The Matrix

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 14th, 2008 at 01:24pm
Anji:
Lol. You need a really good teacher in order for TOK to be enjoyable. I was fortunate enough that my EE supervisor was a TOK teacher and he was my English teacher as well, we were on friendly terms so he helped me out with a lot of the TOK material.

'The Cave' can be interpreted in so many ways though, almost ultimately about anything. In my opinion, Plato believed that this person was a messiah type figure in that he was the one that held the truth, while the other could either reject his ideas or have faith in them.

Lamo, love the use of TOK vocabulary by the way. I'm sure you're teacher would be proud.

STFU! Finger My TOK teacher is this 50 year old wench who hates everyone except her daughter and ignores me when my hand is up and then tells me I participate too much!! WHEN I GOT THE HIGHEST TEST GRADE IN THE CLASS.

Plus TOK is so so so so so confusing. She made us do those ridiculous Venn diagrams and I got so lost. </angry spam>
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 14th, 2008 at 01:28pm
Back on topic: who the hell put those prisoners there anyway?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 01:13am
lyrical_mess:
Back on topic: who the hell put those prisoners there anyway?
Depends which view point you take. If you consider it to be a story about faith and religion, then the Devil put them there. If you're Hedonistic, then guilt is entrapping the prisoners. If you're utilitarian, then fear of consequences traps you; Marxism it's the ruling class trapping the proletariets; Existentialist it's your subjectivity; a Rationalist would say it's uncertainty. It all depends on the context of the situation really, and the vagueness only makes it better because it is so applicable to anything. Like Kafka's 'Metamorphosis'.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 01:50pm
I haven't read that yet. Coincidentally, I have to read it for my World Lit paper.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 03:50pm
lyrical_mess:
I haven't read that yet. Coincidentally, I have to read it for my World Lit paper.
It's brill, absolutely brill.

It is the world's most interpreted piece of literature and it's a mere novella. Only 38 pages and it's the world's most interpreted piece of literature. Kafka is a genius. It's a bit of a slow start maybe, but I loved every bit of it. It's meant to be comical and absurd, totally absurdist writing. What else are you doing for your World Lits?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 04:02am
[compeltely off topic] Um..Siddharatha, The Stranger, and Chronicle of a Death Foretold.
Register