Body image

AuthorMessage
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 11:57am
Just like as if:
Media is ppl,society is ppl. Media's not a thing that works without brains. We create the image of media. These are one of the things that never change. If ppl didn't give a shit about other ppl's opinios, there would be no society. But we all think about what others might think of us. We can't help it. And we assume that we need to be perfect to satisfy some person, and they think that they need to be perfect for us.

And that's what causes chaos in society. We create difficult situations to get ourselves out of. If only more celebrities could stand up and say something about anorexia or something like that like with what they've done before.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:07pm
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:
Media is ppl,society is ppl. Media's not a thing that works without brains. We create the image of media. These are one of the things that never change. If ppl didn't give a shit about other ppl's opinios, there would be no society. But we all think about what others might think of us. We can't help it. And we assume that we need to be perfect to satisfy some person, and they think that they need to be perfect for us.

And that's what causes chaos in society. We create difficult situations to get ourselves out of. If only more celebrities could stand up and say something about anorexia or something like that like with what they've done before.
they do, and it's doesn't work
if some one skinny says, "be happy with your body" then it doesn't matter, she looks good

it would be more effective if Queen Latifa was a spokeswoman, she has curves and is proud of her body...and she's one hellova good rapper

but we have Beyonce as a spokeswoman, which isn't effective because she's perfect
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:09pm
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

if some one skinny says, "be happy with your body" then it doesn't matter, she looks good

it would be more effective if Queen Latifa was a spokeswoman, she has curves and is proud of her body...and she's one hellova good rapper

but we have Beyonce as a spokeswoman, which isn't effective because she's perfect

Maybe I should be the spokesperson for the men, seeing as they want to get "buff" which would require to lose an amount of weight, then gain more muslce.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:14pm
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

Maybe I should be the spokesperson for the men, seeing as they want to get "buff" which would require to lose an amount of weight, then gain more muslce.
depends, what do you look like? (got a picture?)
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:16pm
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

It's on http://www.anotherbrokenhome.com/ and click on fan interviews, I'm right there. Even thought I look skinny, I'm actually somewhere around 160 lbs
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:18pm
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

It's on http://www.anotherbrokenhome.com/ and click on fan interviews, I'm right there. Even thought I look skinny, I'm actually somewhere around 160 lbs
lmfao
you look high
Sweet Taboo.
King For A Couple Of Days
Sweet Taboo.
May 27th, 2005 at 12:23pm
I was bulimic last year, so this subject is very close to me. I was bulimic because I had a lot of criticism for being slightly heavier than the girls I hung out with. I got upset so I used to binge and then purge myself. I now realise just how stupid I was. I was really worrying my family and friends, but I didn't believe them that I was too thin. I just kept going until I saw a film of myself, I was disgusting. I then began to eat normally again with the help of my psyciatrist(sp?), and now I'm slowly gaining weight and I'm almost at a healthy weight. I'm proud of myself for getting back to a normal diet and my advice to girls would be, it isn't worth putting yourself and your loved ones through pain, just to be thin. You can die from being bulimic cause you can rupture your osopheogus(sp?). You can die from being anorexic cause you starve to death. You will never be thin enough, so don't bother. If someone only loves you for your shape, is that the kind of person you want to be with?
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:25pm
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

lmfao
you look high

I was just trying to strike the pose Tre did from the IS cover
Morey
Idiot
Morey
May 27th, 2005 at 12:36pm
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

lmfao
you look high

lol!
you look funny! Smile
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:42pm
Toby:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
Just like as if:

lmfao
you look high

lol!

you look funny! Smile

Do I look like him?
Hitchinalife
Basket Case
Hitchinalife
May 27th, 2005 at 12:50pm
first of all, eating disorders.
In a society where people strive for acceptance, being thin and attractive seems to be the easiest way to go
For people who live in the United States, we are constantly reminded of the obesity caused from the foods we eat. Fast food to be more specific.
Some overwieght people realize they over-eat and are overwieght. Binge eaters are usually the first to fall into bulimia. Whilst people who might not overeat, but live off fatty foods and that have a slow metabolism that made them overwieght are more likely to become anorexic. People with eating disorders are like drug addicts in the sense that they don't realize they have a problem or an addiction. Another thing that im becoming concerned with is the acceptance building toward eating disorders, take pro-ana websites for example. Pro-ana websites believe that anorexia is a life choice. They are normally full of anas that share dieting and fasting tips, and they support you. If you have the time heres the link to a pro-ana site http://www.plagueangel.net/grotto/

Eating disorders are wrong
but at the same time you cant call people that have them wrong.

