What Would YOU Do If Green Day Released A rap/Hip-Hop Album?

AuthorMessage
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
July 21st, 2006 at 12:36pm
Hate rap never will like it.....Wouldn't buy it...
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
July 21st, 2006 at 10:51pm
lmfao

billie would prolly change his name to B-Joe Arms or something lmfao
Love Like Winter™
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Love Like Winter™
July 21st, 2006 at 10:56pm
I'll think about it for a while then I'll see if I buy it,but I might. Think javascript:emoticon('Think')
Think
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
July 22nd, 2006 at 03:50pm
do this> lmfao then go up to billie and do this> pk Crazy while thinking> Asshole
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
July 23rd, 2006 at 04:30am
Cigarettes And Valentines:
I heard he doesn't rap anymore...am I correct? Confused

No.
ZootSuitRiot
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ZootSuitRiot

Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:27am
kill myself
Cheekie Ellie [Elliepop]
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cheekie Ellie [Elliepop]

Mibba
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:28am
The Gangsta of Love™:
You know, Billie Joe would have cornrows, Tre would have an afro, and Mike would shave his head. They could rap about anything....but just imagine it. Would you stop liking Green Day, or blindly continue to like Green Day, or maybe buy the album for novelty purposes or bragging rights?

i would be shocked

my bladder would break

i'd pee myself

and ignore the hip hop album and continue to bask in the ROCK days.

fucking hiphop gangstas. i hate them.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:35am
cant stand hiphop. or rap. its chavvy
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:38am
I'd be all "Eh" or all "o_O"
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:22pm
No way. They would never do that, they chose rock, they better stick with it. I would never buy their new rap album.
FILTHxFURY
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FILTHxFURY
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:28pm
Hmmmm, Let's see. I would SLAP THEM! They wouldn't though, after what they were rasied like I never heard "And Bllie Joe's parents listened to rap, Tre's parents were into the ghetto scene, and Mike's mom was a husla on the streets a Oakland" NO! They were all raised with rock music around them. They probably never even considered it, unless I missed something, shoulda woulda coulda DIDNT!
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:40pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
cant stand hiphop. or rap. its chavvy
Yup. -_-
Fever_and_Mirrors
Geek
Fever_and_Mirrors
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:49pm
I would cry my eyes out from laughter and sadness at the same time...if they did they should collaberate with Mike Skinner of the Streets.Then it would kick ass!!!!!
but i would still buy it...i mean...c'mon....its green day! They can do whatever the fuck they want.
wish_you_were_here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
wish_you_were_here
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:53pm
I'd be scared...cos rappers would be taking over the world ...so i'd commit suicide while listening to Dookie...
And...no...i wouldn't buy it cos i'd be dead...
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:17pm
FILTHxFURY:
Hmmmm, Let's see. I would SLAP THEM! They wouldn't though, after what they were rasied like I never heard "And Bllie Joe's parents listened to rap, Tre's parents were into the ghetto scene, and Mike's mom was a husla on the streets a Oakland" NO! They were all raised with rock music around them. They probably never even considered it, unless I missed something, shoulda woulda coulda DIDNT!

i know people that were raised around hip hop & stuff that like similar stuff to me. if they had independant minds i think they'd be able to make their own decisions about music. which i hope they have,

i say - do whatever you want!
-*Tay Cool*-
Geek
-*Tay Cool*-
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:41pm
Rebel_Junkie:
i would but it and listen to it becuase they're Green Day but i would wonder what posesed them to make it and would probably hate it... unless it was Tre rapping and it was like one big joke thing... then i would laugh

I don't get why people are all "I'd lisiten to it, because it's Green Day!"
I don't like rap. I know I haven't heard all of it, but what i've heard, I dislike. Yeah. But really, why lisiten to it just because it's green day? I think that's stupid.

On another note, I am literally shaking with laughter after reading your sig.
xstarry_nightsx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xstarry_nightsx
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:44pm
I couldn't take it seriously, and would think that they had either been kidnapped and forced to do it, had been extremely high when recording and releasing it or had seriously changed their music taste!!
whatwasithinking
Geek
whatwasithinking

Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:45pm
Laugh. Then buy it just for the laugh.
-*Tay Cool*-
Geek
-*Tay Cool*-
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:46pm
lyrical_mess52:
God people. Not all rap is bad. Will Smith is pretty good. I like Eminem. And Fort Minor is excellent. You all know Linkin Park....MMike Shinoda has a side project called Fort Minor. And it is excellent! And I love it!

And if Green Day did rap, they would be the shizz. RHYTHM AND POETRY PEOPLE!!!!

Rap is not about raping people and having sex with random club chicks. Its self expression, just like rock and metal or whatever the hell you're into, even if that happens to be random screaming hobos. And well, if some people feel that they need to express themselves by talking about sex all the time...O_o.

Kanye West. he's okay too. yeah.

So message is, if Green Day did rap, it would probably be good. But Mike's voice would be the best for it. Because its deep. When he talks...yeah.

Kay, first, lmfao
Also, i, personally, understand that Rap is about expressing yourself, and it's music, just like rock, metal, or anything else. And I know that not all rap songs are about sex and stuff.
I just don't like the way it sounds....
Some of it is tolerable, but i really don't like it.
Not because I'm all "Omg i hate rap!" but because if it comes on the radio, I genreally hear it, and thne go "ew. turn that shit off".
Yet my friend has a rap song on her Ipod that i lisiten to over and over again.
So foshizz.
Cool

Edit:
I just have to add th fact that I don't even like Linkin Park, so, yeah...
Never knew they were rap influenced. Hmm.
Now i'm gonna get killed by Linkin park obsessors, aren't i...
-*Tay Cool*-
Geek
-*Tay Cool*-
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:50pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Cigarettes And Valentines:
Give Be Novacaine!!1:
D U C K.:
Give Be Novacaine!!1:
DirntyGirly93:
Tre Cool likes rap, but Green Day hares Eminem. But Em is cool, I like some of his songs

I think that's not true, if you meant 'hate'. Neutral

I read somewhere that Billie Joe doesn't like Eminem, but I think he doens't hate him...

I read somewhere that they listened to Eminem before they recorded Ai ..
Yes, I did too...Think...

In an interview with AP I believe, Billie Joe said he disliked Emeniem for his slanderous lyrics and deragoaroty views towards women. i think it was AP

that's why I don't like him. I mean, I liked Eminim before I actually read what the songs said. Then I was all "righty. now....new music time."
Register