How to develop your new weak band?..

AuthorMessage
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 8th, 2005 at 01:14pm
paradoxical:
...sometimes it can be hard to put an entire band together--mine has a bassist (me) and a vocalist who was gonna play guitar but decided she sucked and didnt want to, so...i have no drummer, no guitarist, and some lyrics that lack music. we call ourselves mediocrity (and we kinda ARE at the moment...), and when we can get stuff all put together were gonna be awesome because said vocalist has a home recording studio, and if we dont like that, there is one in my very very small town that will give us a good price...nice pic, btw

Well, some times I am really afraid that our band can be not together, but then I shout at them and everything's allright.
Very Happy
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
July 8th, 2005 at 01:28pm
Prima:
Hello, people!
I've got my band-but we have two problems:the first is to write nice new songs that are not just like Green Day's, Offspring's or SOAD's; and the 2nd one is to make our band more popular...
What advise can you gave us?
P.S. How did you like my photo?
Guitar
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1. Does your band jam? (i.e, someone starts a riff etc and everyone joins in, just see where it goes) You can always tell when a band trys to hard to sound like another band. If you jam, play spontaniously you will get the chance to see what your capable of and create your own sound - some of the best ideas come from jamming.

2. Record some stuff- this can be expensive so see if you can do it at school, or get some help with it. Use your recording to get a booking agent perhaps - either way you need to get phoning venues, get talking to other bands, find out where the local gigs happen and get yourself booked in!

What photo? hmm huh?
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 8th, 2005 at 01:43pm
Avantidrummer:
Prima:
Hello, people!
I've got my band-but we have two problems:the first is to write nice new songs that are not just like Green Day's, Offspring's or SOAD's; and the 2nd one is to make our band more popular...
What advise can you gave us?
P.S. How did you like my photo?
Guitar
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1. Does your band jam? (i.e, someone starts a riff etc and everyone joins in, just see where it goes) You can always tell when a band trys to hard to sound like another band. If you jam, play spontaniously you will get the chance to see what your capable of and create your own sound - some of the best ideas come from jamming.

2. Record some stuff- this can be expensive so see if you can do it at school, or get some help with it. Use your recording to get a booking agent perhaps - either way you need to get phoning venues, get talking to other bands, find out where the local gigs happen and get yourself booked in!

What photo? hmm huh?
My photo is my avatar...
Well, I think, my groupmates are not able to jam yet-I have to teach them how to play every riff myself!
We're trying to get a small rec.studio at my home.
Very Happy
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
July 8th, 2005 at 02:30pm
Dude - your the first person who actually tricked me in to thinking you were Billie, from what I can see anyway. Same posture.

Thats not too good that they can't jam, important part of being in a musician...if they practice then it'll come together. How do you usually write your songs?
What about getting your bass player to start a little riff, then your guitarist might find it easier to put chords to that? Then the drummer has their input and so on....
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 9th, 2005 at 06:17am
Avantidrummer:
Dude - your the first person who actually tricked me in to thinking you were Billie, from what I can see anyway. Same posture.

Thats not too good that they can't jam, important part of being in a musician...if they practice then it'll come together. How do you usually write your songs?
What about getting your bass player to start a little riff, then your guitarist might find it easier to put chords to that? Then the drummer has their input and so on....

I'm sorry-my english is not very good-you meant that I'm just like Billie on that pic?
Thanks then!
Well, I use to write lyrics first of all. Then I Write my part, then our solo-guitarist write his part, then I write part for bassist..
And you?
Well, I and our solo-guitarist jam smtimes, but our bassist sucks a bit...
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
July 9th, 2005 at 02:52pm
Cool. Have you tried writing a riff first then just seeing what lyrics, tune come to mind?

My band all write..our trombone player just wrote a pretty neat song while sitting on the toilet. Heh.

The most common way we've been writing songs lately is just by accident..in the middle of practice when we're taking a break, our bass player will play a random riff and our guitarist joins in and then I'll just start singing..see what comes from it. I'll get ideas from listening to that and then I'll go home and write down some proper lyrics (I'm drummer but I also sing and write)

Smile
Ants IN Your Pants
King For A Couple Of Days
Ants IN Your Pants
July 10th, 2005 at 01:06am
practice practice practice practice practice practice
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
July 10th, 2005 at 03:09am
Prima:
GreenDay420:
ooo and some other advice, do you guys have myspace? cuz you shoul dget one for your band. we've had it for awhile and recently a band from phoenix (arizona) asked if they could do a gig with us in august and we agreed and found a venue and we've booked it. so yah try that, bands do that when they're touring, they try to find local bands in the area that they're touring in to do a gig with them.