Here are some symptoms and effects for anas and mias

Anorexia:
At first, you just feel really hungry, to the point that it hurts all the time. Mentally, it makes you think about food soooo often...it's like torture, but then again, it's the mental stress and fighting against it that makes anas feel that they're really doing well.

After a few weeks of not eating, the body digs into its fat stores, at which point you start to see the quick weight loss and that emaciated (starved) look that defines anorexia.

Long-term? Well, a lot of the time, if you don't begin recovery, anorexia causes death. But...you do start to lose your head hair, and your body hair (arms, legs, even the little tiny hairs on your tummy and face) gets thicker. Why? because your body thinks you're in a famine. That's why all of this happens, really. Your skin turns yellowish and bruises much more easily, and your bones become very brittle - could land you in the hospital, which is very bad news if you're an ana.

If you're female, you stop having your period, because if your body can't even support itself, it sure as hell won't let you have a baby. if you're a male, you'll have erectile dysfunction and your body won't produce sperm.

If you recover, or begin to do so, you will actually gain back more weight than what you lost - this is the famine thing again. Your body clings onto every bit of fat it can, just in case that "famine" returns. And, well...a lot of the time, it does.

Bulimia:
A lot of anas are mias too, because they'll break a fast to eat, and once they start, they can't stop - the bingeing gives them immense guilt and self-hatred, which they try to remedy with self down-talk and yes, purging.

Anyway...

Mias don't actually lose a lot of weight, or at least not as much or as rapidly as the anas do. But once they do start losing, it's the same thing, really. Other dangers of bulimia are the risk of a ruptured esophagus from all the bile and fluids that come with purging, which is almost always fatal...and there are ulcers as well, for obvious reasons.

It's sad, really...a lot of bulimics are so secretive about it and keep at it for so long that they die next to the toilet with vomit everywhere.
~retardsrule

anorexia is horrible disorder that you can never fully recover from
by not fully recovering i mean that the worry, the guilt after you eat, the personal image of yourself - the shadow of it is always there.
My position on eating disorders does not matter, this subject is something no amount of protestors or rallyers can ever stop.
Orli*D
Idiot
Orli*D
May 27th, 2005 at 12:52pm
I don't think it's just the medias fault.
SOME Guys can have really high standards towards what girls look like and nobody's perfect. Girls who are shy around guys or for whatever other reason they don't let a guy see their personality, can be pressured to look good to get their attention.

Is there any way of preventing this??
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:55pm
not to mention that th vomit (which is acidic) will erode away at everything in your mouth and you will go bald if you go long enough without eating, because your body concentrates on keeping you alive too much to concentrate on your hair
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:56pm
Orli*D:
I don't think it's just the medias fault.
SOME Guys can have really high standards towards what girls look like and nobody's perfect. Girls who are shy around guys or for whatever other reason they don't let a guy see their personality, can be pressured to look good to get their attention.

Is there any way of preventing this??
no
most guys are bastards and have high standards, I cannot stand people like that
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:56pm
So, would I be considered over weight if I'm like..160 pounds or more?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:57pm
Stuck With You:
it depends on your age, height, and body structure
Hitchinalife
Basket Case
Hitchinalife
May 27th, 2005 at 12:58pm
Stuck With You:

http://www.consumer.gov/weightloss/bmi.htm
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:58pm
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:

Body structure?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 01:00pm
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:

Body structure?
ask your doctor, me and my friend have the same height, but my shoulders are much broader, so I weigh twenty pounds more than him
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 01:05pm
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Stuck With You:

Body structure?
ask your doctor, me and my friend have the same height, but my shoulders are much broader, so I weigh twenty pounds more than him
I don't really know if my shoulders are broad or not but my biceps seem a little harder and a bit larger but still small
Register