paying for public transportation ...

AuthorMessage
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
August 8th, 2006 at 11:59am
I don't have to pay anything to ride the bus. I think kids have the right to ride the bus without their parents paying a fortune because some people's parents work in the morning or they can't walk, and they have no other way to get to school. It probably comes out of tax money here.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
August 8th, 2006 at 12:34pm
deal with it. if you had the energy/botheredness you COULD walk. it might take a long time, but its still possible. about £60 for a whole school year is pretty damn good.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 8th, 2006 at 12:35pm
Pastor of Muppets:
deal with it. if you had the energy/botheredness you COULD walk. it might take a long time, but its still possible. about £60 for a whole school year is pretty damn good.

What if it's dangerous for them to walk? And there is people who live over 15 miles away from my school, are you telling them to walk?
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
August 8th, 2006 at 12:51pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
What if it's dangerous for them to walk? And there is people who live over 15 miles away from my school, are you telling them to walk?

no but if youre paying £60 to travel 15 miles a day for probably over half of the year, its not evactly a rip-off is it.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 9th, 2006 at 06:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Pastor of Muppets:

if they live 15miles away from school then yes they should have transport but pay for it, the school budgets can only go so far, and i dare say the school wants to concentrate on getting a decent education for the children already in school. Special needs child need a big slice of the budget.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 9th, 2006 at 09:52am
Life is hard, right.

So you might live miles away from school. So it might be "dangerous" for you to walk. Well, its tough, but deal with it. It isn't fair to make somebody else pay for you, same as it isn't fair that you have to pay, but at the end of the day nothing comes for free in this world. If you want an education, there are sacrifices you have to make for that.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 9th, 2006 at 02:41pm
Bloodraine:
Life is hard, right.

So you might live miles away from school. So it might be "dangerous" for you to walk. Well, its tough, but deal with it. It isn't fair to make somebody else pay for you, same as it isn't fair that you have to pay, but at the end of the day nothing comes for free in this world. If you want an education, there are sacrifices you have to make for that.

everyone has a right to education. deal with it. its not like school buses are that expensive, but some people could easily walk, but are too lazy, yeah. on the other hand, some people would have to get up at like 5 in the morning to walk to school, so its much easier to get the bus.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2006 at 03:43pm
I used to live five miles from school. And there where hills in between my bed and my school. And my uniform includes a short skirt. And this was in Canada. Winter was hell, but fun. Slipping on all that ice.
Charlie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Charlie!
August 9th, 2006 at 05:57pm
I live out in the countryside, if I were to walk to school it would take a good 3 hours or so and it's an extremly busy A road. Walking along it would be suicide so the only option is the bus. My mum gives me and my younger brother the money each week for a weekly ticket. Mine costs £12 and his costs £8.
So £20 a week. This amounts to £80 a month.
When I joined the sixth form I'm at now I was offered subsidised bus fare as I lived so far out, but the county council pulled the whole thing before I could even sign up for it.
My school used to run a free school bus, but they had to pull it because they couldn't afford it. Given the choice right now I would gladly pay them £60 a year to pick me up from school every morning.
I think it's fair for them to charge to pick you up, it's not very much, especially since it lasts you the whole school year.
Register