Well, it seems that we don't have a place to do a gig in... Sad
There are loads of fucking POP bands that occupie all serious and not places. I think that we shall bye a garage. What do you think about it?
Very Happy

lol well you could always play at people's parties and stuff. im sure if you looked around there would be some all-ages club you could play a gig at.
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 11th, 2005 at 01:59pm
Avantidrummer:
Cool. Have you tried writing a riff first then just seeing what lyrics, tune come to mind?

My band all write..our trombone player just wrote a pretty neat song while sitting on the toilet. Heh.

The most common way we've been writing songs lately is just by accident..in the middle of practice when we're taking a break, our bass player will play a random riff and our guitarist joins in and then I'll just start singing..see what comes from it. I'll get ideas from listening to that and then I'll go home and write down some proper lyrics (I'm drummer but I also sing and write)

Smile

Of course I have.
Inspiration is very strange thing.
For example, I woke up today then ran to my table and begun to write lyrics. They're nice one, you know.
Razz
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 11th, 2005 at 02:01pm
Ants IN Your Pants:

Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect. So why practice?!-Billie Joe Armstrong.
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 11th, 2005 at 02:03pm
GreenDay420:
Prima:
GreenDay420:
ooo and some other advice, do you guys have myspace? cuz you shoul dget one for your band. we've had it for awhile and recently a band from phoenix (arizona) asked if they could do a gig with us in august and we agreed and found a venue and we've booked it. so yah try that, bands do that when they're touring, they try to find local bands in the area that they're touring in to do a gig with them.

Well, it seems that we don't have a place to do a gig in... Sad
There are loads of fucking POP bands that occupie all serious and not places. I think that we shall bye a garage. What do you think about it?
Very Happy

lol well you could always play at people's parties and stuff. im sure if you looked around there would be some all-ages club you could play a gig at.

We shall see...
Rolling Eyes
Very Happy
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 22nd, 2005 at 06:50am
And what do you think about left-handed guitarists?
Rolling Eyes
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
July 22nd, 2005 at 03:03pm
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:

Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect. So why practice?!-Billie Joe Armstrong.

Why practice?

so that you don't suck ass.
xxx_[[trigger*girl]]_xxx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xxx_[[trigger*girl]]_xxx
July 23rd, 2005 at 01:26am
any band players that are bandless
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 24th, 2005 at 09:47am
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:

Why practice?

Well, you don't like that, as I see.
Or you have bad vision?
Billie Joe said this!
And if you don't like Billie Joe-FUCK YOU then!!!

Guitar
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
July 24th, 2005 at 11:46am
practicing is ok...but sometimes it's boring...but u do get better.Well that's what happens when i practice...most of the time.
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
July 24th, 2005 at 02:27pm
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:

Why practice?

Well, you don't like that, as I see.
Or you have bad vision?
Billie Joe said this!
And if you don't like Billie Joe-FUCK YOU then!!!

Guitar

what?! i fucking live by that quote, but i dont practice to be prefect...i practice to be awesome.

And Billie's my fucking IDOL and HERO, so fuck you too.

Just face it dude, if you don't want you're band to suck.. then you gotta work at it... you think Bill, Mike and Tre got that good over night... i dont fucking think so!
xxx_[[trigger*girl]]_xxx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xxx_[[trigger*girl]]_xxx
July 24th, 2005 at 11:50pm
if u have trouble rhyming your songs....go to http://www.rhymer.com
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
July 24th, 2005 at 11:59pm
Prima:
And what do you think about left-handed guitarists?
Rolling Eyes

they're awesome. i cant think of any right now cept hendrix (obviously) and zacky vengeance. left handed guitarists kick ass.
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 17th, 2005 at 04:36pm
Avantidrummer:

Smile

I bet youre a very good drummer!
Well, I think, all young authors write songs like that...
For example, I and my friend walked down the street and suddenly I became to sing...
Then we wrote guitars...
Register