Jackass
Sapphire!
January 17th, 2006 at 08:49pm
RedEyeCodeBlue:
Sapphire.:
They're one of my favorite bands.

And one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar
was the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine; I was proud of myself. Cool

holy cow i still have difficulties playing that riff! you must have been a born genius or something. or maybe it's because i have small hands and virtually non-existant fingers. or maybe i'm just challenged. yes that's probably it.

Born genius, I wish. Razz
I have small hands too, and at first it seemed like a long stretch,
but after practicing it you get used to it. Now it's really easy to me.

I learned it by tab but the fingering I used was bad
because I couldn't play as fast as the song.
So I just thought it through and re-configured my fingers
so I could change the notes quicker, and I eventually found a way.
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
January 17th, 2006 at 08:53pm
Sapphire.:
RedEyeCodeBlue:
Sapphire.:
They're one of my favorite bands.

And one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar
was the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine; I was proud of myself. Cool

holy cow i still have difficulties playing that riff! you must have been a born genius or something. or maybe it's because i have small hands and virtually non-existant fingers. or maybe i'm just challenged. yes that's probably it.

Born genius, I wish. Razz
I have small hands too, and at first it seemed like a long stretch,
but after practicing it you get used to it. Now it's really easy to me.

I learned it by tab but the fingering I used was bad
because I couldn't play as fast as the song.
So I just thought it through and re-configured my fingers
so I could change the notes quicker, and I eventually found a way.

are you in a band then? im having troubles playing as fast as the song too. it's frustrating. you must be a genius if you thought of an easier way to play it too.
and you're right. it is a LONG stretch.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 17th, 2006 at 08:53pm
GreenDay420:
RedEyeCodeBlue:
G N' R are awesome. i grew up on them. their cover of "Knockin On Heaven's Door" is one of the best covers of that song I've heard. almost up to the original Bob Dylan version. and i have heard a lot. and i mean a lot of covers of that song. axl rose was awesome. and umm hello! guns n roses had slash. who is possibly one of the best guitarists EVER.

i smite you. slash is no where near being the best guitarist ever. a lot of people over-rate his skills on the guitar (especially a recent magazine which i will not talk about cuz i'm still quite angry about). he plays with the same style all the time, it gets repetitive. i'm not saying he's not a good guitarist, but not 'best guitarist' material. if you want to hear some music from some of the best guitarists, look up names like yngwie malmsteen, steve vai, paul gilbert (look up billy sheehan too who was his bassist and he's a fuckin insane bassist), joe satriani, jason becker, zakk wylde, buckethead, and there's some more but those are the ones who stand out.

lol buckethead was in guns n roses
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
January 17th, 2006 at 08:55pm
$PERB$:
GreenDay420:
RedEyeCodeBlue:
G N' R are awesome. i grew up on them. their cover of "Knockin On Heaven's Door" is one of the best covers of that song I've heard. almost up to the original Bob Dylan version. and i have heard a lot. and i mean a lot of covers of that song. axl rose was awesome. and umm hello! guns n roses had slash. who is possibly one of the best guitarists EVER.

i smite you. slash is no where near being the best guitarist ever. a lot of people over-rate his skills on the guitar (especially a recent magazine which i will not talk about cuz i'm still quite angry about). he plays with the same style all the time, it gets repetitive. i'm not saying he's not a good guitarist, but not 'best guitarist' material. if you want to hear some music from some of the best guitarists, look up names like yngwie malmsteen, steve vai, paul gilbert (look up billy sheehan too who was his bassist and he's a fuckin insane bassist), joe satriani, jason becker, zakk wylde, buckethead, and there's some more but those are the ones who stand out.

that was an opinion. i also think pete townshend was incredible. and, in MY OPINION, i think you can't over-rate his skills on guitar. what i see as "best guitarist" material won't always agree with you. that's the great thing about music though.
Sapphire!
Jackass
Sapphire!
January 17th, 2006 at 09:00pm
RedEyeCodeBlue:
are you in a band then? im having troubles playing as fast as the song too. it's frustrating. you must be a genius if you thought of an easier way to play it too.

Nah, no band. Sad But that'd be awesome.
Lemme figure out a way to explain the way I can play it,
and then I'll PM you and hopefully that'll make it easier for you. Smile
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
January 17th, 2006 at 09:02pm
Sapphire.:
RedEyeCodeBlue:

YAY! thank you so much. i wish you lived in canada. you could be in my band. we have two guitarists, but we really want three so i can be free to wander while im singing if i so choose.
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
January 17th, 2006 at 09:03pm
Sapphire.:
RedEyeCodeBlue:

YAY! thank you so much. i wish you lived in canada. you could be in my band. we have two guitarists, but we really want three so i can be free to wander while im singing if i so choose.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 17th, 2006 at 09:04pm
RedEyeCodeBlue:
$PERB$:
GreenDay420:
RedEyeCodeBlue:

that was an opinion. i also think pete townshend was incredible. and, in MY OPINION, i think you can't over-rate his skills on guitar. what i see as "best guitarist" material won't always agree with you. that's the great thing about music though.

well i would say slash is pretty amazing imo
clapton is too tho of course n frank zappa hendrix etc etc
although he has re used that scom riff too many times for example in loving the alien by VR i think he should just let it die n come up with some new licks ya know>?
The Spelling Nazi Minx
Idiot
The Spelling Nazi Minx
January 17th, 2006 at 09:07pm
$PERB$:
RedEyeCodeBlue:
$PERB$:
GreenDay420:
RedEyeCodeBlue:

well i would say slash is pretty amazing imo
clapton is too tho of course n frank zappa hendrix etc etc
although he has re used that scom riff too many times for example in loving the alien by VR i think he should just let it die n come up with some new licks ya know>?

clapton is god to many guitarists out there. frank zappa and hendrix as well.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 17th, 2006 at 09:34pm
i know you have your own opinion and that's cool. i'm just pointing out that slash is way too over-rated.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 17th, 2006 at 09:38pm
yes i agree nowadays slash is overrated like with Vr but i think that in the past he was very underrated
Ilse
Ilse
January 17th, 2006 at 09:39pm
I'm not a big fan.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 17th, 2006 at 09:42pm
i really dont like velver revolver very much they r like watered down ladies gnr for patients recovering from ear surgery ta me but that just my opinion
Franny.
Franny.
January 17th, 2006 at 09:55pm
i quite like velvet revolver actually. they're pretty different than gnr in a sense that scott and axl sound nothing alike and i guess i prefer scott's raspy vocals and him as a person better than axl.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 18th, 2006 at 09:19pm
hes a d bag imo but w/e
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
January 19th, 2006 at 04:49pm
$PERB$:
i really dont like velver revolver very much they r like watered down ladies gnr for patients recovering from ear surgery ta me but that just my opinion

....it's a damn accurate opinion....if you ask me

Syd.
rokoutgurl55
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rokoutgurl55
January 21st, 2006 at 10:20pm
I Love them! I heard axel was getting together with slash and stuff, making a band.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 22nd, 2006 at 09:43am
IUGyugKUYfkuyfKUYFkuGVLGLIUGliguslfihblil,yufguyfguldygfliyligliGLYGLIGYDLIkhiluefliugliyguygkuygfluygLIYGLIGILUHRLUBILFUHGBIGLIHB

That's me imitating Slash's guitar solo ^ Retard
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
January 30th, 2006 at 05:13pm
Love them. Truly awesome band.

Axl's latest announcement about the album was just brilliant - Happy 44th Birthday to the Axe-man next week!
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
February 22nd, 2006 at 05:04pm
slash slash salsh. Smile mmmm axel...
Register