43am
I love the song space boy. gives me chills. But pretty much the whole of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are perfect albums. Gish and Adore are great to. Only Machina was a let down.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 17th, 2006 at 04:43pm
Dom:
I love the song space boy. gives me chills. But pretty much the whole of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are perfect albums. Gish and Adore are great to. Only Machina was a let down.
I'm listening to Machina
most peopel thought Adore was a letdown
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 09:40am
okay, so who here likes Machina II, can I see a show of hands?
Kitti
Kitti
July 22nd, 2006 at 09:41am
spill_no_sick:
Heh...I should import that to my media player, since it's been on my computer for two days and I've yet to listen to it...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 09:46am
Kitti:
spill_no_sick:
Heh...I should import that to my media player, since it's been on my computer for two days and I've yet to listen to it...
listen damn you!!!!!!!!!

it's free peoples, download it for free legally and listen damn you!!!!!!!!!!!
Kitti
Kitti
July 22nd, 2006 at 09:52am
spill_no_sick:
listen damn you!!!!!!!!!

it's free peoples, download it for free legally and listen damn you!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say, the free and legal thing is pretty awesome. I've only come across one other band that will give you a full album like that, and that wasn't the studio album cut.
Blank_blank
Geek
Blank_blank
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:26am
spill_no_sick:

Which song would that be? I don't think that people should have to hate a song just because it hit the charts. And if they're the only songs that they like, so what, at least they have some minimal appreciation Laughing .

I was a bit freaked when i found that they had a song called "Hello Kitty Kat", mainly because thats what my friend says every time she sees me. It's like they're... talking to me, or something... Shifty

I seriously doubt that they'd be getting back together, there have been rumours like that for ages.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:44am
everyone says, "I love Smashing Pumpkins, I love Bullet With Butterfly Wings"

dude, if that's the case just say, "I only know Bullet With Butterfly Wings, but I like it"
it's a good song and one of D'arcy's best basslines, but don't say you love a band because you like a song
that's like saying you like Radiohead when all you know is Creep and O.K. Computer

I seriously doubt D'arcy Wretzky will recommit
they planned it, then things got messed up again....but Zwan didn't take off and Billy Corgan's solo career certainly didn't take off
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:53am
spill_no_sick:
they planned it, then things got messed up again....but Zwan didn't take off and Billy Corgan's solo career certainly didn't take off

About the reunion, you mean? Melissa again?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:55am
The Secret Lik:
spill_no_sick:

Melissa was good with Hole...but there's no replacing D'arcy
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:58am
spill_no_sick:
The Secret Lik:
spill_no_sick:

Of course. Last I heard, Billy hadn't spoken to neither her nor James for 6 years. I don't know if that's changed, though.
Blank_blank
Geek
Blank_blank
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:59am
I wouldn't call Bullet With Butterfly Wings their most popular, i think it'd probably be Today or 1979.

But yeah, i agree. But alot of people think that they're gonna get attacked if they dont know everything about a band/ like all they're songs, and they're probably right.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:04am
The Secret Lik:
spill_no_sick:
The Secret Lik:
spill_no_sick:

Of course. Last I heard, Billy hadn't spoken to neither her nor James for 6 years. I don't know if that's changed, though.
James was in Zwan, they're still cool
it's D'arcy and the rest of the band....especially James
she was going to be in A Perfect Circle until they got James, then she quit
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:15am
i love the smashing pumpkins!!! they're definatley one of my favorite bands ever.

as far as the reunion goes, i dont really care if the whole original line up is there or not. i mean, what do you think would have a better outcome: the original line up of people who dont all get along, or a couple orginals with some other people who they do get along with and could work better and more happily with? besides, i'm sure they know what'll work better than we do, so i really see know point in all of us whinying about d'arcy and james being in the band, when we dont have any control over it at all.

not that it wouldn't be awesome to see the whole original line up again, or even billy, james, melissa, and jimmy, but, whatever happens happens.

i just hope they go on tour after they release the new album Very Happy
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:18am
I care if D'arcy's in the band again!!!!!!!!
I'd rather take James out than D'arcy!
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:21am
haha, well, honestly, i dont know much about the band other than their music and a little tiny bit here and there, so yeah.

you never know though. they could reunite with the whole original lineup and downright suck, or they could be wodnerful again. or they could have a slightly different lineup and be great too. we'll never know until we hear it, really.

but hey, it's their thing, i say let them do what they want. we're just the listeners, if we dont like it, then we dont have to listen to it.
Register