The Phenomenauts

AuthorMessage
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
September 28th, 2006 at 02:39pm
The Phenomenauts. Greatest band in the galaxy.
http://www.myspace.com/thephenomenauts
http://www.phenomenauts.com/

About the Phenomenauts:

Transmission: The Phenomenauts are contacting you from the future. To make a long story short, Professor Greg has been practicing his video gaming skills on the Timewasterator. After beating the 1981 Capcom game "GALAGA", the screen went black and then red and then black again. That's when we were sucked into the Timewaisterator and transported into the future..... While in the future we saw all of you at the shows listed below. You danced to the new songs and all the Phenoma-gadgets worked, and since you brought all of your friends, you were the toast of the planet. After the show you bought a Phenomenauts T-Shirt with the new design, which landed you that high paying modeling contract. Now that we have told you what the future holds, don't mess around. Not going could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy. The Future is in your hands.... For all the latest Phenomenauts Gear go to: www.interpunk.com Science Quote of the Month: "When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil".-Jack Handey Science and Honor =The Phenomenauts= End Transmission:

Imagine if the The Kinks, Devo, Stray Cats and The Ventures were galactic pioneers and joined forces to defend earth's right to "rocket roll." Combine that with a fast driving blend of punk, pop, rockabilly, solid songwriting and a smart Sci-Fi theme and you've got one of San Francisco's most talked about bands, The Phenomenauts.

Conceived in the amazing year 2000, The Phenomenauts gained early recognition as the east bay's "craftiest and bravest band" (East Bay Express) for their now infamous commando-style performances in which they set up in front of large music venues and perform rollicking sets for unsuspecting crowds. These early "missions" gained them a loyal following and landed them on the cover of multiple bay area publications including The San Francisco Weekly, The East Bay Express and Independent Musician Magazine. In 2003, the Phenomenauts pulled off their most impressive commando run to date where they literally scammed their way into the 2003 Warped Tour.

"We showed up at six in the morning, and we pretty much just followed the line of buses in," says major Jimmy Boom, drummer. "The next morning, we got up and cooked everybody breakfast in Portland. The first people we hit actually made the passes. We brought them breakfast burritos right where they were making credentials and they took our picture, gave us passes and we stayed on the tour for a month and a half."

The following year, the band did not need a spatula or breakfast burritos to gain entry. With rock solid musicianship and undeniable showmanship, they impressed Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman so much, they received an official invitation to the Vans Warped Tour 2004. Having just completed the two month run, the band earned critical acclaim and out of 98 bands The Philadelphia Inquirer noted that "The Phenomenauts and Flogging Molly were among the best of the tour... playing a swinging amalgam of dusty garage rock and new wave."

The Phenomenauts also gained recognition from their peers with shout-outs on stage from NoFx's lead singer Fat Mike as "one of the best bands on tour." Local Oakland heroes Green Day are long time fans and have been spotted helping to sell the band's merchandise after shows.

The current line-up is: Commander Angel Nova, vocals/guitar; Corporal Joe Bot, vocals/guitar; Major Jimmy Boom, drums; Captain Chreehos, stand-up bass; and Professor Greg Arius on key's and effects. The Phenomenauts are more than a band; they are a lifestyle. They call their shows "missions" and their fans "cadets" who are consider part of the show. The Phenomenauts set the tone for a rising subculture of fans that want less cynicism and more hope and anticipation for the future.
christie road
Addict
christie road
September 28th, 2006 at 02:56pm
SPASTIC GZA

Surprised The Phenomenauts

I havent listened to them in such a long time

I like them though Cassie

Ill post the info needed before this is locked Cool
christie road
Addict
christie road
September 28th, 2006 at 02:58pm
http://www.myspace.com/thephenomenauts
http://www.phenomenauts.com/

About thephenomenauts

Transmission: The Phenomenauts are contacting you from the future. To make a long story short, Professor Greg has been practicing his video gaming skills on the Timewasterator. After beating the 1981 Capcom game "GALAGA", the screen went black and then red and then black again. That's when we were sucked into the Timewaisterator and transported into the future..... While in the future we saw all of you at the shows listed below. You danced to the new songs and all the Phenoma-gadgets worked, and since you brought all of your friends, you were the toast of the planet. After the show you bought a Phenomenauts T-Shirt with the new design, which landed you that high paying modeling contract. Now that we have told you what the future holds, don't mess around. Not going could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy. The Future is in your hands.... For all the latest Phenomenauts Gear go to: www.interpunk.com Science Quote of the Month: "When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil".-Jack Handey Science and Honor =The Phenomenauts= End Transmission:
I Heart Bunney
Falling In Love With The Board
I Heart Bunney
September 28th, 2006 at 03:06pm
There album is cool.
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
September 29th, 2006 at 02:05pm
christie road:
SPASTIC GZA

Surprised The Phenomenauts

I havent listened to them in such a long time

I like them though Cassie

Ill post the info needed before this is locked Cool

Mucho gracias. Cool
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
September 29th, 2006 at 02:20pm
July 7th, 924 Gilman

Haha, I'm in this picture.
christie road
Addict
christie road
September 29th, 2006 at 05:57pm
Where Ah

PiNK Hair?
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 2nd, 2006 at 02:09pm
No, the one with the mohawk and glasses next to her. I didn't do it up that day.
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 2nd, 2006 at 02:17pm
At the last show I went to, my friend Katie went up to JoeBot 2.0 and told him it was her birthday and gave him a goodie bag. He actually put on the stick on mustache and it was a beautiful moment.
christie road
Addict
christie road
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:06pm
Spastic Society (o.g):
No, the one with the mohawk and glasses next to her. I didn't do it up that day.
Oh.

Cassie
christie road
Addict
christie road
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:06pm
Spastic Society (o.g):
At the last show I went to, my friend Katie went up to JoeBot 2.0 and told him it was her birthday and gave him a goodie bag. He actually put on the stick on mustache and it was a beautiful moment.
Did she take a picture OMGyes
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 12th, 2006 at 10:48pm
Pft, nah. It was pretty great though.
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 15th, 2006 at 11:30am
I could have saw them last night. But I saw Ghost Mice at Gilman instead.
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 26th, 2006 at 02:43pm
I'm going to the annual Zombie Party at the Command Center tomorrow. Pretty juiced.
Baby Im An Anarchist
Geek
Baby Im An Anarchist
March 5th, 2007 at 05:31pm
Can't wait to see them on the 29th
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
March 6th, 2007 at 12:47am
Yeah, Chelsey bought my ticket yesterday. Wooo.
Baby Im An Anarchist
Geek
Baby Im An Anarchist
March 6th, 2007 at 12:59am
Awesome!
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
March 6th, 2007 at 01:57am
Yeah, but I forgot to tell her that Trisha is going, so she didn't get hers.
Baby Im An Anarchist
Geek
Baby Im An Anarchist
March 6th, 2007 at 02:07am
Awwww lame.
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
March 6th, 2007 at 02:15am
But we'll figure something out, I suppose.
Register