Drunk Driving Hoax.

AuthorMessage
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
June 20th, 2008 at 06:31pm
Kurtni:
None of them, you balance your responsibilities. Schools all around the world have drunk driving prevention programs. Saying that manipulating their students was part of their responsibilities is outrageous to me, there are plenty of other ways to educate students, and they don't involve lying or emotionally traumatizing kids.
Yes, I can, because I don't think scaring and lying to kids justifies the ends, even if the students now understand the pain of drunk driving. That is exactly what I meant.

I didn't say manipulation was part of their responsibility. I said teaching responsible behaviour was part of their responsibility, and I've consistently acknowledged that their approach could have been better.

And in regards to that second part, I understood your meaning. What I was trying to say was you can't predict the all possible outcomes of this stunt that could potentially outweigh the bad caused by this, but as you're so adamant nothing will justify the deception I can't argue with you any further because we'll never agree on that.
projekt
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
projekt
June 26th, 2008 at 11:36pm
I think that that was way crossing the line.
If they wanted to show their students the effects of drunk driving, they should have done a proper simulation where the students knew what was happening but also saw the full effects.
Telling someone that they're best friend died is not a good way to teach someone a lesson. It basically rips the student to pieces.
What they did was completely horrible.
Register