Suicide Machines...have officially broken up.

AuthorMessage
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 23rd, 2006 at 05:40pm
This is a sad, sad day in music history.

As I have mentioned in my journal, most people on this site are terribly ignorant and will not know this band.

They're an incredible ska band, which I had the privilege of seeing back in March. I was able to meet the guitarist as well.

I hope you all will pass your condolences...

This band will be...sorely missed.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
King For A Couple Of Days
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 05:43pm
I miss them already. ;_; I seriously feel like bawling my eyes out.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:08pm
There have to be more than just us that actually care about this band. I mean, come on! Destruction by Definition is second only to Operation Ivy's Energy when it comes to ska-core fame. Cry with us! XD
Less Than Jack
Falling In Love With The Board
Less Than Jack
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:19pm
I love them.
Destruction by Definition was one of my first ska albums.
They will be missed.<3
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:45pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.......... oKay, I'm almost crying! Zomigah, WHY????
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:51pm
I can post what it said...

Ryan Vandeberghe confirmed rumors that the band had broken up through a post on the group's official message board on May 13, 2006. His post read:

"In the middle of this past March I called Jay and told him that I was quitting the band. After months and months of talking about taking a break, there wasn't any in sight. I told him that I hoped they would continue on with someone else because I knew there were things on the horizon that they had wanted to do (Mexico/Japan/U.S. summer tour). I was too burnt out on TSM to pull another full year of touring. My friend Steve McCrumb was going to handle the drumming for the Mexico tour (that's who the guy behind the kit was at the Troubadour). A couple weeks later at Left In Ruin practice, Jay told me he had also quit and that he was finishing up the Mexico/Japan tours. He asked if I would be into doing a proper "last hurrah" thing for our xmas shows, and I said yes. Fast forward to yesterday morning...Jay and Danny both called me and told me that Dan had a meltdown after the Troubadour show and decided that he didn't want to finish the tour. That is all I know right now because I wasn't there. Unfortunately, I do know that there won't be anymore shows from the band. I think it's not entirely a bad thing at the moment. Everyone has been busy with their own things that they are excited about. Some of us will be starting new bands and looking for new people to rock with. Danny will be touring with AAA this summer. After 5 1/2 years, Jay and I will finally be releasing a proper record with Left In Ruin, and I know Dan has got some things going on but I know nothing about them. Thank you guys for the years of support. We've all had an amazing time. G'night -V"
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 23rd, 2006 at 07:58pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:

As I have mentioned in my journal, most people on this site are terribly ignorant and will not know this band.
They're an incredible ska band, which I had the privilege of seeing back in March. I was able to meet the guitarist as well.

Rolling Eyes
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:03pm
Don't You Touch My Belt!:
XxBillieOwnsXx:

Rolling Eyes
It is true though. She's not saying there aren't any people that know them. It's not like they're terribly underground. It's mostly the people in the journals that would have never heard of them.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:04pm
Don't give me the mediocre eye roll. o_O Jesus Christ. I wasn't trying to imply everyone is a fucking retard.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:11pm
I guess to make this a proper band thread, we should do some linkage. Cool http://www.suicide-machines.com/

Picture: Image
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:25pm
OKAY FIRST PERSON ON THE FIRST PIC IS MY GUY HE SHOOK MY HAND AND CRAP. Cool
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:26pm
THAT IS SO COOL!!!1111FOUR

[/spaz] Cool
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:01pm
[Flawless Error]:
Don't You Touch My Belt!:
XxBillieOwnsXx:

Rolling Eyes
It is true though. She's not saying there aren't any people that know them. It's not like they're terribly underground. It's mostly the people in the journals that would have never heard of them.
okay but tere are bands on er tat i doubt shes ever heard of, look on thelast poages of this forum. and i am sorry for them Sad
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:05pm
Nooooo! *CRY*
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:25pm
Don't hate me, but I've never heard of them...

Crying or Very sad
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:44pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:
Don't give me the mediocre eye roll. o_O Jesus Christ. I wasn't trying to imply everyone is a fucking retard.
Well, you were right. I'm trying to keep my Sonic Youth thread alive but nobody seems to realize that there would be no Nirvana is there were no Sonic Youth and so no one listens to them.
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:52pm
ummm i dont really understand...
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:55pm
Collaborated Caffiene!!:
ummm i dont really understand...
O_O
They broke up. That's all.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:55pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:
and how?
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
May 28th, 2006 at 09:37am
My friend loves them.
She cried when she heard that they broke up.
Register