Bono

AuthorMessage
RhymesLikeDimes
King For A Couple Of Days
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 27th, 2007 at 08:05pm
Dujo has given permission to make this thread.

*gasp* It's BONO!

Well, once a pon a time, on May 10, 1960, a baby boy name Paul David Hewson was born.

ImageHow cute.

Bono, or Paul, was raised in Glasnevin, Ireland. His mother was Iris Rankin Hewson and his father was Brendan Robert Hewson. His mom was a Protestant and his dad was a Roman Catholic. "The country [Ireland] was almost at civil war along religious lines, with a Catholic power base running this new nation" Bono says, "Protestantism was seen as the faith of our former masters, the invaders' religion." This made his parents getting married almost immoral to some people, but they got married anyway. Bono cried and screamed as a baby so much that his parents brought him to the hospital to see "what was wrong with the screaming child." Bono expresses. The doctors thought he might've had a heart problem.
"I came into the world crying and apparently, I cried for three years. The crying stopped on the first day I went to school. I remember that day. A boy came up to my best mate and bit his ear, and I took that kid's head and banged it on some iron railings"-Bono
Bono's mother died when he was 14. She died from a cerebral aneurysm at her father's funeral, September 10, 1974. Bono says he almost forgot what she looked like because his dad and the rest of the family never talked about it. Bono questioned many things and he had stress about his mother's death. For a 14 year old's head, it was too much. He thought about suicide. "I was thinking too hard about everything." Bono says.
"In despair, I did pray to God. And I discovered that, even sometimes in silence, God does answer. The answer may not be the one you want to hear, but there's always an answer, if you are serious, if you are ready to let go."-Bono

In 1975, Bono met Alison (Ali) Stewart. He met her at his school. They married on August 21, 1982. They have 4 kids. Jordan Hewson was born on May 10, 1989 (Bono's 29th birthday present. Cool), Memphis Eve Hewson was born on July 7, 1991(daughters) and Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q...Hewson (XD) was born on August 19, 1999, and John Abraham Hewson was born on May 21, 2001 (sons).
About those big-ass glasses...
"[I have] very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day. My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. So it's part vanity, it's part privacy, and part sensitivity." Bono explains.
Where did the name Bono come from?
During his teen year, he and his friends were part of a surrealist street gang called "Lypton Village" They would give each other nick names. FIRST, Paul was Steinvic von Huyseman, SECOND he was Huyseman THIRD Houseman FOURTH Bon Murray FIFTH Bono Vox of O'Connell Street SIXTH AND FINAL, Bono.
Bono Vox in latin means "good voice" Bonus=good and translated in the second declension and Dative or Accusative case is "Bonō" and "vōcē" is voice, translated in the third declension and vocative case, it's "Vōx". Get it? Didn't think so

Where is the man now?
Of course, he is the lead singer and lyricist of the best band ever, in my world, U2. He is also an activist for helping Africa and the AIDS epidemic. He lives in Killiney in south County Dublin, Ireland. He lives with his family. Good boy. :]

U2's website
SHIZZZ.
Geek
SHIZZZ.
March 27th, 2007 at 10:08pm
ZOMGZZ.
Bono is my ultimate hero.
He's a great singer and songwriter.
And and activist.
He's such an inspiration for me.
Yay fo Bono.
Screaming Photo Op.
Screaming Photo Op.

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 12:07am
Cheese PEOPLE ARE WANKERS.
And, I have found my new home. Ah

Bono is teh pwn. Cool
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 12:17am
Sell Out.BonoVox.:
Where did the name Bono come from?
During his teen year, he and his friends were part of a surrealist street gang called "Lypton Village" They would give each other nick names. FIRST, Paul was Steinvic von Huyseman, SECOND he was Huyseman THIRD Houseman FOURTH Bon Murray FIFTH Bono Vox of O'Connell Street SIXTH AND FINAL, Bono.
Bono Vox in latin means "good voice" Bonus=good and translated in the second declension and Dative or Accusative case is "Bonō" and "vōcē" is voice, translated in the third declension and vocative case, it's "Vōx". Get it? Didn't think so
You know, I actually did not know that. I thought he just walked by it [the shop] one day and decided he liked the name. WTF Yeah, weird, I know. I thought another possibility was that someone like Edge or something gave it to him.
I didn't know he went through different names and stuff.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
March 28th, 2007 at 01:25am
you know what's weird, i didn't know he was married =P doesn't stop me from loving him haha.

but yah, bono's great. great vocals and great person. he does so much and it benefits a lot of people. good job dude.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 01:31am
Franny.:
you know what's weird, i didn't know he was married =P doesn't stop me from loving him haha.

but yah, bono's great. great vocals and great person. he does so much and it benefits a lot of people. good job dude.
He actually doesn't really wear his wedding band that much. I didn't know he was married either for the longest time because I've only ever seen him with the ring on his pinky which is some Irish thing, if I've not mistaken.

