is Tom Cruise dangerous?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 5th, 2007 at 06:48am
Bayside:
I think that, its fine for him to believe whatever he believes, but he is one of the most revered stars today and many many many people act and imitate him in an effort to.. i dunno be him?
but yeah, he has a lot of power over people.

mnay poeple will copy him and that is the thing i am worried about, how many mums and dads have taken they're children of medication that they need because he has said they should?
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
March 7th, 2007 at 11:44pm
Fire At Will.:
I totally don't get scientology. Like, what is it? I mean, what are their beliefs and stuff?

The Church of Scientology says that Scientology is concerned with "the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life."[9] By contrast, Dianetics is more narrowly focused on getting rid of the reactive mind, the "bank" of traumatic memories known as engrams which are said to inhibit one's success and happiness.[10] Scientology also covers topics such as ethics and morality (The Way to Happiness), drug and chemical residues as they relate to spiritual wellbeing (the Purification Rundown), communication, marriage, raising children, work-related problems, education (Study Technology), and the very nature of life (The Dynamics).

Scientology practices are structured in sequential series or levels, reflecting Hubbard's belief that rehabilitation takes place on a step-by-step "gradient"; for example, that the negative effects of drugs must be addressed before other issues can be "handled". Scientologists follow a sequence of courses that culminate in the esoteric advanced strata of Scientology's teachings. This is described as a passage along "the Bridge to Total Freedom", or simply "the Bridge," in which each step of the Bridge promises a little more personal freedom in some particular area of life.

Some central tenets of Scientology:

A person is an immortal spiritual being (termed a thetan) who possesses a mind and a body.
The thetan has lived through many past lives and will continue to live beyond the death of the body.
Through the Scientology process of "auditing", one can free oneself of "engrams" and "implants" to reach the state of "Clear", and after that, the state of "Operating Thetan". Each state is said to represent recovering the native spiritual abilities of the individual, and to confer dramatic mental and physical benefits.
A person is basically good, but becomes "aberrated" by moments of pain and unconsciousness in his or her life.
What is true for you is what you have observed yourself. No beliefs should be forced as "true" on anyone. Thus, the tenets of Scientology are expected to be tested and seen to either be true or not by Scientology practitioners.
Psychiatry and psychology are evil and abusive practices.[11]
Scientology claims to offer "exact" methods of spiritual counseling to help people achieve awareness of their spiritual existence, while enhancing their effectiveness in the physical world. The exact nature of all of existence is said to be stated in Hubbard's Scientology and Dianetics Axioms.

According to the Church, the ultimate goal is to get the soul (thetan) back to its native state of total freedom, thus gaining control over matter, energy, space, time, thoughts, form, and life. This freed state is called Operating Thetan, or OT for short.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
Vanity
Vanity
March 8th, 2007 at 12:19am
Lucifers Angel:
mnay poeple will copy him and that is the thing i am worried about, how many mums and dads have taken they're children of medication that they need because he has said they should?

Up until you wrote that, I just thought he was some egotistical wannabe-know-it-all. My grandma (who is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, and needs medication to keep her from hurting everyone) has and attitude kind of like his. She thinks whatever she preaches and says is law, and everybody else is wrong about everything.
But now that you mention the influence he can have on people, I do sort of think he's kind of dangerous. I know I wouldn't want a million people acting like my grandma because Tom Cruise said it's not natural to take medication. I don't think Scientology is dangerous, only Tom's influence on people.
I think he just needs to take a step back, and look and actually grasp what his words can ultimately do to hundreds, or millions of people and kids everywhere.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 9th, 2007 at 11:30am
There's a new human psychology theory saying that schizophrenia does not infact exist.
Vanity
Vanity
March 10th, 2007 at 02:07am
Anji:
There's a new human psychology theory saying that schizophrenia does not infact exist.

W. O. W.

I can't understand how a person would say that something like that does not exist.
I don't know if there is a difference between paranoid schizophrenics and just regular schizophrenics, (so I'm basing this on my knowledge of the paranoids) but maybe if those researches who concluded that theory had dealt with the disease and the effects it has on the families of the person with it, maybe they would realize how much it DOES exist.
My grandma is a paranoid schizophrenic, and will physically try to convince everyone in my family how much the 'government' is out to get her or try to poison her. She has moved thousands of miles away from her home just to try to 'escape their evil ways', she will take her old air filters to the police station in town here and try to convince the police that her husband is under the control of the government and trying to kill her with air borne chemicals and diseases. She has even tried to send them off to laboratories to have them tested for chemicals and diseases. She's called everyone in my family just to tell them "I don't really give a shit about you guys anymore." then she'll hang up and not speak to anyone for weeks. She just does these outrageous things when she doesn't take her meds, or has a really bad day....I could write a book on the things she has said and done over the years I've known her.
But when she is on her medication, she is the sweetest and kindest person on Earth. She's a saint when she's on her medications. She's the true person she would be if she didn't have this disease.

I know that's really off topic but I really have strong feelings about a theory that outrageous.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 12:03pm
Vanity:
Anji:

W. O. W.

I can't understand how a person would say that something like that does not exist.
I don't know if there is a difference between paranoid schizophrenics and just regular schizophrenics, (so I'm basing this on my knowledge of the paranoids) but maybe if those researches who concluded that theory had dealt with the disease and the effects it has on the families of the person with it, maybe they would realize how much it DOES exist.
My grandma is a paranoid schizophrenic, and will physically try to convince everyone in my family how much the 'government' is out to get her or try to poison her. She has moved thousands of miles away from her home just to try to 'escape their evil ways', she will take her old air filters to the police station in town here and try to convince the police that her husband is under the control of the government and trying to kill her with air borne chemicals and diseases. She has even tried to send them off to laboratories to have them tested for chemicals and diseases. She's called everyone in my family just to tell them "I don't really give a shit about you guys anymore." then she'll hang up and not speak to anyone for weeks. She just does these outrageous things when she doesn't take her meds, or has a really bad day....I could write a book on the things she has said and done over the years I've known her.
But when she is on her medication, she is the sweetest and kindest person on Earth. She's a saint when she's on her medications. She's the true person she would be if she didn't have this disease.

I know that's really off topic but I really have strong feelings about a theory that outrageous.
It's kinda a weird theory and very complex, but until I understand it, I don't believe it. It's just cause in our psychology class I found this recent article about it and we studied it in class. Nobody got it. Even the teacher didn't really understand. It has something to do with the bridging of neurons creating alternate or extreme thoughts, but I still don't get how it's different from the original theory of schizophrenia.
Between Halloweens.
Banned
Between Halloweens.
March 16th, 2007 at 10:16am
I think he's a danger... but not much as so that Micheal Jackson is.. he's dangerous.. as Tre said.. around your young son.

I think people are going to keep making up religions to fit their lifestyle and mood. Maybe the surroundings around them.. people who influence them. Maybe the space and the stars influence the way in which the things that they believe. Oooo I think I posted this in the wrong damn thread too! Ooopz
Register