Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
skanking Brit
Falling In Love With The Board
skanking Brit
May 26th, 2005 at 04:03pm
I think that if the person is concious, it's their choice. In the Terry Shiavo case, because she was unconsious and Terry's parents fought to keep her alive, but her husband wanted her off life support, the doctors should decide basing it on how painful or not painful it is to be alive.
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 26th, 2005 at 04:33pm
He:
I think it should be their own choice.

It is their life, and if they choose to be given this treatment to stop the pain, then that's their choice...

but I think it's wrong to kill someone who still wants to live, even if they are going to doe anyway.

i completely agree. if they're in extruciating pain and are going to die eventually, if they want the pain to be over and the only way is for someone to assist them. With their consent i think it should be done.

(did that make sense to you?)
all^by>THE<Mike
Geek
all^by>THE<Mike
May 26th, 2005 at 04:38pm
I recently went to a nursing home and i was slightly disturbed.....a lot of the people in those kinds of places are still living but in an "unnormal" concious manor. Many have extreme alzheimer's disease and cant live life to the fullest. \If it was a possibility that I get to this point I wouldn't want to continue on and leave a burden with my family and friends!
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 26th, 2005 at 04:46pm
that's so wrong. I wouldn't want to live like that, it sounds like they're almost dead already Shocked
Gillian
King For A Couple Of Days
Gillian
May 26th, 2005 at 04:49pm
I think it's incredibly stupid when the person indicates quite clearly they no longer desire to live, and would prefer to go peacefully and painlessly, and they're not allowed to die.

If we're allowed to put down pets and animals such as dogs and cats, why can't we do it to humans. After all, isn't it the general idea that humans are more important than animals?

However, if the person has not expressed such wishes I think it should be the decision of the family. Personally, I would prefer to put someone I loved out of their misery as long as I knew there was no chance they could recover.
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 26th, 2005 at 04:58pm
^^^ exactly, veryone else seems to always word things better than myself
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 05:06pm
Gillian:
I think it's incredibly stupid when the person indicates quite clearly they no longer desire to live, and would prefer to go peacefully and painlessly, and they're not allowed to die.

If we're allowed to put down pets and animals such as dogs and cats, why can't we do it to humans. After all, isn't it the general idea that humans are more important than animals?

However, if the person has not expressed such wishes I think it should be the decision of the family. Personally, I would prefer to put someone I loved out of their misery as long as I knew there was no chance they could recover.
that's what I hated about Schivo's family
they wanted to hold on to some one who (at that point) had no chance of recovery
her husband was a dickhead for not letting her recover, but she deserved to be put out of her misery
boytoy13
Geek
boytoy13
May 26th, 2005 at 05:48pm
i can understand if someone is in a vegetative state that they will not come out of, but otherwise
i don't think its right.
Foamy
Jackass
Foamy
May 26th, 2005 at 11:27pm
If the person can speak, I say it's their choice, and if not, I guess it's the families choice. I would put my family member to rest, because it would be a lot better than having them suffer. I would miss them terribly, but I have to think of what's better for them.
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
May 27th, 2005 at 02:08am
euthanasia is stupid. its the person`s life. but what bugs me is the terry schaivo case. they STARVED her to death. they took away her food and water. she wasnt even allowed to get her last rite [[eucharist]] because they said it was nourishment. thats just stupid.
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
Jackass
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
May 27th, 2005 at 05:55am
I think people should have a right, but I disagree with making it legal, because then you won't be able to trust your doctor; you'll be wondering whether they want to help you or just put you out of your misery. A happy medium, in my opinion, would be that if someone asked to die then they have a right, but doctors shouldn't even think about suggesting it to a patient.
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:02am
I think people should have the right to live or die, but not just any body though, they must have something truely wrong with them. E.g. completely paralised from the neck down, that disease that eats them from the inside out (not literally!) and things like that, but not things like AIDs or Depression as people can still live normal lives ith these. (although Depression is a bad example!)
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:14am
If they want to stay alive they should be kept alive.

If they want to die then its up to them.
Jon Walker
Jon Walker
May 27th, 2005 at 10:22am
a few years ago there was this women in Belgium who putted herself on fire because the docters refused euthanasia for her

people who wanna live, they can live, so if someone wants to die why can't they do that?
ilovetoesocks
Jackass
ilovetoesocks
May 27th, 2005 at 11:59am
eberneezer_egghead:
ilovetoesocks:
spill_no_sick:
I think that they should have the choice
if they are unconcious the doctors deserve the choice, not the family or anything, the doctors
they know what's best, they can make the descision with or without input from the family
but the doctors have the most information so they have the most informitive opinions

its true that they have the most information, but at the same time, the doctors don't know them, they're a patient to them. this person is probably the whole world to their family....they might want to spend more time with them before they go.
But how can they decide if they are too ill??? thats what always puzzled me.

they perform it when they know there is no possible way they will get better
ilovetoesocks
Jackass
ilovetoesocks
May 27th, 2005 at 12:00pm
ilovetoesocks:
eberneezer_egghead:
ilovetoesocks:
spill_no_sick:
I think that they should have the choice
if they are unconcious the doctors deserve the choice, not the family or anything, the doctors
they know what's best, they can make the descision with or without input from the family
but the doctors have the most information so they have the most informitive opinions

its true that they have the most information, but at the same time, the doctors don't know them, they're a patient to them. this person is probably the whole world to their family....they might want to spend more time with them before they go.
But how can they decide if they are too ill??? thats what always puzzled me.

they perform it when they know there is no possible way they will get better

but they need permission from the patient, or if the patient is unconscious, the family and doctor
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 27th, 2005 at 12:20pm
well, i think it's hard to say cuz usually the one who are ill and cannot cure they are suffering a boggling pain and i don't think they have the wit to decide whether end their life or not...
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:47pm
I say if that person is concious, it's their choice, but if the patient is unconcious and there's no way they can get better, the doctor should give their opinion to the family about what they should do, and the family make the final choice.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 27th, 2005 at 04:50pm
Their choice. As long as they are in a stable frame of mind then they can decide what they want.
Absolutely Nothing
Absolutely Nothing
May 27th, 2005 at 11:34pm
i did a debate on that in english....lol i made up half of my cross exam so they got it all wrong....lol my opening and speech i got off the internet and edited some parts.....it was an easy A....
Register