Harry Potter Fanfiction.

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 10:41am
Being the Official Fanfiction Freak, I thought this was appropriate. And we're getting off topic and discussing fanfics in other threads, so it needs its own thread anyway.

This is where we discuss pairings and plotlines, cliches and Mary Sues. What we like and don't like. In other words: everything and anything pertaining to Harry Potter fanfiction.

Also, Hermione/Sev pairings own you all.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 10:46am
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 10:47am
That site is my heaven.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:03am
I need to find the link for my favorite Lupin fanfiction. OMGyes
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 1st, 2007 at 11:07am
I cannot STAND OCs in Harry Potter. I mean, the odd one who we haven't been introduced to before and stuff yeah, but someone who's central to the plot, it's just like NAAAAAH.

And I don't like it when Hermione suddenly becomes the most gorgeous girl in the world, and the blokes are queueing up for her...cos she's not the most gorgeous girl in the world, I'm not saying she's ugly, but it's just SO shallow when they make her like that.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:09am
True. Its all right when its a minor character OC. But "Two girls from France come to Hogwarts and all the wizards are drooling" type stories just piss me off.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 1st, 2007 at 11:15am
Yeah, and I hate it when they turn Draco into a softie.

It's like yeah, he's a tortured soul, we all know that, but he's not going to chance in a split second.

Aaaaaaaand I don't like it when people can't do the dialect right...because on FF.net, LOADS of the HP stories are by Americans, and they completely Americanise the whole thing...which you can't do when it's a properly British thing. Arghhhhhh.

Even if it's just Mom instead of Mum, I mean, it's accentssssssss people! That really puts me off a story. I mean, it's not just Americans, but they're the ones the really stand out in my mind.

I can tell I'm about to rant....and I should stop but one teeny tiny last thing - "I'm going to sleep some".

I'M SORRY, WHERE DOES SOME FIT IN THAT SENTENCE? Arrrrrrgh. SO many people do that and I don't get why?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:19am
Yeah, that's what I hate. I don't mind stories with American slang as opposed to British, considering I'm learning British slang now. I used to have to go to urbandictionary for almost everything in British-written stories. But when Americans try to use British language...it's awful. It just sounds stupid.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 1st, 2007 at 11:26am
Yeah, I mean it's easy for me to say cos I'm a London girl, but I think if you take note of the language in the books you can get a fair idea.

It's not like they use a hell of a lot of British slang in the books though, well...not too much. I would absolutely love to see the day when Harry goes up to Voldemort and says "Yo blad, me and my bredrin are gonna shank you up big time!"

I think there's a line that most good writers (or at least sensible people) don't cross when it comes to slang, so it's not too bad.

Oooh, there's a story that I REALLY loved, it's for the intellectually minded, I'll just go and hunt it down.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 1st, 2007 at 11:28am
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2603288/1/

It's called The Nietzsche Classes. It's REALLY good. I stayed up all night reading it.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:30am
My cousin writes harry potter fanfiction, her author name is MichelleLupin.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:46am
I used to. But I deleted all mine because it was god-awful. I'm starting over.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:47am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Yeah, I mean it's easy for me to say cos I'm a London girl, but I think if you take note of the language in the books you can get a fair idea.

It's not like they use a hell of a lot of British slang in the books though, well...not too much. I would absolutely love to see the day when Harry goes up to Voldemort and says "Yo blad, me and my bredrin are gonna shank you up big time!".

lmfao lmfao lmfao

But I meant stuff like "Come off it!". People don't say that in the US. Or at least not in New Jersey. Like, in HP5 when Ron says "Come off it! You're in a right state!" that seems slangy to me or at least kind of dialect-ish because its not language I normally hear.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 1st, 2007 at 11:54am
Yeah, that's dialect. Slang is more like...I dunno.

Ron said Innit in one of the books.. that's slang. Although it made me chuckle cos no one says it these days.

They say Issssit? (Is it?)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:03pm
lyrical_mess:
I used to. But I deleted all mine because it was god-awful. I'm starting over.

My cousin is doing a creative writing degree, she's really good. no grammar mistakes what so ever. Retard
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:06pm
I have to say my favorite pairing ever is hermione with one of the twins

I just love it. like a ying and yang.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:10pm
Cheese I want to marry you NeoSteph. I love Hermione with a twin. There was this phase on ff.net where everyone kept writing stories with Hermione as the lead and both Fred and George wanted her. About three years ago.

But I love the pairing. Its right up there with Hermione/Sev. Hermione/Harry people are just sick.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:13pm
lyrical_mess:
Cheese I want to marry you NeoSteph. I love Hermione with a twin. There was this phase on ff.net where everyone kept writing stories with Hermione as the lead and both Fred and George wanted her. About three years ago.

But I love the pairing. Its right up there with Hermione/Sev. Hermione/Harry people are just sick.

i've read like...all of them Cheese this one person is writing one called ''not everything'' and only updates a chapter every 3 months!!!!!!1 it's omg i love it.

I think the harmony ship has sunk...thanks to emerson on mugglenet.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:14pm
Is it on fanfiction.net?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 12:15pm
lyrical_mess: