Show: Silent Witness

AuthorMessage
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:11pm

K, thats tom ward aka hary aka mr hapy sexz. hes a deep (he can get deep wit me anytime amirite lol?) and emoshunal pathologist who fancys the ars off niki.

thats niki, shes prety sexy 2. shes even mor emoshunal than hary, who she fancys the ars off. shes played by emilia "rawr" fox(y vixen). they hav liek a father/son and a father/daughter relashunship with leo.

nao, i tink that leo is also sexz, but hay. nyway, hes the oldest wit the most experience (rawr eh?).

the sho is about dese guys cuttin up ded ppl 2 c what happnd 2 them.

dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:11pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:12pm
HARRY HARRY HARRY HARRY.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:12pm
I live here now
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:18pm
You and me both, babe.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 2nd, 2007 at 11:22pm
omg I've found the best re-caps everrrr!
They're from this girl of LJ

This is my fave.It makes me laugh

The episode begins with a girl called Clare Ashen finding a dead body in a dog’s cage. This girl, it transpires, is Lisa Finch. Lisa belonged to a group called the WAE, an animal rights group. Lisa is naked on the floor of the cage and there is a photo of her and another girl on the cage wall. I’m thinking whoever put her there was trying to make a point.

The next shot we see is Leo drinking coffee and reading files in his office. He’s going to be a character witness for his old buddy, Lionel Clune, at a GMC hearing. A man named Harvey then comes to see Leo to tell him to go see Lionel. They talk for a bit. Harvey says Lionel hasn’t done anything wrong except try and find a cure for Motor Neurone disease. Leo seems a bit unsure about whether Lionel had permission to use bits of brain for research.

Harry and Nikki have both been dragged out of bed by Bob Mumford, the obnoxious detective from series nine. Harry offers Nikki his car stereo and phone charger if she’ll stay with him. I love it when they have conversations like this. However, the good mood is quickly ruined when Nikki finds a letter addressed to Harry offering him a job in America. She is, understandably, upset that Harry didn’t tell her anything about this. Harry is already examining the body when Nikki joins him.

Meanwhile in a house somewhere, a man called Simon Traynor, who works for Intelligence, is examining another body: that of Jackie, personnel manager at Whittington. It looks like she committed suicide. Looks can be deceiving. And people really should know by now that people don’t just commit suicide on this program “ either they were murdered or on dodgy medication or coerced into doing it by Eggie Owen in the name of art.

Mumford is in a bad mood because Simon Traynor keeps ringing him up. Simon tells Mumford to look up Adrian Burney, the head of the WAE. Simon does not seem to like the WAE. Simon does not seem to like Mumford either. Nikki suggests that they cross-reference the diabetes database with missing persons to find out who the dead body is (because they don’t yet know that she is in fact Lisa Finch). Nikki finds a rust coloured residue under Lisa’s fingernails. This turns out to be important. Claire is not saying very much. Mumford thinks she’s deliberately keeping quiet, so gets Nikki to try and talk to her. Nikki doesn’t get very far either. All Clare says is that “they won’t stop him”.

Harry is back at the lab. Leo leaves Harvey to see what’s happening with Harry. Harry says he’s lumbered with the most obnoxious detective in London “ DCI Mumford. Seriously, way too many detectives in London are annoying and / or obnoxious. Anyway, Harry tells Leo about the job offer in America. Harry says he might take it; he’s a bit sick of all the police people involved in his job. Leo asks Harry what Nikki thinks of it; Harry, has, however, still not told Nikki. And apparently doesn’t know that Nikki knows.

Mumford is at Adrian’s flat, where forensics people are removing his stuff. Adrian’s flat has lots of animal rights stuff in it. And pictures of Claire, Lisa and the other girl in the photo found on Lisa’s cage. Simon tells Mumford about Claire, Adrian and Lisa.

Harry does the autopsy on Lisa and discovers that she’s had several of her molars ripped out. The roots are still in-situ. She has been tortured. That’s actually quite gross really, even for Silent Witness. And I have a thing about teeth: several years of braces has taught me to care about my teeth. Lisa also has puncture wounds in her mouth, suggesting she was injected with something. Anyway, Nikki has just discovered Lisa’s name. She was reported missing in September 2005. Lisa has no criminal record but she was cautioned for causing a disturbance outside the gates of Whittington. Nikki also checks out known associates for Adrian Burney: most importantly, there’s Claire Ashern, Robbie Sharpe and Lisa Finch. Robbie is important later. Simon thinks Adrian killed Lisa because he’s a terrorist or an anarchist or something like that. Simon says he has another body (presumably this is the body he thought was a suicide “ Jackie) and he wants a pathologist to look at Jackie’s body. Both Mumford and Simon are fairly obnoxious so it’s a really fun-filled scene when they’re together…

Leo, meanwhile, has gone to visit Lionel. Lionel is very enthusiastic and has two season tickets to Wasps. His hair amuses me: it’s all floppy. Every time he moves his head, his hair flops all over the place! Perhaps I am just easily amused. Lionel discusses the past. Leo asks if he had full consent to keep samples from Rufus Brown. Lionel has a letter that he says amounts to consent “ Amelia Brown wrote to him, begging for him to find out why her son died so young from Motor Neurone disease. Lionel’s wife, Sylvia, enters the room. She suffers from Motor Neurone disease. When Lionel leaves, she tells Leo that Rufus was probably the least of what Lionel was up to.

Nikki is watching Harry get dressed. Nikki waffles on about Claire knowing something but not telling her what it was. She then goes on to ask Harry what he would’ve done. I presume she’s going to bring up him not telling her about the job offer. And I’m right “ Nikki does ask him! And they have a hilarious argument: “Well, what did you think I’d do Harry? Crawl around the Science room wailing ‘please don’t go!’? I mean, just how pathetic do you think I am?” I love Nikki, I really do. And, y’know, kudos to Emilia and Tom for being fabulous actors. But, really, I love ‘em. Anyway, Harry gets a phone call to go see the other body: Jackie. Nikki is being decidedly grumpy with him. I’m amazed that Emilia can pull off looking grumpy and still look drop dead gorgeous.

Mumford returns and is very angry that Harry has gone to look at another body. Before Mumford can really get obnoxious, however, Lisa’s parents arrive. We then find out that the other girl in the picture is Lisa’s sister, Justine. Lisa’s father is pissed off at Adrian Burney.

Harry arrives at Jackie’s house and immediately realises that there is a possibility that Jackie did not commit suicide. If she had committed suicide, there wouldn’t be marks around her neck. Jackie also has the same markings in her mouth as Lisa “ the puncture marks “ but none of her teeth have been removed. Simon makes a point of reminding Harry that the WAE are terrorists. He then invites Harry along to see the sights at Whittington.

Nikki gets called out to a suspicious death next to a stream…river…running water. Whatever it is.

Leo arrives at the GMC hearing. Once I’d watched this episode once and got over the whole Nikki thing, I realised just how interesting the bits with Leo are. The first time around, I just wanted to see what happened to Nikki; the second time around, I actually paid attention to Leo’s bit. Amelia Brown starts off the trial with how she found out about the brain samples from Rufus that Lionel had kept illegally. The lawyer for Lionel shows Amelia Brown her letter to him, begging him to find out what happened to Rufus. Amelia says she didn’t write the letter to give him permission to keep bits of her son for his research.

Harry and darling Simon arrive at Whittington and are taken in to see Hewitt. Mumford barges in and is obnoxious. Hewitt says they’re all very distraught about Jackie’s death. He says Jackie was depressed. Simon tells him Jackie didn’t commit suicide; there is a possibility she was murdered.

Nikki, meanwhile, goes to find her body. It’s next to a busy road. I’m sure I’ve been on that road recently… Anyway, there isn’t any ID on the body, but there is a dog bite on the body and some marks that Harry later finds out are from barbed wire. Nikki finds the same golden powder under the dead guy’s fingernails as she did under Lisa’s fingernails. I really do love Nikki’s boots here. Nikki wanders off (wearing her fabulous boots) up a path. Now, we all know Nikki’s an independent woman and I’m sure she could defend herself if the need arose, but, really, is it a good idea for her to go a-wandering around in woods all on her own? I certainly wouldn’t wander around in the wood on my own and I’ve done some self-defence.

Nikki rings Harry; Harry rings her back. She tells him that she’s got another body that she thinks is connected to the Lisa Finch case because there’s the same residue under the fingernails of the new body. Harry tells her he’s at Whittington; Nikki replies that she’s standing outside the gates there. Harry says he’ll come and get her. Hewitt gives Harry a magazine about Whittington. Harry then tells Mumford and Simon Traynor where Nikki is and wanders off to find her.

Nikki wanders off again. Why, Nikki, why?! Stay in the same bloody place woman! How is Harry supposed to find her if she insists on wandering around in a strange, silent wood all on her own? Not that she’s on her own anymore “ a man and woman have just appeared from out of nowhere. I sense that something bad is going to happen.

Claire sits on a table silently. You know what amused me this evening? My dad was watching Sugar Rush and I saw the actress who played Claire on there. How cool. The girl who played George in the Famous Five series is also on there as a sex-queen-goddess-lesbian. Cool, huh? (What also amused me is seeing the guy who played Simon Traynor in Midsummer Murders. He was a slimeball in that too.)

The man chases after Nikki. Nikki screams.

Justine sits in a lab. A man, who I know only as The Interrogator, waffles on about stuff and waves needles and hypodermic syringes around. I think bad things are going to happen to Justine.

Mumford shouts at Claire. Claire says nothing. Well, actually, she must say something because Mumford rings up Harry in a minute and says Claire doesn’t care how many people die.

Harry cannot find Nikki “ mainly because she has wandered off and subsequently been kidnapped by a mad-man (Adrian, if you hadn’t figured it out). When Mumford tells Harry what Claire said, Harry somehow comes to the conclusion that Nikki has been kidnapped.

Nikki, meanwhile, whispers down her phone to Harry and hyperventilates while in a boot. Adrian and his friend remove Nikki from the boot and stick her in the passenger seat.

Justine is tied to a chair by The Interrogator. He sticks a syringe in her mouth. She gasps.

Adrian shouts and points a gun at Nikki, who is too busy having a panic attack to answer his questions. And thus concludes this episode.

Episode Five “ Schism [part two].

A young man “ who we later find out is Robbie Sharpe “ runs up a hill. I’m still wondering where this is set because I don’t recognise any of this countryside.

Nikki is still having a panic attack in the car. She figures out the man with the gun is Adrian. The young woman with him “ Fenella “ has a really pretty accent. Adrian asks her about the body she was looking at. Fen and Adrian figure out the body is Sam, another one of their animal rights buddies. Nikki tries to call someone. Fen wants to call her parents. Adrian wants to take Nikki with them until they can dump her. Fen drives. Adrian’s really hot.

Lots of police people wander around the mysterious countryside, looking for Nikki. Robbie hides in the heather or whatever it is.

The Interrogator looks menacingly at Justine. I still think bad things are going to happen.

Harry does the autopsy on Nikki’s body “ Sam. Harry works out that the injuries on Sam’s body are from the old-fashioned kind of barbed wire they saw being replaced at Whittington, so it all looks consistent with a break-in.

The Interrogator wants to know where Robbie Sharpe is. Justine says nothing. She’s wearing a very short skirt. Who thinks short skirts and torture are kind of inappropriate for Silent Witness? He then proceeds to knock out her tooth with a screw driver. I’m really grossed out by this point. Okay, we get it: the BBC loves guts and gore. That’s fine. But, really, this is verging on just plain disgusting. And also pointless. What, exactly, did the program gain by having young girls tortured and showing it in graphic detail? Nothing, that’s what.

Anyway, back to Leo. The lawyer woman is talking to the pathologist who referred Rufus’ case to Lionel. She says Amelia’s letter is not technically consent, but that she really, really admires Lionel and he has worked very hard to find a cure for Motor Neurone disease.

Simon and Mumford are being obnoxious. Harry tells them to shut up and get Claire in the autopsy room. He drags her around the autopsy room and she identifies the blond guy as Sam “ Simon adds that he is Sam Priestly. Harry tells her what happened to Sam. She thought he’d made it out. She also recognises Jackie. Simon says Hewitt killed Jackie.

Fen drives the car right past a bunch of policemen, none of whom realise that Nikki is sitting in the front seat. Blind much? Still, Nikki does look very pretty: apparently, she found time to reapply her eyeliner in between getting kidnapped and being shoved in a boot.

The Interrogator has pulled out Justine’s teeth. Justine still isn’t telling him where Robbie is. So he gives her some more of whatever he’s been injecting into her mouth. Somehow, I’m guessing it’s not a painkiller.

Robbie has arrived at his woodland refuse with a rucksack.

Simon Traynor is once more talking on his phone. Mumford is being somewhat less obnoxious and is talking to Harry. Mumford says there was a break-in at Whittington. Simon says they can’t talk to Hewitt because Hewitt has clout. Mumford is pissed off. Harry gets Hewitt’s fingerprint off the catalogue about Whittington that Hewitt gave him earlier. He then puts Lisa’s body in a box and does some stuff with various gases to see if he can lift a fingerprint off her body. Mumford is right: getting prints off a body is practically impossible.

Nikki, Fen and Adrian are still driving. Once more, they have come across a load of policemen. Unfortunately, these policemen are a little more on the ball and spots Nikki in the car. A chase ensues. Adrian shouts. Fen drives into the woods. The car crashes. By the time, the police find the car, all three have gone.

Harry examines Lisa’s body from head to foot. He does eventually happen across a print. It doesn’t match Hewitt’s or anyone else in the database, therefore meaning that none of the members of the WAE did it because their prints are all on file. He also gets the tox report on Lisa; she had very high levels of sodium thiopental in her blood. That’s what the Americans use in the induction phase of the lethal injection, apparently, and it’s also used as a truth serum by Al-Keada, or so Simon says. Mumford tells Harry about what happened to Nikki and the car. Harry wants to finish the conversation he had with her that morning.

Harvey is giving his evidence at Lionel’s trial. Sylvia stops breathing for a little bit. Harvey continues by saying that Lionel is wonderful, he’s helped so many families and Amelia’s letter basically amounted to consents. Harvey thinks what matters here is finding a cure for motor neurone disease. And save lives, etc.

Nikki and Adrian carry Fen across some deserted countryside. Policemen look for them. Fen can’t walk properly. Nikki says all the police want to do is to find Justine. Adrian says they need to find Robbie before the police do then Robbie will clam up and Justine will die. Nikki helps because she doesn’t want Justine to die either.

Harry calls Leo and tells him Nikki is missing. Leo wants to come over, but Harry hangs up to go and harass Claire some more.

Lionel tells Leo they are winning the moral argument. Leo’s mind seems to be on Nikki rather than the moral argument. Lionel’s hair is not flopping around so much “ I think he may have used hairspray on it.

Harry tells Claire that no one in the WAE is responsible for the murders. He also tells her that she cannot beat them because they are all grown up and Claire is just a kid. And it looks like said grown ups are going to take out the group one by one. He wants Claire to help him find out who Nikki is with. Mumford tells Harry that Nikki’s phone has been used but there was nothing there. Claire remembers Nikki. Harry says if Claire doesn’t help him, he has no way of knowing whether he’ll ever see Nikki again. He then shoves Claire against a wall and shouts at her. Claire cries. She tells Harry that she saw Hewitt and another man at Jackie’s house. Simon calls somebody. Simon says he will talk to Hewitt alone.

Nikki, Fen and Adrian arrive at Robbie’s house in the woodland, but not the one he’s hiding in. Adrian has a very ‘Wuthering Heights’ moment and shouts Robbie’s name across the countryside. Fen wants to use Nikki’s phone to call her parents. Nikki gives her the phone. Nikki then sees the same golden residue on something in Robbie’s place that looks familiar. Fen says she can’t walk. Nikki wants to get Fen to a hospital. She then shouts at Adrian. Fen says Nikki knows something. Nikki tells Adrian about the residue on Sam’s and Lisa’s bodies. Adrian then suddenly knows where they’re going. He kisses Fen goodbye and leaves with Nikki.

Robbie strokes white rabbits in his hideout.

The Interrogator gets a phone call from Fen. Justine says ‘hi’ to Fen. Fen tells The Interrogator where she is. Nice music plays in the background. Justine says ‘screw you’ to The Interrogator when he’s untied her. He says she really is a soldier and kisses her on the forehead.

Nikki and Adrian walk through the woods, avoiding helicopters and such like. Adrian tells her he’s going to study law in Toronto and that he’ll fight those who use animals for experiments in court and beat them that way. He says they cannot just be mindless vandals. I have to admit, I think he has the right idea. Anyway, he and Nikki have arrived at some trees. Nikki says the yellow stuff on them is the same as the stuff under Lisa’s fingernails.

Cut to Lionel’s case again. Lionel says he has spent his whole life in the service of people like Amelia Brown and wants to find out about a disease that takes husbands and wives away from each other in the hope that one day it might be stopped. The camera pointedly looks at Sylvia at this point. Lionel says that he did not breech his duty of care to Rufus’ remains, but that he wanted to go so much further. But he couldn’t. He went as far as he believed he could.

Claire goes in to a room with Mumford to make her statement. She tells Mumford that they had heard rumours that Whittington were using animals to study the H5N1 (bird flu?) virus, to get ahead in the race to find a vaccine. She says they were killing animals all the time. She also says that Jackie told them that she could get the WAE into Whittington. As they started planning, Claire says Adrian was uneasy and he and Robbie fought. Adrian told them that violence wasn’t getting them anywhere, but the others went with Robbie because they didn’t feel they could disagree with what he said. She doesn’t, however, know where Robbie is. She knows he had a base he made in the woods, but she doesn’t know where it is. Harry has had an epiphany: the residue Nikki found under Lisa’s fingernails must be from the woods. He says it’s a lichen and that it’s extremely rare in the South East.

Simon Traynor shouts at Hewitt and accuses him of Jackie Cooper’s murder. Simon is not happy. He is, apparently, not on Hewitt’s side. Hewitt gives him a phone number to call and says they are working on the most important health project in the world ever. Simon points out it is not about vaccines; it’s about the share price.

Simon calls the number and is told he is a bloody fool. The person on the other end of the phone tells him to get the agent “ presumably this is The Interrogator “ out of there before the police arrive.

Nikki and Adrian find Robbie’s little den. Adrian tells Robbie that Nikki is a friend. That’s nice: she’s gone from kidnap victim to friend, and all in the space of a few hours. That’s my Nikki, always able to make new friends, even in awkward situations.

Anyway. Robbie shows Adrian the cute bunnies. Adrian says Lisa’s dead, as is Sam. Adrian says they have to stop this, that they can save Justine. I think he thinks if they give back the bunnies, Justine will survive. Robbie thinks a few bunnies are worth Justine’s life.

Nikki hears a twig cracking but can’t see anyone. I sense something bad will happen.

Hewitt shows Simon where Justine is being kept, but The Interrogator is not there. Justine is still alive, and is taken to hospital.

Harry has found a possible location for Robbie’s den. He tells Simon the location of it. Simon heads out there.

Leo is giving his evidence at Lionel’s trial. Leo says Lionel’s only motivation has been to help people through his research. But when asked if Lionel breeched his duty of care, Leo says yes. He says this because, well, it’s what he thinks is right. He thinks the law must be upheld because without it, there’s nothing to protect people like Amelia Brown against what he and other scientist might happen to decide is right for them. And I can understand why he said what he said, knowing that he was letting down an old friend.

Fen and The Interrogator catch up with Nikki, Adrian and Robbie. Adrian gives The Interrogator the bunnies in order to save Justine. Nikki looks shocked. The Interrogator tells Nikki to get the police and tell them where they are or something. Nikki says no. Damn. Not only does she wander in forests on her own, she disobeys nasty men with machine guns. Much as I admire the guts it took to say that, it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Adrian gets his brains blown out. It’s not pretty. Robbie cries. Fen sits in shock. Nikki also sits in shock. Simon arrives on the scene and does not seem surprised that Adrian’s brains are now on a tree stump. Harry sits by Nikki. Mumford punches Simon Traynor.

The panel at Lionel’s trial decides that Lionel breeched his duty of care and so will be suspended from all research for five years. Harvey tells Leo that now motor neurone disease will not be cured for five years.

Harry and Nikki sit in the back of a car together, holding hands. It’s very sweet. In a way, it’s far more romantic and beautiful than any kiss could have been. She tells him that it’s a good job and he should take it; he says the reason he didn’t tell her is because he was scared she’d say that.

And thus ends the tenth series of Silent Witness.

In a few sentences: There’s a lot of animal rights stuff, some of which is worth listening too, some of which should simply be ignored because it’s the BBCs view of things. Nikki is kidnapped by a mad man with a gun, but somehow the two become friends and Nikki’s eyeliner is always perfect, despite the trauma of the situation. Harry throws quite a lot of wobbles over Nikki’s disappearance, but all ends happily ever after. Leo has a fun time in court being a character witness. And Jemima Rooper amuses me because I will forever now imagine her as a sex-queen-goddess-lesbian and cannot even look at the Famous Five books without laughing.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 3rd, 2007 at 06:54pm
OMGOGMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMOGMGOM

BBC1 ARE REPEATING SERIES 10 ON MONDAYS & TUESDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
That means Harry.Nikki kiss Roxanne
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
October 4th, 2007 at 11:07pm
OMFG YOU'RE KIDDING. WHAT TIME??????
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 4th, 2007 at 11:19pm
Gone Barrowman:
OMFG YOU'RE KIDDING. WHAT TIME??????
NORMOL TIMES I THINK
I'm dying of joy tbh
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 5th, 2007 at 12:26am
Check my layout ...out sexay! Roxanne
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 6th, 2007 at 11:46am

English class sucks tbh Smile
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
October 7th, 2007 at 10:23pm
My tutor actually told my class to watch it cos were doing forensics. Retard
I can do that. Harry. Twisted Evil
is it just me or does he look quite a bit like david tennant?
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 10:32pm
*muffin_girl*:
My tutor actually told my class to watch it cos were doing forensics. Retard
I can do that. Harry. Twisted Evil
is it just me or does he look quite a bit like david tennant?
He's the rugged twin Smile
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
October 7th, 2007 at 10:41pm
Harry Cunningham.:
OMFG. You=Genius.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 10:51pm
Gone Barrowman:
Harry Cunningham.:
OMFG. You=Genius.
Cheers Roxanne
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
December 24th, 2007 at 05:09pm
tom was born in wales Roxanne
he speaks welsh omgggggggggg
Roxanne
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 30th, 2007 at 03:23pm
Who's the white pathologist you know cuts up dedz like a pro?
Tom!
That's right, baby.

Who is tha pimp that won't never smack up his 'hos?
Tom!
Awh, yeah.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
January 4th, 2008 at 04:25pm
omg i find nice picture o my future husband Roxanne
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog