Ross & Brand are suspended by the BBC

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 30th, 2008 at 07:11pm
Frodo Baggins:
I hate the bloody Daily Mail. And I don't get why Russell's being pulled into it so much when it was JR who said it. Dno

if you listen to the full broadcast Russell was the bigger offender including assuring sasch not to worry his granddaughter wasn't menstrual.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 30th, 2008 at 08:38pm
Oh jesus! tehe

I reckon as a pre-record, though, someone on the producing/editing side should have been keeping an eye.. or ear as the case may be, on what was being said and taken it out if it was deemed offensive.
WoahTherePickle
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WoahTherePickle
November 1st, 2008 at 07:19am
It was a very tasteless joke, and I agree that Russell and Jonathon (and the editing team, as they should have pulled the broadcast) should have been suspended, but I think that 12 weeks is too harsh. The people who listen to their shows know what they are like, and know what to expect. They have both apologised to Mr Sachs, so that should be the end of it.
What makes me laugh is that only 2 people complained, until the moral compass of middle class Britain that is the daily mail stuck its nose in.
ree-ee-annan
King For A Couple Of Days
ree-ee-annan
November 1st, 2008 at 01:04pm
most of the people who complained probably haven't even listened to the prank,
it's just a chance for people who don't like Brand & Ross to fuel their hatred/have something to complain about.

fair enough, it was a stupid thing for them to do, but they have both
apologised and even Sachs said he was over the whole situation now.

and tbh, if his granddaughter sold the story of her sleeping with Brand,
wouldn't Sachs of known anyway?

and now, friggin' Gordon Brown's involved?
"forget about the war in Iraq! Brand and Ross have gone done a whoopsie"

ARGH, this whole situation angers me greatly. haha.
WoahTherePickle
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WoahTherePickle
November 1st, 2008 at 03:55pm
yYou just know the Daily Mail and the bbc are gonna go on a censoring rampage now. The Daily Mail have already turned there attention to other shows, like the episode of Mock The Week that was broadcast on Tuesday, despite it being a repeat from over 2 years ago.

She's got work out this whole thing anyway, her burlesque troupe is going on tour with William Control (WiL from Aiden's solo thing)
lisbeth
Falling In Love With The Board
lisbeth
November 11th, 2008 at 11:52am
I think the situation was blown way out of proportion :/.

It's the people who airred the show that should get the sack.
Register