And I do agree. I love all the humanitarian work he does. If he doesn't save the world, who will? Ah
RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 09:31pm
You know what's weird? A pinky ring for men is like a sign of a mafia. lmfao So when I first saw that, I was like, "O_O" But I guess it's an irish thing.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 09:33pm
Sell Out.BonoVox.:
You know what's weird? A pinky ring for men is like a sign of a mafia. lmfao So when I first saw that, I was like, "O_O" But I guess it's an irish thing.
lmfao

No, no. It's an Irish thing that the men do. They pass down this ring among the males in the family. Gah, I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but I remember reading about it when someone asked why Bono never wore his wedding band, but wore that pinky ring all the time. And he does wear it all the time! I don't think I've seen him without it. O.o
Edit: And I'm actually kinda tempted to try and find that article or whatever it was I was reading that said something about that.
RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 09:35pm
Ooh ok. I was like, "He's....gone Sopranos" O_O lmfao
RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 28th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Serena, i'm gonna go make a blog. Sooo, if you get the article, just post the link so I can read it. Hug

EDIT: i'm back. Dance
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
March 29th, 2007 at 06:14pm
You know, I didn't find the article. I was looking and look for it all over. BUT! Bono got his knighthood today!

From U2.com

A Knighthood for Bono

In Dublin this morning the British Ambassador, David Reddaway, presented Bono with an honorary knighthood on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen in recognition of his services to the music industry and for his humanitarian work.

‘What a great year for an Irishman to receive an award from Great Britain. ‘ said Bono after receiving the award. ‘The Peace process has proceeded to a conclusion, debt cancellation - started in Great Britain - has put 20 million African children in school, The Happy Mondays and Shaun Ryder have reformed, England's rugby squad entered Croke Park to thunderous applause, silence for God Save The Queen, then the Irish hammered them. I couldn't be more proud.
‘I would like to thank Her Majesty's Ambassador for pinning this award on me in my home town, and the band for not bursting my balloon.’

Family and friends joined Bono for the private ceremony at Glencairn, the Ambassadors residence – Edge and Adam were there along with Guggi and Gavin Friday.

The Ambassador said that the honorary knighthood recognised ‘Bono’s extraordinary and inspirational campaigning to fight global poverty and focus international attention on the plight of Africa; the AIDS pandemic; and the third world debt crisis.’

‘He has played a key role in persuading governments and international institutions to wipe out many of the old debts owed by the poorest countries. We in the UK particularly appreciated his work during our G8 and EU Presidencies in 2005, which we were determined would produce real benefits for Africa.

‘We are delighted that Bono has accepted this honour, and look forward to his continued efforts alongside ours to raise awareness and change policies to improve the lives of the poorest people in the world.’

After the ceremony Bono joked with reporters that "you can call me pretty much anything you want, except sir. You can call me lord of lords or a demi-god."

More news and photos on the way.

RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 29th, 2007 at 07:00pm
YAY BONO'S A KNIGHT!! I expect to see metal armour. Coffee
clark
GSBitch
clark
March 30th, 2007 at 07:08am
So, uh, if he gets a thread why don't the frontmen of any other band get one?
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
March 30th, 2007 at 07:32am
Loser Kid:

Yeeeeeah. I'm thinking that too.
RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 30th, 2007 at 03:23pm
Cause some people complain about us talking about Bono. Ask Dujo if you really want to and have a valid reason.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
March 30th, 2007 at 03:53pm
Cassette:
Loser Kid:

Yeeeeeah. I'm thinking that too.
People complained about us when we'd mention Bono in the PMB. Dujo gave us permission to make this thread because of that.

And I am well aware that people would wonder your concern. Like said above, ask Dujo, he gave us permission.
clark
GSBitch
clark
March 31st, 2007 at 05:54am
...But...there's a U2 thread!
RhymesLikeDimes
RhymesLikeDimes

Mibba
March 31st, 2007 at 10:55am
People were complaining about us talking about Bono. So Dujo was kind enough to let us make a Bono thread. This is a Bono thread. And we're supposed to use it for talking about BONO. So I don't want to discuss this any further. Nough said.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
March 31st, 2007 at 03:11pm
I thought his real name was Bono. XD
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 31st, 2007 at 05:46pm
uh. I like how he saves our planet. ~~
Register